• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    TRUE
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Michael Caine was the first person to hear the Bond theme GOLDFINGER ( after John Barry of course wink )

TRUE or FALSE ?

cool

new page bump again
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. How long is it going to stay? I am so looking forward to the answer biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Boy, if it's true i'd really love to know what the first reactions / comment were!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    How long is it going to stay? I am so looking forward to the answer biggrin

Not long. I'll give the answer tonight.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where's Thor etc?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I meant this tonight....honest guv shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And when I'm reading this tomorrow, obviously it'll STILL be "this" night...

<Emergency temporal displacement>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    And when I'm reading this tomorrow, obviously it'll STILL be "this" night...

<Emergency temporal displacement>

Hey, it's me so.....ummmmm??......maybe!?? dizzy shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Hey, it's me

And we luv ya for it.kiss
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Me luv u long time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Me luv u long time.

Me scared!
  2. Timmer, where's the answer? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Hell, I'm going with TRUE
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I meant this tonight....honest guv shame wink

Answer tonight....honest! shame

see also martijn's replies wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Michael Caine was the first person to hear the Bond theme GOLDFINGER ( after John Barry of course wink )

TRUE or FALSE ?

cool

new page bump again

very very last bump before tonight
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I say TRUE.

I know there's a story about Caine sleeping over at Barry's place (or perhaps it was the other way around) and Barry was noodling around on the piano on some famous theme. I just can't remember WHAT theme it was...it may have been a different one (a film starring Caine himself, perhaps)...but it may just as well have been GOLDFINGER.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    Well done to everyone who said.....

TRUE!

Thor has obviosly heard this story before somewhere!?

Michael Caine wasn't the legend he is now then, he needed somewhere to stay and the first person he thought to call on was John Barry, who was "entertaining" a lady at the time, despite this Barry put him up and Caine ended up staying for two weeks, he found out Barry was a 'night owl' who composed at the piano until the early hours of the morning, Caine said he had that tune running through his head for weeks.

I was at John Barry's 1998 concert at the RAH waiting for the concert to start when Michael Caine took the podium to a huge round of applause saying "I know what your thinking, he's not a musician, what's he doing up there" before recounting this early experience at Barry's house and mentioning that Barry was never a 'fair weather' friend but a true friend at which point Barry is introduced, Caine and Barry heartily embrace, Caine leaves the podium and Barry addresses the audience, "and here's that 'tune' that kept Michael awake for weeks" and launches the orchestra straight into GOLDFINGER.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    COOL! any way of knowing what his reaction was?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Something odd happened to my post and I now have to re-write it angry confused slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Something odd happened to my post and I now have to re-write it angry confused slant

Okay, it's sorted now D wave
  3. Great story. I KNEW they were good friends. I guess if Caine was up to direct a film, he'd hire Barry.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Great story. I KNEW they were good friends. I guess if Caine was up to direct a film, he'd hire Barry.

I'd guess so. You have to go all the way back to 1970 for the last Barry scored Caine film THE LAST VALLEY.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    that's amazing. *sigh* I would have given many things to see that moment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited
    omaha wrote
    that's amazing. *sigh* I would have given many things to see that moment.

It was a fantastic night! David Arnold was there and I got to chat to Basil Poledouris cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

I was at John Barry's 1998 concert at the RAH waiting for the concert to start when Michael Caine took the podium to a huge round of applause saying "I know what your thinking, he's not a musician, what's he doing up there" before recounting this early experience at Barry's house and mentioning that Barry was never a 'fair weather' friend but a true friend at which point Barry is introduced, Caine and Barry heartily embrace, Caine leaves the podium and Barry addresses the audience, "and here's that 'tune' that kept Michael awake for weeks" and launches the orchestra straight into GOLDFINGER.

cool

Amazing moment, all embracing the true magic of film music i am sure every one of us is feeling through such occasions. Amazing. Thanks for sharing mate.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You are welcome D beer

I wish everyone here could have been there ( I know James was ), it was a magical night. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Man, I wish some of them would come to FL. The Kronus Quartet will be here at the University of Florida this Wednesday. I hope I don't have class or work at that time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    A quickie before I put up a proper True/False.

All these are very famous people / artists, but which one is the odd one out? Hopefully this is easy but I'll give clues if necessary.

Gordon Sumner

Paul Hewson

Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Prince Rogers Nelson

Farrokh Balsara

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Whoah... shocked

Erm, from the ones I know an educated guess is, that it may be Prince Rogers Nelson?

I may be TOTALLY off here, though...