• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Whoah... shocked

Erm, from the ones I know an educated guess is, that it may be Prince Rogers Nelson?

I may be TOTALLY off here, though...

You may be right you may be wrong? wink

First clue : All of them are musicians
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    A quickie before I put up a proper True/False.

All these are very famous people / artists, but which one is the odd one out? Hopefully this is easy but I'll give clues if necessary.

Gordon Sumner

Paul Hewson

Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Prince Rogers Nelson

Farrokh Balsara

biggrin

bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm guessing they are the original names of artists that are better known under other names - Gordon Sumner is Sting, right? Marshall is...Eminem (or was it Marilyn Manson)? Prince Roger Nelson is....Prince? Could Farrokh be Freddie Mercury? Paul Hewson I don't know.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I'm guessing they are the original names of artists that are better known under other names - Gordon Sumner is Sting, right? Marshall is...Eminem (or was it Marilyn Manson)? Prince Roger Nelson is....Prince? Could Farrokh be Freddie Mercury? Paul Hewson I don't know.

You are bloody close Thor!

Just figure out why one is an odd one out.....and no, it isn't that the other four are alive wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    A quickie before I put up a proper True/False.

All these are very famous people / artists, but which one is the odd one out? Hopefully this is easy but I'll give clues if necessary.

Gordon Sumner

Paul Hewson

Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Prince Rogers Nelson

Farrokh Balsara

biggrin

bump

As I said, i intend this one to be quick so...

Gordon Sumner - Sting

Paul Hewson - Bono ( U2 )

Prince Rogers Nelson - Prince

Marshall Bruce Mathers - Eminem

Farrokh Basara - Freddie Mercury ( Queen )

and the odd one out is..............................
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Farrokh?! Because he has TWO artist names?

And Bono, eh? I had no idea that Paul Hewson was his real name. Doesn't have the same "schwung", I agree.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Farrokh?! Because he has TWO artist names?

And Bono, eh? I had no idea that Paul Hewson was his real name. Doesn't have the same "schwung", I agree.

BINGO!

Well done Thor beer

I'll be putting up a proper, more substancial True / False in the next day or so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Poop!

I thought Prince was the odd one out because he was the only one to retain his own name (well, his first name at least). angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Poop!

I thought Prince was the odd one out because he was the only one to retain his own name (well, his first name at least). angry

BINGO! Well done lad cool

In retrospect the question did have multiple answers shame wink
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    This question about Freddie Mercury reminded me of my Queen phase a long time ago (about 16 years ago I guess!), but I have to admit I forgot about his real name!

During that phase I made a drawing of the band. Queen
    Although Brian May's face is a bit out of proportion, I was very proud of this one. Actually, I still am when I see it hehe, because I was so young. Frankly I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

This weekend I have been making photos of all the drawings I could find, so I can keep them digitally as well. A back-up, sort of, and I'm hoping it will motivate me to create some more stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    This question about Freddie Mercury reminded me of my Queen phase a long time ago (about 16 years ago I guess!), but I have to admit I forgot about his real name!

During that phase I made a drawing of the band. Queen
    Although Brian May's face is a bit out of proportion, I was very proud of this one. Actually, I still am when I see it hehe, because I was so young. Frankly I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

This weekend I have been making photos of all the drawings I could find, so I can keep them digitally as well. A back-up, sort of, and I'm hoping it will motivate me to create some more stuff.

Great pic Bregje, don't give up the art, you definitely have talent.

I wish I had kept a record of all that I've done, I only have a small folder of personal stuff dating back a long time., everything else was either commisioned or given away, I really should have kept a photographic record of it all, scultures, artworks the lot slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yeah, now with digital photography and scanners and everything, it's really easy to keep it all together, even if you give it away later on. Or sell it, if you're really good.
    wink

What kind of things did you do Timmer? Sculptures? Cool!

I've never really tried paint, except for the image in my avatar. I think it's difficult. Drawing was always more my thing. I'd like to experiment a bit more though and I really want to pick it up again. But the same with playing music and reading more books, so I'm going to be busy!!
    dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008 edited
    Art wise it was mostly portraits of peoples loved ones and pets etc, incredibly boring to do frankly but I always took the work seriously. Far more interesting was designing posters for rock bands where creativity is involved, also for stores and shops, even calling cards, I once did one for a massage parlor....albeit a very reputable and respectable one wink

I mentioned the Terminator bust in an earlier True/False question. For personal pleasure I've done some Dinosaur stuff, Skull replicas and the like and a big sc-fi style monster created from my own imagination which I sold to a friend ( he wanted it soooo badly and it hurt letting it go ) I once had talks with the guys at Movie Boulevard ( film music store ) about doing some film composer busts but nothing came of it in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Oohhh, yeah, I think I remember something about the dinosaurs or the monster, you told something about that before here, right?

What did you use for the portraits and the posters? Pencils or paint? Or different mixed things?

I'd love to try aquarel as well like in kids books illustrations.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Oohhh, yeah, I think I remember something about the dinosaurs or the monster, you told something about that before here, right?

What did you use for the portraits and the posters? Pencils or paint? Or different mixed things?

I'd love to try aquarel as well like in kids books illustrations.

Mostly pencils and ink, more rarely acrylics and oils.

What is Aquarel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A stuff they use to paint, if i am not mistaken?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    A stuff they use to paint, if i am not mistaken?

A bit more precise please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Something about water-color if i am not mistaken again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFp8vxN69Is
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's the same in English, I think: aquarelle. confused
    You know: water colours?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Ahhhhh of course wave <--slaps head

Sense at last beer

I think almost every child started with water colours and crayons wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

apparently
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008 edited
    Isaac Newton was without doubt one of the most towering geniuses in the history of mankind. However, he was also a bit of a quirky nutter who once stuck a long pin in his eyesocket to see what would happen ( luckily for him...nothing ), he also once stared at the sun for as long as he could bear to determine the effect it would have on his vision, again he was lucky not to sustain lasting damage though he had to spend some days in a darkened room to recover.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    False
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FALSE.

I know that apples fell on his head and stuff, but I can't believe he inflicted pain upon himself to that degree?!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    TRUE
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    He was probably the greatest scientific mind of all time, yet he was also a big fan of alchemy. Usually the brilliant and the silly seems to go hand in hand. So I say:

TRUE

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oooooohhh, 50 / 50.....keep em coming folks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    TRUE, I say!
  2. I'd risk TRUE
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website