• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    I have a new one coming soon, watch this space wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Great - I´ll watch this space too. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2008
    Not the one I intended but I won't leave this one up too long.

Name the ODD one out....

BLUE WHALE

IMPERIAL MAMMOTH

TYRANNOSAURUS REX

QUETZALCOATLUS ( a giant prehistoric bird )

GIGANTOPITHECUS ( a huge ape )

Clue : nothing to do with being extinct, flying, sea going or two legs.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Not the one I intended but I won't leave this one up too long.

Name the ODD one out....

BLUE WHALE

IMPERIAL MAMMOTH

TYRANNOSAURUS REX

QUETZALCOATLUS ( a giant prehistoric bird )

GIGANTOPITHECUS ( a huge ape )

Clue : nothing to do with being extinct, flying, sea going or two legs.

Any takers? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Isn't the Quetzalcoatlus a name for a god of the Inca's? Or Aztecs. I forgot.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of course!

I think the odd one out is the Rex, for reasons that I shall divulge later...
    It does matter at any rate!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yay! Two takers! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I go for Rex, cause Martijn is. He smart. Me respectz smart people.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    Steven wrote
    I go for Rex, cause Martijn is. He smart. Me respectz smart people.

Copycatz?.....no respek! rolleyes tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Of course!

I think the odd one out is the Rex, for reasons that I shall divulge later...
    It does matter at any rate!

Martijn, wanna go for it and say why you reckon it's the Rex?

( only 2 takers? surely it wasn't that hard? )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    I still go with the birdy.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    I still go with the birdy.

Cool Bregt!

I wanna see Martijn's reasoning before I give the right answer!? wink

Still time for others to give an answer....D ? Alan? Bregje? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK, my reasoning is as follows: I think it has to do with size.

I know the blue whale is the biggest mammal alive today.
    I'm reasonably certain that the Imperial Mammoth was the Palpatine...err... pinnacle of size as far as mammoths go.
    I seem to remember that the Gigantopithecus was the biggest ape ever.

I don't know the Quetzalcoatlus, but with the name of the Incan serpent God, I'm just betting that it may have been a whopper as well.

Now I *know* that -as much as I'd like it to be- Tyrannosaurus wasn't the biggest anything. There are at least two carnivorous dinosaurs that were larger in size.

So there you have it.
    I think all except the Tyrannosaurus are the biggest in their class.

Not that it matters.
    T. is still king in my book! <gives a little but spirited Lost World drum roll>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    OK, my reasoning is as follows: I think it has to do with size.

I know the blue whale is the biggest mammal alive today.
    I'm reasonably certain that the Imperial Mammoth was the Palpatine...err... pinnacle of size as far as mammoths go.
    I seem to remember that the Gigantopithecus was the biggest ape ever.

I don't know the Quetzalcoatlus, but with the name of the Incan serpent God, I'm just betting that it may have been a whopper as well.

Now I *know* that -as much as I'd like it to be- Tyrannosaurus wasn't the biggest anything. There are at least two carnivorous dinosaurs that were larger in size.

So there you have it.
    I think all except the Tyrannosaurus are the biggest in their class.

Not that it matters.
    T. is still king in my book! <gives a little but spirited Lost World drum roll>

I have nothing more to add o'correct one! biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    During World War II British soldiers found that Condoms were useful for keeping weaponry clean and safe from the elements by putting condoms over the ends of rifle barrels etc. A request was made to have 18 inch condoms made for larger weaponry, Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave his seal of approval but only on condition that they were marked "Medium Size" in case they fell into enemy hands.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Sorry for the outdated topic, but just wanted to mention Quetzalcoatlus is the largest pterosaur NOT bird tongue Pterosaurs were flying reptiles

Gigantosaurus carolinii is the largest theropod (meat eating dino) not T-Rex I think.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Sorry for the outdated topic, but just wanted to mention Quetzalcoatlus is the largest pterosaur NOT bird tongue Pterosaurs were flying reptiles

Gigantosaurus carolinii is the largest theropod (meat eating dino) not T-Rex I think.

Spot on Ravi!

Now have a go at the latest one.
  2. Timmer wrote
    During World War II British soldiers found that Condoms were useful for keeping weaponry clean and safe from the elements by putting condoms over the ends of rifle barrels etc. A request was made to have 18 inch condoms made for larger weaponry, Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave his seal of approval but only on condition that they were marked "Medium Size" in case they fell into enemy hands.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

haha, I'll be laughing silly when it's true, so I go for TRUE biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Where would Brits find condoms? biggrin

FALSE
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

FALSE
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Dunno why but methinks the answer is TRUE! tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

bump

I'll give this a couple more days. Alan wave Steven wave Bregt wave Bregje wave Martijn wave etc
  4. TRUE

So absurd it MAY be true actually
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Seems true to me?

I once filled one up in a bathroom with my girlfriend (no, not like that) because neither of us were in the mood... well okay, she wasn't in the mood. I foolishly didn't fill the bath up with water, so the condom was able to reach critical mass.
    Let's just say the bathroom got a good clean in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorShane D
    Ha ha..

False.

The 'medium sized' thing doesn't convince me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I had not read that part properly! shocked Hmm, I dunno then. No idea. It's funny though! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Keep em coming ( no, not like that ).....cripes this is like the 'Carry On' thread rolleyes cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'll just say FALSE. It's a nice story though. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I doubt with most grave doubtfulness...
    FALSE
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

FALSE
    Kazoo