• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's no love for BUNNIES in this world? sad

Not even from composer Mike Batt ( Bright Eyes ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    ICE AGE: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell

Ray Romano
    John Leguizamo
    Denis Leary
    Queen Latifah

The sub-zero heroes from the worldwide blockbusters Ice Age and Ice Age: The Meltdown are back, on an incredible adventure ... for the ages. Scrat is still trying to nab the ever-elusive nut (while, maybe, finding true love); Manny (Ray Romano) and Ellie (Queen Latifah) await the birth of their minimammoth, Sid the sloth (John Leguizamo) gets into trouble when he creates his own makeshift family by hijacking some dinosaur eggs; and Diego the saber-toothed tiger (Denis Leary) wonders if he’s growing too “soft” hanging with his pals. On a mission to rescue the hapless Sid, the gang ventures into a mysterious underground world, where they have some close encounters with dinosaurs, battle flora and fauna run amuck – and meet a relentless, one-eyed, dino-hunting weasel named Buck.

After such blockbusters as Shrek, Happy Feet, Horton Hears A Who and Kung Fu Panda, John Powell (The Bourne Trilogy) is the premier composer for characters born of CGI. Powell now returns to add dinosaurs to his menagerie of ogres, penguins, pandas, and Whos.

20th Century Fox will open ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS nationwide on July 1.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 978 2
    Release Date: 06/23/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    YES!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk

Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, that (score and movie) is going to be lots of FUN!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya wrote
    Wallace & Gromit's "Cats 'n Burger" joke was in my mind... Does this word have any other meaning!? dizzy

Well, if Katzenburg was a German city (the city of cats biggrin ), it would be an inhabitant of the city. Now Katzenburger would be a burger made of a cat lol

Annnnnnd Pawel is banned.
    Say bye-bye, folks!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    BasilB wrote
    ICE AGE: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell

[scrat voice] weee! [/scrat voice] punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote

I wanna hear an audio recording of you doing that!!!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm counting on Varese to give it a 60 min + running time like the previous one. I bet they will! lick

And hopefully no tracks continuing into each other this time. That's pretty darn annoying!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote

I concur. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DemonStar wrote
    I'm counting on Varese to give it a 60 min + running time like the previous one. I bet they will! lick

So do I, but I hope they don't. Who can listen to 60+ minutes of frenetic animation music in one sitting? Certainly not me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009 edited
    I can! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote

Later, maybe. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote
    So do I, but I hope they don't. Who can listen to 60+ minutes of frenetic animation music in one sitting? Certainly not me.

It's me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miya wrote
    Later, maybe. biggrin

I know women.
    "maybe later" means "roughly around the same time that the Universe collapses into itself and dies a heat death". sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Miya wrote
    Later, maybe. biggrin

I know women.
    "maybe later" means "roughly around the same time that the Universe collapses into itself and dies a heat death". sad

Oh yeah, that's so true. Maybe.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    DemonStar wrote

And hopefully no tracks continuing into each other this time. That's pretty darn annoying!

Well, they make pauses this time and it will be annoying like hell. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Actually, I LOVE when tracks are continuing into each other - mostly when they are short tracks as is often the case with animation scores, Powell's included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    keky wrote
    mostly when they are short tracks as is often the case with animation scores, Powell's included.

Yeah. But it's nice if they include them as a single track in the first place!

Oh well, that's how JoPo likes it.. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    My biggest ongoing problem with film music is actually the short track-syndrome (i.e. tracks under 1.50) I HATE THEM!!! (Listen, Thomas Newman? wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Agreed. Also when they cut out small portions of long tracks for making a "better listening experence', I hate that. Though I admit it does sound better in some cases, but more often it gets on my nerves when I find out after watching a film the portion of the track I liked is cut out but the rest of it is on the soundtrack.
  1. The score will be best appreciated in the movie, but if it's another situation of 35 tracks under 1 or 2 minutes, then I'm not up for it confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The score will be best appreciated in the movie, but if it's another situation of 35 tracks under 1 or 2 minutes, then I'm not up for it confused

You'll never know till you here the soundtrack. I mean Horton Hears A Who! was a fun listen last year. 34 tracks and about 60 min many tracks flowing into each other and thus making a very good listening experience. Start panic when its about 30 tracks and 35-40 min.
  2. ColSharpe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The score will be best appreciated in the movie, but if it's another situation of 35 tracks under 1 or 2 minutes, then I'm not up for it confused

You'll never know till you here the soundtrack. I mean Horton Hears A Who! was a fun listen last year. 34 tracks and about 60 min many tracks flowing into each other and thus making a very good listening experience. Start panic when its about 30 tracks and 35-40 min.

Horton wasn't a fun listen for me. Just fun in various situations. But the same problem with all those short tracks running through each other. That's why I'm affraid
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ColSharpe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Horton wasn't a fun listen for me. Just fun in various situations. But the same problem with all those short tracks running through each other. That's why I'm affraid

Horton was a burden for me; I'll take BOLT over that (and Kung Fu Panda) any time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Southall wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I can. I will. And I'll enjoy every second of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

Horton was a burden for me; I'll take BOLT over that (and Kung Fu Panda) any time.

Why you do that? Why you trie to hurt me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Why you do that? Why you trie to hurt me?

If Demetris (and indeed any other sensible person) thinks the Bolt album is better than those other two, then don't worry - it just means there is more Horton and Kung Fu Panda left for you!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Horton was a better album than Bolt by miles simply because it had length. I know what D means though as even I think Horton drags terribly in the middle part, but now the Bolt promo is out I can say I'd take that over anything Horton offered regardless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Horton was a better album than Bolt by miles simply because it had length.

shocked

Seriously!? It's miles worse!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009
    I prefer Bolt over Horton too. Not a single track on the promo which fails to keep my interest up. punk