• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    "Returnees Elisha Cuthbert"?

Kim's back?! Season ruined. rolleyes slant

I wonder who they're talking about from the prequel who's not going to make an appearance. Hopefully the African general guy (but he wasn't likeable). We saw the Chris Whitley character dead anyway so I'm assuming it's the President's son, Roger.

My next sentence contains a spoiler.

I also know a major character from the prequel is going to die in episode 7, and I also assumed this would be the prez's son as he apparently gets kidnapped or something by Voight's crew. Can't wait to find out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    "Returnees Elisha Cuthbert"?

Kim's back?! Season ruined. rolleyes slant

That´s what I thought too. But then I thought about season 3, where Kim had almost a supporting role, or at least he wasn´t literally unbearable like in season two.

Anthony wrote
    I wonder who they're talking about from the prequel who's not going to make an appearance. Hopefully the African general guy (but he wasn't likeable).

If you mean the character played by Tony Todd, I seem to remember I saw him in a season 7 trailer.

Anthony wrote
    I also know a major character from the prequel is going to die in episode 7, and I also assumed this would be the prez's son as he apparently gets kidnapped or something by Voight's crew. Can't wait to find out!

I want Voight to be the best villain ever. So he´d better start kidnapping, torturing, killing and do all the devilish shit necessary to become it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    If you mean the character played by Tony Todd, I seem to remember I saw him in a season 7 trailer.

Son of a bitch. I don't want the Africa stuff to have any part in this. And no, I mean the guy who was the mate of the prez's son. He ended up shot in the head and having concrete poured over him at the end of the prequel. I thought perhaps the reviewer missed this (it happened in the split screens at the end).

Marselus wrote
    I want Voight to be the best villain ever. So he´d better start kidnapping, torturing, killing and do all the devilish shit necessary to become it.

And live until episode 24. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    I saw a great advert today in the newspaper. It was just the 24 "2" and then "days to go". biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    Tonight is the night! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2009
    Well..technically it's not as America won't be getting it for another 14 hours anyway, and it won't even appear on the internet until tomorrow. My countdown has always been until Monday. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Tonight is the night! punk

Now it is! punk

Please can we (which I assume is only Marcel and I biggrin ) put spoiler tags on posts that contain spoilers until the season is over please!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009 edited
    Sure.

Remind me of it in a PM and I'll add those to the button menu.

Shall we use [spoiler]...[/spoiler] and put the text in the same colour as the background;making it only visible when selected.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    As I wasn't even asking for that it's even better! biggrin kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is there a way we can block certain threads? I really couldn't care less about this topic... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Sure.

Remind me of it in a PM and I'll add those to the button menu.

That would be great, as in the "Lost" thread.

I have the first two episodes. I´ll try not to watch them until I have the other two scheduled for tonight. Who am I fooling, I can´t wait one more day!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Is there a way we can block certain threads? I really couldn't care less about this topic... sleep

And I couldn't care less about you! angry biggrin kiss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    T-minus 3 hours until Bauer. I'm getting pumped again! punk explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Don't get me wrong, I like 24 and will probably watch this new series.... but threads about TV shows bore the crap out of me! Even Lost. sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Don't get me wrong, I like 24 and will probably watch this new series.... but threads about TV shows bore the crap out of me! Even Lost. sleep

Hooray! Sense prevails punk

I like 24 and I have a vague interest in LOST but these threads are tedious. I was absolutely crazy for THE SOPRANOS ( Best. Television. Show. EVER. ) and a thread on that would have bored the crap outta me too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lost (24 less so) is great to discuss. The number of theories, discussions about music, and all the other random crap that you can come up with is great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Hooray! Sense prevails punk

I like 24 and I have a vague interest in LOST but these threads are tedious. I was absolutely crazy for THE SOPRANOS ( Best. Television. Show. EVER. ) and a thread on that would have bored the crap outta me too.

Steven and Tim......get out of Bauer´s thread! You are banned! Forever! tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, let them stay! Only an hour and a half to go, and it's the busiest the 24 thread has ever been! biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Such as?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Such as?

As in, like, you know, this thread.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, yeah. It's logical. Only 2 people out of all the members of the mt actually care about 24. It's natural. biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

Agree on The Sopranos. What a show. The episode in the woods (third season?) is absolutely the best single episode of television drama I've seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    24gasm after the first two episodes punk punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just finished the first two. Spoilers below...

Story - Ain't particularly pleased the Africa stuff is back (and God damn it, Dubaku IS back sad ). Then again, so is Tony. His reveal could have been more dramatic but I guess it didn't matter that much as I knew he was back. A bit lame they've already captured him after two episodes but I'm willing to see where it's going. Jack's stuff at the Senate was cool and I loved his "I didn't hear a question." line.

Characters - Slutty Samantha is back! biggrin Unlike the season 6 characters these ones don't suck. Jack's new partner in crime is HOT! (there, I'm sorry I disagreed with you Marcel). Colm Ferororororor's character is, like the prequel, more interesting than the president herself. I'm also not willing to accept the fact that his son is dead. Voight's crew have to have him!!

Action - I suppose this is why it's a four hour premier as these two eps were rather light on it. I've seen the preview of the next two eps and they look insane (cars crashing off second floor parking lots for example). Looking forward to it!

Music - Callery's switched out his horrible synths....for more horrible synths! rolleyes Music was fine...it got too loud on occasion and I felt like shouting out "shut the hell up" (such as when the dude with the Joker face got shot).

Overall - 24 is back. Better than season 6, still below season 5 and the first three, but it felt like season 4 - not perfect, but enjoyable enough you can switch your brain off.

Looking forward to the next two eps where hopefully Jack will go on a killing spree. punk

*** 1/2 out of 5
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Agree on The Sopranos. What a show. The episode in the woods (third season?) is absolutely the best single episode of television drama I've seen.

Oh yes, that one was fantastic, and possibly one of the few self contained episodes you could view singularly. The Sopranos wasn't a show you could dip in and out of.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Just finished the first two. Spoilers below...

Then again, so is Tony. His reveal could have been more dramatic but I guess it didn't matter that much as I knew he was back.

Yeah, but as early teasers of season 7 showed him it was useless to delay its appearance.

Anthony wrote
    A bit lame they've already captured him after two episodes but I'm willing to see where it's going.

Oh I´m more than sure Tony has a lot of interesting things to say / do.

Anthony wrote
    Jack's stuff at the Senate was cool and I loved his "I didn't hear a question." line.

Agreed. Great dialogue and performances.

Anthony wrote
    Jack's new partner in crime is HOT! (there, I'm sorry I disagreed with you Marcel).

Yes, she is VERY hot! And her chemistry with Sutherland is amazing (and not only when they shoot together).

Anthony wrote
    Colm Ferororororor's character is, like the prequel, more interesting than the president herself.

Yeap, his subplot can be really interesting (and I suspect it will be the key to the whole thing).

Anthony wrote
    Action - I suppose this is why it's a four hour premier as these two eps were rather light on it. I've seen the preview of the next two eps and they look insane (cars crashing off second floor parking lots for example). Looking forward to it!

We´ll know in a few hours.

Anthony wrote
    Music - Callery's switched out his horrible synths....for more horrible synths!

Well, I didn´t expect big changes here to be honest.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A few other things that made it awesome (spoilers):

- "Events occur in real time" was back.

- The opening scene. Could Tony have had a bigger gun?!

- "We'll reconvene at the same time tomorrow" from the Senate...you couldn't be more wrong.

- Janeane Garofalo's take on being Chloe Mk II.

- Jack's first reaction to finding out Tony would be alive. To be honest I didn't think he'd find out until he physically saw him. Now THAT would have been a reaction.

- The fact that Walker blatently knows that she's not going to be able to control Bauer for long, but she does her best anyway...and for once Jack listened!

- The fact that Bauer's on a leash. And I don't mean a "5 minutes are you're dead" Ronnie Lobell leash either.

- The "mole" plot. I shouted out "Stop with the moles!!" when Jack first mentioned it, but if they leave the reveal for quite a while it could be good.

- There's blatantly something going on between Walker and the guy who heads the FBI office.
    - The whole plane hijacking thing was very Die Hard 2.0ish!

- For once, the US needs to go to war. Jack will finally be doing the opposite of seasons 2 and 6!

- I don't trust agent Gedge!!

- Jack and Tony fist fight!

- The simple fact that 24 is back! It feels weird watching NEW episodes again!

- Eps 3 & 4 tonight hopefully!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    "Events occur in real time" was back.

24gasm when I heard that.

Anthony wrote
    - The fact that Walker blatently knows that she's not going to be able to control Bauer for long, but she does her best anyway...and for once Jack listened!

The dialogue in the car while they are going to scarface´s place is great.

Anthony wrote
    There's blatantly something going on between Walker and the guy who heads the FBI office.

I like that character and I agree, there´s something between Walker and Agent Moss. Sooner or later Walker will have a conflict of interests I´m afraid.

Anthony wrote
    The whole plane hijacking thing was very Die Hard 2.0ish!

Indeed, very thrilling and well edited to add tension.

Anthony wrote
    Jack and Tony fist fight!

The first great moment of this season.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Spoilers follows...

Personally, I think the head off the FBI office is the mole.

They're trying to pass it off as that prick data analyst guy ("we already looked at those files twice").

Think about it - Walker talks privately to him and says she and Bauer need to go alone to The Joker's (first nickname of the season!) apartment. The sniper then kills The Joker after a matter of minutes. Bauer suggests that no one out of the FBI office knew they would be there. The FBI guy then panics when Bauer and co. head off to find Tony and gets Garofalo to track them. I rekon he's the mole, but decided to track them to make sure Walker didn't get hurt.

Conspiracy number 1 solved!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Conspiracy number 1 solved!

Only 100 more to discover tongue