• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    Wine, a long red dress and long black straight hair on you would be way more dramatic mate; go get those tongue

Just stopped playing CRAIG ARMSTRONG - the incredible hulk

painfully boring
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I feel so betrayed. No, no, I don't want to hear it... you two deserve each other! <throws a glass of wine in your face>

See... that's a big problem right there. I'm a beer drinker. tongue

-Erik-

Me too! cool

Thanks for the compliment Erik but you're hardly a slouch on the NP thread yourself! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wine, a long red dress and long black straight hair on you would be way more dramatic mate; go get those tongue

I'm already wearing that.... er... I mean... I'm drinking beer and watching sports on TV. And thinking manly thoughts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm already wearing that.... er... I mean... I'm drinking beer and watching sports on TV. And thinking manly thoughts.

Cheers Steven beer

NP : nothing

Off to the pub for beer and Pool and talking bollocks while setting the world to right! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

But of course; nobody's kidding with any maintitles.net male member's unstoppable, uncontrollable and genuinely vast manliness around here!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jumper John Powell

Just watched the film on Blu-Ray and I thoroughly enjoyed it, can't see why it got so many bad reviews? Okay, so it wasn't a masterpiece, but who cares? It kept my interest throughout the entire movie, I was glued to the screen.

Powell's score worked well, and I'm glad I can enjoy it a lot more after seeing the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008 edited
    NP: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - John Williams

Wonderful score, one of my favorites from the Star Wars saga. I really hope they release a complete score album, as they've done with the original trilogy. This album only contains highlights from the score, as most soundtracks do, and I think some of the tracks here could - and should - have been left off the album and replaced with more recognizable score cues. One such example is Palpatine's Teachings, which is almost entirely made up of low, long, held out men's choir tones. Very boring, IMO. And I also don't see why the track labeled General Grievous, doesn't even contain the general's motif (which is established in Star Wars / The Revenge of the Sith, and later replayed in Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious)! It would be nice if the track was more accurately titled. Much of the soundtrack is very good, though it just leaves me wanting more, and more! Tracks like Battle of the Heroes, Anakin's Betrayal, and Anakin's Dark Deeds certainly do not disappoint, though.

Favorite tracks:

1. Star Wars / The Revenge of the Sith
    2. Anakin's Dream
    3. Battle of the Heroes
    4. Anakin's Betrayal
    10. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    13. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    14. The Birth of the Twins / Padme's Destiny
    15. A New Hope / End Credits
  1. Nautilus wrote
    NP:BackDraft (Zimmer)

Is this Zimmer best score for some people, right?

It is for me. It sums up all that's good about what he does. Those last few cues together never fail to bring tears to my eyes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : L.A. CONFIDENTIAL - Jerry Goldsmith

Great stuff! cool

Timmer - Not sure if you and I have similar taste in film music but it seems that everytime you post in the NP thread you are always playing something that I like. No offense to anyone else here on the board, but I think you are the one I would choose to spend a day listen to film music with.

I know exactly what you mean! There's many a time that Tim is playing one of the great titles from my collection - and sometimes I do think to myself "why am I listening to this shallow, more recent release when I could be enjoying myself more and listening to what Tim's listening to!"
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008
    NP: Kung Fu Panda - Zimmer & Powell
    This score grows on me every time I listen to it. I am even starting to love what previously seemed like a rather meandering action piece, "Tai Lung Escapes," because it is actually NOT meandering...it is built around the brief but effective motif for Tai Lung which is actually quite a cool little theme in the classic bad-guy music sense.

My favorite of the year so far! I'm sure it won't be at the end of the year, but its a VERY nice surprise. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. NP: One Million Years B.C. - Mario Nascimbene

I remember finding this on LP and being so grateful - I could finally get rid of the tape I'd made off the TV. Then, a few years later, finding it on CD was too much to hope for!

The 9-minute final cue is awesome - even with the somewhat dodgy recording. But, this seems to add to the charm of the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote
    Jumper John Powell

Just watched the film on Blu-Ray and I thoroughly enjoyed it, can't see why it got so many bad reviews? Okay, so it wasn't a masterpiece, but who cares? It kept my interest throughout the entire movie, I was glued to the screen.

Powell's score worked well, and I'm glad I can enjoy it a lot more after seeing the movie.

Yep, watching the movie has completely turned this score around for me. I think it's helped by the fact that the movie has so many great locations and I will now associate the score with that. It is one of Powell's weaker scores, but even one of his weak scores works very well. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Angels In America - Thomas Newman

I swear I'm completely addicted to this score, it's just fooking amazing! Gorgeous passages of soaring strings and woodwinds, haunting use of piano and atmospherics, and some really captivating tinkling percussion. Just beautiful.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    TheTelmarine wrote
    NP: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - John Williams

You know... you don't always have to write out (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) or (Music from the Motion Picture) every time you post in the NP thread. I think we get that you are listening to a soundtrack.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    NP: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - John Williams

You know... you don't always have to write out (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) or (Music from the Motion Picture) every time you post in the NP thread. I think we get that you are listening to a soundtrack.

-Erik-

OK... I just post the album title as it appears in iTunes, but whatever... Is it a real problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    TheTelmarine wrote

Ok... I just post the album title as it appears in iTunes, but whatever... Is it a real problem?

No... not at all... but don't you think it's... well, unnecessary on a soundtrack forum. wink

BTW, you keep the (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) text in your iTunes tags? Again, don't you think that's unnecessary?

-Erik
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. NP: Diane (Rozsa)

This is one of my favourite Rozsa dramatic scores. His theme for the title character is incredible. I particularly like the interpolation of the 'Dies Irae' in 'Death of Francis'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: One Million Years B.C. - Mario Nascimbene

I remember finding this on LP and being so grateful - I could finally get rid of the tape I'd made off the TV. Then, a few years later, finding it on CD was too much to hope for!

The 9-minute final cue is awesome - even with the somewhat dodgy recording. But, this seems to add to the charm of the score.

I think you know I love this! cool

Such a raw primitive sound, barbaric but with moments of ethereal beauty.

I know exactly what you mean about the "dodgy" recording and how it somehow adds to the overall feel.

JNH's DINOSAUR ( great score it is too ) could just as easily be about Lions and Zebras and other African animals, Nacimbene's score IS Dinosaurs and a time before History!
  5. NP: Lover's Prayer (McNeely)

One of the my favourites of the McNeely scores I've heard. Only just received this in the mail yesterday.

Also played Rozsa's PROVIDENCE and Arriagada's TIME REGAINED this morning while script writing. I suspect the dialogue from that section will be a bit too operatic as a result! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: A Bug's Life - Randy Newman

One of the best Newman scores till now along with Cars, with a great main theme and action theme. The Grasshoppers' "biker gang" music is awesome too! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Beowulf - Alan Silvestri

Adrenaline meets Testosterone in the main theme in tracks like I'm Here To Kill Your Monster and Beowulf Slays The Beast!! lick punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Ok... I just post the album title as it appears in iTunes, but whatever... Is it a real problem?

No... not at all... but don't you think it's... well, unnecessary on a soundtrack forum. wink

BTW, you keep the (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) text in your iTunes tags? Again, don't you think that's unnecessary?

-Erik

It is a bit unnecessary. You could even write Revenge of the Sith and we would still know which score you were playing. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Beowulf - Alan Silvestri

Adrenaline meets Testosterone in the main theme in tracks like I'm Here To Kill Your Monster and Beowulf Slays The Beast!! lick punk cool

I'm addicted to that score at the moment! cool
  6. Hancock - JP

Amazing !

Powell's BEST score of the year !

Hollywood Blvd, Death & Transfiguration and THE MOON AND THE SUPERHERO !

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Agent Cody Banks - John Powell

Yet another big action packed torpedo from Powell! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Hancock - JP

Amazing !

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

If you are being serious, you have made my day! smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. Scribe wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Hancock - JP

Amazing !

If you are being serious, you have made my day! smile

Listen to the extracts I made here => http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=791

biggrin biggrin
  8. NP: Lover's Prayer (McNeely)

Very beautiful, romantic score. A nice score to listen to alongside Desplat's Luzhin Defense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Red Dragon - Danny Elfman

Somewhat underrated, I think. Personally I like this one a lot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

-Erik

It's not unnecessary in some cases, when there are more than one album. For others, I do see what you're saying, but I just like posting it right out of iTunes. I rely on iTunes for just about everything (track titles, album information, etc.) wink