• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    ALAN SILVESTRi - Forest Gump

One of the most heartfelt scores of delicate beauty ever written with one of the most passionate main themes you'll hear in film music. So much passion, melody and spirit, a rare masterpiece.

A rare masterpiece! He said it! biggrin

Personally I don't think it's a "rare masterpiece", but it's nice - if a little over-sentimental. I do like the Forrest Gump running music.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

...a rare masterpiece.

Oh, one of those! biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    at least Jumper had some interesting orchestrations.

Very true, JUMPER had some very good moments in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    at least Jumper had some interesting orchestrations.

Very true, JUMPER had some very good moments in it.

You´re crazy. Both of you biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Kingdom Of Heaven 3 CD - Harry Gregson Williams

One of the best HGW scores with awesome string work! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: The Wind and the Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

A score for a hot summer day. cool

Indeed! It's fooking brilliant too! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

One of the most heartfelt scores of delicate beauty ever written with one of the most passionate main themes you'll hear in film music. So much passion, melody and spirit, a rare masterpiece.

CRIKEY! shocked vomit

Don't ever change D kiss wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Justice League - Kevin Manthei

I dunno if you guys listened to this, but I just discovered it and am lovin' it! biggrin Manthei is pretty underrated IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

CRIKEY! shocked vomit

You don't like it?

n.p. DAVID ARNOLD - found brothers

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

CRIKEY! shocked vomit

You don't like it?

I think the words 'rare masterpiece' may be what he's more shocked about. wink

cool

Um, do you mean FOUR Brothers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah, that's what i mean shame Doesn't change the fact that it's a very cool score though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Certainly now that you've found them. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've been listening to The Happening a lot recently, and it's one of my favourites from this year. Perhaps it's not the most fun listen, but it's so well crafted. For that reason alone it's one of my top 2008 scores. I couldn't care less if M. Night has made a potentially shite film (as I've yet to see it), as long as he continues to work with JNH, that's all that matters to me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I've been listening to The Happening a lot recently, and it's one of my favourites from this year. Perhaps it's not the most fun listen, but it's so well crafted. For that reason alone it's one of my top 2008 scores. I couldn't care less if M. Night has made a potentially shite film (as I've yet to see it), as long as he continues to work with JNH, that's all that matters to me!

Couldn't agree more. THE HAPPENING overshadows everything i've heard this year so far.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

CRIKEY! shocked vomit

You don't like it?

cool

What Steven said! wink

The score is okay, I'd give it an average 2 1/2 out of 5. Enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

Really? Listen to the FORREST GUMP SUITE mate, very few write music as such. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Mr. M. Night had better start producing box office or he'll be working on films where JNH is out of his price range.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Mr. M. Night had better start producing box office or he'll be working on films where JNH is out of his price range.

Really! lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really? Listen to the FORREST GUMP SUITE mate, very few write music as such. smile

Yeah I know, as I said, it's enjoyable! smile

But I'd much rather listen to....

NP : BEOWULF - Alan Silvestri

punk cool

p.s. The TV is on with the sound turned down, The British Isles : A Natural History, with scenes of volcanic eruptions, glaciers and mountains and oceans, the music fits very well cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - The Happening

"Be With You" is the most outstanding composition i've heard this year, incredibly powerful and moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

The Egg Travels, Raptors/Stand Together and Breakout will forever remain in my top 10 JNH tracks' list!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

The Egg Travels, Raptors/Stand Together and Breakout will forever remain in my top 10 JNH tracks' list!! punk

Awesome score! Full of many highlights.

NP: The Postman -- James Newton Howard

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - The Happening

"Be With You" is the most outstanding composition i've heard this year, incredibly powerful and moving.

A rare masterpiece? biggrin
  2. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Is James Newton Howard Day or Something???

Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Couldn't agree more. THE HAPPENING overshadows everything i've heard this year so far.

Including Lost Season 3 tongue

NP:Speed Racer (Giacchino)
    Something curios happened to me with this score. If you are not in the specific mood you can be annoyed by it.
  3. DemonStar wrote
    NP: Justice League - Kevin Manthei

I dunno if you guys listened to this, but I just discovered it and am lovin' it! biggrin Manthei is pretty underrated IMO.

make of it an orchestral album and you have a much better album
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Is James Newton Howard Day or Something???

Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Including Lost Season 3 tongue

No! Lost season 3 isn't really a 2008 thing in my mind since it was just released in this year but comes from the year before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Signs - James Newton Howard

This is simply the best thing James Newton Howard has ever composed and the best score of the 00's. This score is a brilliant example of mono-thematic scoring, theme variation, tension building, coherent start to finish scoring, intelligent horror scoring, and musical storytelling. IMHO, this score is up there with the likes of John Williams Jaws. The three note motif heard throughout the score works just like the shark motif does. It signals that the aliens are close by and plays in various volumes based on where the aliens are. The closer the aliens are to our heroes, the louder and more complex the music gets.

Agreed 150% punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All this SIGNS talk, got me to play it once again, loud. The "brazilian video" cue is pure genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote

Also played Rozsa's PROVIDENCE and Arriagada's TIME REGAINED this morning while script writing. I suspect the dialogue from that section will be a bit too operatic as a result! wink

Arriagada's Le Temps Retrouve is lovely! Do you have Les Ames Fortes as well?

RP: Stephan Eicher - Monsieur N.
    This was a blind purchase and it turned out to be a gentle, relaxing listen. At 33 tracks there's not much time for cue development but the medieval-sounding stuff is pretty.

NP: Carlo Siliotto - Nomad
    It's cool to have Siliotto finally get a big project where he can write in epic mode. I've listened to this only once before but it was just too long. Hopefully this time I'll last the full cd.