• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Just pointing out that quote is Telmarine, not me. wink

Huh? How did that happen? confused

Haha, anyway, fixed! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Probably his best album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Probably his best album.

Completely agree.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008 edited
    David wrote
    NP: Howl's Moving Castle Image Album - Joe Hisaishi

This album is almost worth it just for the gorgeous opening track "Mysterious World" which contains an alternate title theme for the film. A few of the tracks are almost note for note the same as on the non image album, but most of the tracks contain new or reworked music. "War War War", "Wizard's Waltz", "Secret Garden" and "Sophie's Tomorrow" are real highlights. If you enjoy the the official film album, I definitely recommend getting the image album.

"Image Album" contains pieces of music which Hisaishi wrote at an early stage in production, inspired by storyboards and concept arts. So he reworked "Image Album" to write actual score for the movie. smile

I don't have either Howl albums (yet!), but I love the main theme The Merry-go-round Of Life, beautiful...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008
    Miya wrote
    David wrote
    NP: Howl's Moving Castle Image Album - Joe Hisaishi

This album is almost worth it just for the gorgeous opening track "Mysterious World" which contains an alternate title theme for the film. A few of the tracks are almost note for note the same as on the non image album, but most of the tracks contain new or reworked music. "War War War", "Wizard's Waltz", "Secret Garden" and "Sophie's Tomorrow" are real highlights. If you enjoy the the official film album, I definitely recommend getting the image album.

"Image Album" contains pieces of music which Hisaishi wrote at an early stage in production, inspired by storyboards and concept arts. So he reworked "Image Album" to write actual score for the movie. smile

I don't have either Howl albums (yet!), but I love the main theme The Merry-go-round Of Life, beautiful...

Hmm, that makes sense. I never would have thought they would get an entire orchestra together to record what I suppose amounts to a temp track. Very interesting. wink

NP: Gosford Park - Patrick Doyle

A wonderful album with an amazing amount of variety that all works seamlessly together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Hunchback of notredamme and Enchanted (Menken)

"hunchback" is probably the best thing Ever penned by Menken, and very close to be the best animation score if Prince of Egypt and The Lion King was not from Zimmer.

Enchanted, the 3 songs....So addictive and sweet!!! and the movie it's funny!

Im a little bit.....Good Felling mode!

Thank you Jordi! I was wondering if anyone here except me played any Menken scores confused

NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

Whatever be The Dark Knight like, I don't think anyone should have any problems with this awesome Zimmer masterpiece which has one of the shortest score releases in history...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Hunchback of notredamme and Enchanted (Menken)

"hunchback" is probably the best thing Ever penned by Menken, and very close to be the best animation score if Prince of Egypt and The Lion King was not from Zimmer.

Enchanted, the 3 songs....So addictive and sweet!!! and the movie it's funny!

Im a little bit.....Good Felling mode!

Thank you Jordi! I was wondering if anyone here except me played any Menken scores confused

Count me in as another! Menken was probably the composer that first got me into film music. I bought a number of Disney soundtracks before ever buying my first score only albums.

NP: Brother - Joe Hisaishi

I've been listening to quite a few Hisaishi albums over the last few days. I just think I'm getting excited about my trip to Japan as I leave in just 4 days! Brother might be my favorite Hisaishi score. It has his wonderful melodic sense, but it's wraped up in a laid back jazzy, midnight stroll kind of package. "I Love You... Aniki" is a great track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    David wrote
    Count me in as another! Menken was probably the composer that first got me into film music. I bought a number of Disney soundtracks before ever buying my first score only albums.

Cheers, man! beer My second score album I got (the first being The Lion King by Zimmer) was Aladdin and then Beauty and the Beast. And Storybook Ending from Enchanted is gonna remain one of my mos favourite tracks ever, along with Sanctuary! from HoND and Cave of Wonders from Aladdin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ANGELO BADALAMENTI - A very long engagement

A very beautiful and melodic, albeit repetitive, slow and offbeat at places - score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    My fist post from my second (and probably new job)!!! i think it's not the right way to start thought..eheheh

NP:The Dark Knight

Brilliant. But I can't understand so copy and paste from the first score..

Anyway, this score is bloody brilliant. It has wich the first one lacked: Self importance and pretensiosity.

Is really Joker's suite a one note theme? I mean this variations with short notes with this techno style is the same...note?? dizzy

(God, One of the girls of my department is really hot! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    NP: La Tenda Rossa (The Red Tent) - Ennio Morricone

First Listen.

Wonderful. No one uses human voice in film music like Morricone. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: La Tenda Rossa (The Red Tent) - Ennio Morricone

First Listen.

Wonderful. No one uses human voice in film music like Morricone. cool

A fine score indeed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: Hero - Tan Dun

Absolutely stunning performances by Perlman, the KODO Drummers and all musicians involved. The themes are wonderful but I have one major problem with the album: it's too repetitive. The same theme has a rendition in nearly all sixteen tracks. shocked Still the atmosphere created in tracks as Gone With Leaves, Love in Distance is reason enough to get it. I especially like the male choir renditions of the main theme which pop up now and then, which give it an epic feel. Recommended if you like eastern flavoured music with emphasis on the percussion.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH - David Arnold

It has it's moments.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

It has it's moments.

That opening cue is fantastic! And the epic "Submarine" cue is dynamite!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

It has it's moments.

-Erik-

Yeah, those are good, I really enjoy 'Ice Bandits' too. The title song is sung by a group with a very appropriate name for such a weak effort.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

It has it's moments.

Burn. biggrin

To be honest, it's not my favourite score, but certainly those 'moments' are some of my favourite pieces of film music. I can understand why people wouldn't like it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

It has it's moments.

-Erik-

YEAP! I understand the great criticism about this score, but i find a really cool one, and far , far better than other scores like M:I 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

It has it's moments.

-Erik-

YEAP! I understand the great criticism about this score, but i find a really cool one, and far , far better than other scores like M:I 2.

Well, that's a given.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    X-Men: The Last Stand (complete) John Powell

Awesome. Definitely one of his best scores and one of my favourites. Some pretty great cues not on the original album. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Awesome. Definitely one of his best scores and one of my favourites. Some pretty great cues not on the original album. cool

I used to though the same, and of course it's one of his bests. But Suddenly I noticed the action tracks are too based in percussion tricks and ankluns. And the suspense track are uninteresting.

Being said that, phonix theme will be remembered for my brain beyond my death spin

4 and half stars!

NP:TDK

how nobody talks about this score..let me make the whole conversation :P

from track 8 this score is pure dynamite!

"Like Dogs Chasing cars", "and I thought my jokes were bad", " agent of Chaos" , "a little anarchy", "Watch the world burn" (A so incredible piece, even if it begins like "Am I not merciful?") and " A Dark knight" makes a perfect listening!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nautilus wrote

You talk about it too much! tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Bann me! because I have passion (obsession) for music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

First of all, STOP IT! I think if you want to discuss The Dark Knight score THIS much move your comments over to The Dark Knight thread. Also, the majority of us don't have the commercial album in front of us to listen to. It's isn't available until July 15, 2008

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Why don't you just write out one long post. You've obviously listened to the score enough times... give us your opinions in one, big, long post and be done with it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Why don't you just write out one long post. You've obviously listened to the score enough times... give us your opinions in one, big, long post and be done with it!

-Erik-

PUUUUULLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSE! rolleyes

Get it over with Jordi...NOW!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Nautilus wrote

As Frankenstein's monster would say...

"Passion....good.... GOOOOOOOOOD!"

"Obsession....bad.... BAAAAAAAAAAD!"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

sleep tongue

I will admit though, the complete is more bareable. wink
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It has it's moments.

-Erik-

For once, I agree to everything you said. I remember blowing my boxes to pieces with "Submarine".
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

So, if you guys want to discuss BBs and TDKs faults without end, that´s okay, but if Jordi wants to write something positive about it now and then, that´s not? wink

After all, this is the NP thread, and if he´s playing it again and again because he thinks the score is cool and he finds something new with each listening, then why is it wrong to tell us that?