• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    I blame his ear infection. No sane person could ever think Hancock is better than those three largely superior scores.

It's not, but the action writing is. I think we just need to face the fact that we'll probably never get another "Hog Chase" cue. sad

confused
    Come on Anthony, you are too pessimistic regarding Powell lately. As if he was 90 years old! He is 45 yo mate, he has plenty of time to write 20 "Hog Chases"!

I'm waiting. slant

And X-Men >>> sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sure you've not had this ear infection your whole life? Sure seems like it! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    I blame his ear infection. No sane person could ever think Hancock is better than those three largely superior scores.

It's not, but the action writing is. I think we just need to face the fact that we'll probably never get another "Hog Chase" cue. sad

confused
    Come on Anthony, you are too pessimistic regarding Powell lately. As if he was 90 years old! He is 45 yo mate, he has plenty of time to write 20 "Hog Chases"!

I'm waiting. slant

haha...patience my friend, patience....you can´t expect every work from Powell to be superior to the previous one, or that he reinvents himself everytime. No composer can do that (or artist, or whoever). I´d bet anything he´ll keep doing great works in the future, and we´ll be talking about another "Hog Chase" quite soon.

Anthony wrote
    And X-Men >>> sleep

sleep ??!! Damn, Powell should have added a cuople choirs more and another brass section. And more anvils! wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    ...also, I just listened to 'Why So Serious?' from The Dark Knight. God it's awful!

no, it's interesting.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    ...also, I just listened to 'Why So Serious?' from The Dark Knight. God it's awful!

Look whose complaining now. tongue

But I won't be surprised if it's not all that good. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

no, it's interesting.

biggrin

Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Look whose complaining now. tongue

Yeah, but at least I didn't say: "I just listened to 'Why So Serious?' from The Dark Knight. God it's awful! Zimmer and JNH aren't my favourite composers anymore because of this disappointing score. Oh, and Powell sucks."

moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote

BTW nice user pic, Miya! I love that and the following scenes from TLK biggrin

No, it's not. I prefer an image of Miya instead.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

no, it's interesting.

I agree. Reminds me of BHD, which i absolutely adore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah, having Miya's real pic itself would be nice (I'll put up mine when my scanner is fixed...), but that does not make the current image bad IMO. I was just commenting on the image itself biggrin

NP: Mulan - Jerry Goldsmith

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Miya wrote
    NP: Lilo & Stitch - Alan Silvestri
    But official release is weird. The first score track is from the last scene, the last track is from the opening scene...

And the bad guy motif comes directly from Eraser... craziness!!!
    -Erik-

NP: Amazon clips from Eraser - Alan Silvestri
    Yeah it sounds similar biggrin Maybe director Chris Sanders (he said he's a big fan of Silvestri) asked Alan "Gimme somethnig like Eraser, please?" wink

Now that I'm listening to both closely, I notice that too. Initially I had just taken it for typical Silvestri style stuff tongue

No it's NOT! I wanna see the person posting not a pic from The Lion King. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I was sleepy and wanted to study, i made a cup of cold coffee and put in THE DARK KNIGHT to help me; big mistake, after 15 minutezzzz of Dark Knight i was ready to go to bed!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    I was sleepy and wanted to study, i made a cup of cold coffee and put in THE DARK KNIGHT to help me; big mistake, after 15 minutezzzz of Dark Knight i was ready to go to bed!

I give in. I must see what this is like.

*goes and listens to TDN*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Hellboy 2

Enjoyable!!!

3 stars out of five.

It IS fun certainly and in many places, even great but theremin and the trademarked Elfman female choir and vocals? Boo-hooo i want Beltrami! sad

I really don't like Elfman & choirs, I'm probably in a small minority who don't like Eward Scissorhands, but Mel thinks it's great so whadda I know? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote

That's why my temporary (till I scan my own) pic is custom photoshopped a bit cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I hadn't read far enough to notice you wrote more or less exactly the same thing D, great minds and all that beer

If people won't put a pic of themself I'd rather see it blank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I really don't like Elfman & choirs...

But I'd already booked us tickets to go see a recital of Handel's Messiah? sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's why my temporary (till I scan my own) pic is custom photoshopped a bit cheesy

Fair nuff Ravi cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I really don't like Elfman & choirs...

But I'd already booked us tickets to go see a recital of Handel's Messiah? sad

Hah!

YOU know EXACTLY what I mean! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Enjoyable!!!

3 stars out of five.

It IS fun certainly and in many places, even great but theremin and the trademarked Elfman female choir and vocals? Boo-hooo i want Beltrami! sad

I really don't like Elfman & choirs, I'm probably in a small minority who don't like Eward Scissorhands, but Mel thinks it's great so whadda I know? dizzy

I can safely say i almost hate Edward Scissorhands and same goes for Nightmare before Christmas so, there;
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Enjoyable!!!

3 stars out of five.

I can safely say i almost hate Edward Scissorhands and same goes for Nightmare before Christmas so, there;

What is wrong with you people? Those are two of Elfman's very best. Scissorhands is the perfect fairytale score and Nightmare's songs are an absolute hoot. And Elfman's score is just... WOW! Listen to that End Credit suite and tell me that you don't love it?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Enjoyable!!!

3 stars out of five.

Yu iz mi friend beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Yu iz mi friend beer

Oh hai! wave biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jebus bless teh Ceiling cat
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

We should all bless teh Ceiling cat, I for one do not want to be subject to His wrath.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LEGEND OF THE LONE RANGER - John Barry

A very short score but it never outstays it's very charming welcome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

We should all bless teh Ceiling cat, I for one do not want to be subject to His wrath.

OR the wrath of his enemies
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Hancock (John Powell)
    Ok, all afternoon at the beach was the perfect background to give this one another chance. And it has grown on me after several listenings. The weakest Powell this year, I haven´t changed my mind about this, but much more enjoyable than after my first listen. The last five cues are really very good, ending in the climatic "Death and Transfiguration" - "The Moon And The Superhero". So it has become, IMO, a * * * one.
    Oh and Anthony, you were right about "Hollywood Blvd" wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I still don't see how Jumper can be BETTER than Hancock?! dizzy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Anthony wrote

Same here, it's miles better IMO. I really don't think Hancock is as bad as everyone is saying, even the early/middle portions of the album. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    LSH wrote
    Anthony wrote

Same here, it's miles better IMO. I really don't think Hancock is as bad as everyone is saying, even the early/middle portions of the album. confused

I don't think it's bad, but on the flipside it's no way near as good as some make it out to be. It's a very average Powell score with a couple of good cues. (One of which I put into a "Heroic" playlist, I quite like that last track of the album.)