• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sorry, can't help. But it looks like you may have to download some software in order to do it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    I can do it using Quicktime on my Mac. As for PC... not sure. Just Google it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. A quick search came up with this:

http://camstudio.org/

Don't know if it will do what you want Thor.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    A quick search came up with this:

http://camstudio.org/

Don't know if it will do what you want Thor.

Thanks for that, Gilles. I may have this sorted out through other means, but that is a great alternative!

Cheers! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Don't thank me, thank the programmer. I'm just the messenger. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012
    Btw, anyone know how I can make a video for youtube? It used to be very simple, as the Windows Media Player in Windows Vista was very simple to use. I could simply drag mp3 files and pictures into the program and it could easily be lined up, so I could make a video like this-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HoJZSra … I7dxEUkufA

I since got Windows 7 and it has Windows Live Video Maker, which apparently is a huge downgrade. I can't drag mp3 files into it, so I haven't the faintest idea on how to use it.

I really just want an easy program to use. I don't want anything fancy, as fancy usually means fantastically-over-complicated.

Peter smile
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    aVast! will do very nicely. Inobtrusive, low impact, no frills.

Martijn, have you any experience with Avira (free version)?

Got fed up with Avira as my antivirus software and switched to Avast. I like the simple interface of Avast.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    I've been exploring Wordpress over the past couple of days and am at the point where I am considering whether to switch to it full time for the Giacchino site.

Can you let me know what you think as at the end of the day you and people like you are the ones who will use it.

This is a very, very rough template I've been playing around with and there is isn't much content on there, but it should be enough to give you and idea of what I'm trying to do.

http://michaelgiacchinomusic.com/wordpress/

Let me know your thoughts! Would this work?
  5. I think that it looks good. The layout is nice and simple. Perhaps you could have a bit more contrast with the text? Maybe it's just me being on a laptop because it doesn't take much of a change of viewing angle for me to find it a bit tricky to read the text easily.
  6. Looking at Anthony's template makes me wish I knew this stuff well enough to use a "premium" template that can be used with WordPress. My own layout is not really ideal for what I want but it will do for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    Can anyone tell me how you do it , that you link a picture here, when you press a certain word.
    I saw it in other comments the word is usually underlined and when I click on it it opens up a new window with a picture the person wanted us to see.
    Do you know what I mean? Sorry
    Ute
  7. 1. First you type your word

2. You highlight that word, then choose URL at the top of the reply box.

3. After http:// you put the complete hyperlink starting with the www of the picture, youtube clip, whatever you want to link to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012 edited
    What Gilles said. You can also just copy paste a link to an image in your message. Don't worry about playing around with it a little.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    Great stuff, thanks a lot, will have a try soon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
    Anthony wrote
    I've been exploring Wordpress over the past couple of days and am at the point where I am considering whether to switch to it full time for the Giacchino site.

Can you let me know what you think as at the end of the day you and people like you are the ones who will use it.

This is a very, very rough template I've been playing around with and there is isn't much content on there, but it should be enough to give you and idea of what I'm trying to do.

http://michaelgiacchinomusic.com/wordpress/

Let me know your thoughts! Would this work?

Good stuff, my lad!
    It's clean, clear and with all the right versatility and functionality.

Having prepared the odd WP site myself, I really like this!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    Anyone know a free program to convert a mov file to an mp3? I don't care whether it's fast or has fancy features. I just don't want it to have spyware, trojans, viruses, toolbars and other crap. I tried searching on download.com, but according to some of the user reviews, many of these freeware programs install this crap even if you untick all the boxes that asks if you want it.

Help me, guys. You're my only hope.

Peter smile
  8. Wouldn't it be the case that, if it wasn't mentioned on download.com, there won't be anything you are after?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012 edited
    It should be relatively simple to rip the audio from a video, so I'm sure there must be thousands of programs out there. It's a bit of a jungle to try to find one without malware though. I get the feeling that many reviews on download.com are actually made by the same people who made the programs, so that's why I could use some recommendations from people I trust.

I'll explore download.com some more though. Perhaps I gave up too quickly.

Peter smile
  9. Do you have quicktime ?

In that case it's very easy... Just open the clip in QT, go to 'File', choose 'Export' and from there you can either extract the video or audio, but the audio only into WAV. But from WAV to MP3 is not a big hassle either.
  10. Is there any big difference (other than specialization) of buying a custom made PC compared to a Dell PC?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Do you have quicktime ?

In that case it's very easy... Just open the clip in QT, go to 'File', choose 'Export' and from there you can either extract the video or audio, but the audio only into WAV. But from WAV to MP3 is not a big hassle either.

I think that only works with QuickTime Pro though, which you have to pay for?
    Alternatively you could just play the clip in QuickTime (which is free) and capture the sound through the (built in) windows sound recorder.

However that will only save to Windows proprietary WMA format.

Alternatively you can use Audacity, which is free and extremely modifiable.

You'll probably need a few minutes to familarise yourself with its settings, but then it'll records and modify anything you throw at it. It won't directly convert MOV to WAV (I think!), but it will capture any output sound and convert it to whatever you like.

KevinSmith wrote
    Is there any big difference (other than specialization) of buying a custom made PC compared to a Dell PC?

The difference is in your own requirements.
    Dell uses their own hardware suppliers, so you won't be able to modify anything by supplier (so if you'd want, say, an ASUS motherboard, you ain't gonna get it). Of course that makes them (relatively) cheap to deal with, which is an advantage against a custom-built machine.

So it's all up to your own considerations as to how deeply you want to be able to control and define components.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012
    http://www.converterlite.com/

I use it to convert wave to MP3 or Flac to wave.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012
    Has anyone experience with breaking down one huge flac file into the individual tracks?
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    Thanks guys!

Indeed, as Martijn says, one has to use Quicktime pro to convert from mov to mp3. I have the regular Quicktime.

Good advice Martijn, about recording with Audacity, as I have that program, but it never occured to me. I ended up with Tom's recommendation though. ConverterLite seems very good and simple (I love when programs are simple), though one had to be a little careful to untick the right boxes when installing it.

Thanks Tom! beer

Peter smile
  11. plindboe wrote
    ConverterLite seems very good and simple (I love when programs are simple), though one had to be a little careful to untick the right boxes when installing it.

Peter smile

Yes, like the programs where you're not careful it installs a totally new web browser or some crap like that. I hate when that happens.

Didn't know about Quicktime Pro being needed to convert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Although I was able to solve my problem I still can't do what I need my computer to do. The problem lies within Roxio 11. I can convert and track list but it won't copy to CD. When I transfer the file on a memory stick to my older computer that has Roxio and uses XP it copies. While I can do what I need to do it requires two computers, yikes.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Tom, are you trying to burn an audio CD from the FLAC, or just a data CD? If the former, I'd convert the FLAC to .wav first, with Audacity or whatever other audio editor you use. Convert it to 16bit/44.1khz sample rate, which is what audio cds are...better to have audio software to do the conversion than cd burning software. I've found some cd burning software doesn't do very well if you give it 24bit audio files (because it has to convert them to 16bit anyway). I've not used Roxio in the past, but pre-formatting the audio might help.

If you're just burning a data cd, that's very odd and I have no idea what the problem might be :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    plindboe wrote
    ConverterLite seems very good and simple (I love when programs are simple), though one had to be a little careful to untick the right boxes when installing it.

Peter smile

Yes, like the programs where you're not careful it installs a totally new web browser or some crap like that. I hate when that happens.

Indeed, or new toolbars. And they always present it like it's a thing you can't be without.

On ConverterLite's webpage they did freely admit that since their program is freeware, they had to make money somehow, and that stupid toolbar was one way to do it. One could deselect it during the installation though, and they even provided guidelines to remove the toolbar if one had installed it by mistake. So at least they were upfront with the malware, and I can respect that.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    JoshL wrote
    Tom, are you trying to burn an audio CD from the FLAC, or just a data CD? If the former, I'd convert the FLAC to .wav first, with Audacity or whatever other audio editor you use. Convert it to 16bit/44.1khz sample rate, which is what audio cds are...better to have audio software to do the conversion than cd burning software. I've found some cd burning software doesn't do very well if you give it 24bit audio files (because it has to convert them to 16bit anyway). I've not used Roxio in the past, but pre-formatting the audio might help.

If you're just burning a data cd, that's very odd and I have no idea what the problem might be :/

Computers aren't user friendly at all. In a way I'm faced with a huge disadvantage in that I know a little so all my friends come to me as the computer expert. The Roxio and Nero won't co-exist on the same computer. I guess for now I live with what I have. I spent 8 hours trying to figure it out.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The other freeware program available to try is cue tools. http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download
    This was also rather simple and easy to avoid the freeware.
    Tom