• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    What on Earth is wrong with bombast? confused
    We get far too little of that these days, so if it's repeated all the better!
    I'm getting this score!punk

I love bombast. But I fear each time I say that, Demetris reads it as "I ONLY love bombast." biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, i stopped doing that smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Aw, you're no fun. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    Repetitive bombast....ugh, the ultimate definition of Hell.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … bours.html

Between his neighbors, and labels who say he refuses to cooperate and let his scores be released, it looks like he's just'a pissin' everybody off. tongue moon
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … bours.html

Between his neighbors, and labels who say he refuses to cooperate and let his scores be released, it looks like he's just'a pissin' everybody off. tongue moon

at least he does something to save this goddamn awful planet slant
    ah well, you can't please everybody
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    'Goddamn awful' planet? uhm

Also, the planet is fine. The planet couldn't care less what we do... it's us that needs saving, in terms of global warming. wink
  3. Steven wrote
    'Goddamn awful' planet? uhm

Also, the planet is fine. The planet couldn't care less what we do... it's us that needs saving, in terms of global warming. wink

yep, you summed it up better, it's not the planet, it's us shame
    we're not worthy of such a vast lovely habitat

we're destroying it and we blame others for not saving it, in the almighty words of Wayne: "WE'RE NOT WORTHY"
  4. Shoot, we miss that particular emoticon here, you know the one, the 'We're Not Worthy' one.

Bregt, you think we're worthy to have that one?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    we're destroying it and we blame others for not saving it

uhm Others? alien alien
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    we're destroying it and we blame others for not saving it

uhm Others? alien alien

hehe, you know what I mean wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    I'm listening to the re-recording of Last of the Mohicans but I really think I prefer the original.
    I've said that before, haven't I? I wanted to give it another try, but no, I'll listen to the original instead.
    It sounds good, but the emotion is gone.
  6. The re-recording is fine with me, but I don't really have a choice, I don't own the other one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    I'm listening to the re-recording of Last of the Mohicans but I really think I prefer the original.
    I've said that before, haven't I? I wanted to give it another try, but no, I'll listen to the original instead.

Nothing beats the original. It seems more immediate somehow; also better incorporation of electronics, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Bregje wrote

Would it change my opinion if I didn't really like the score to begin with?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    Bregje wrote

Would it change my opinion if I didn't really like the score to begin with?

Probably not.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Funny, but I usually prefer the Varese re-recording over the original. I find the original a bit too harsh to listen to and I think that the re-recording sounds much more romantic.

Whichever version it is, I always just listen to the Trevor Jones tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Wich realease of The last Mohicans Do I have to listen?

The 1992 or the re-recording?

thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The rerecording features Jones' music almost exclusively, while the original recording is 50-50 Jones and Edelman. I greatly prefer the original recording, as it sounds -to me- a bit more edgy than the more polished rerecording. It helps of course that I also really like Edelman's contribution (although Jones' theme is by far the best thing in the score).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    What the man said. Jones is da man but Edelman's effort is worthy and listenable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I like the rerecording: it's got a more broad/'symphonic' sound; and it's got a better playing order for the listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    The rerecording features Jones' music almost exclusively, while the original recording is 50-50 Jones and Edelman. I greatly prefer the original recording, as it sounds -to me- a bit more edgy than the more polished rerecording. It helps of course that I also really like Edelman's contribution (although Jones' theme is by far the best thing in the score).

I like the Edelman stuff too. Good to see that there are others.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Anyone familiar with and can comment on his 1997 score for Ridley Scott, "G.I.JANE"?

thanks
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone familiar with and can comment on his 1997 score for Ridley Scott, "G.I.JANE"?

thanks

Very Hans Zimmer/RC/MV like.

http://users.telenet.be/soundtrack-fm/R … i_jane.htm
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  9. I've heard a rumor that Zimmer even wrote the main theme, but it was never confirmed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

thanks

Very unlikeable IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks. Was it ever released?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    Just 3 tracks on a song oriented release.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Jane-Original … amp;sr=1-1

There are several good quality boots, though.
  10. I have that long bootleg -- the score is very lack-luster and meandering. It's a skipper.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. Pretty much. So is the movie, actually. If there is a Ridley Scott movie I actually regret seeing, it's G. I. Jane. Though, I've heard that his ending idea didn't pass through producers, even if the test audiences actually preferred Ridley's idea.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website