• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone familiar with and can comment on his 1997 score for Ridley Scott, "G.I.JANE"?

thanks

I believe Thor is a passionate fan of the film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone familiar with and can comment on his 1997 score for Ridley Scott, "G.I.JANE"?

thanks

I believe Thor is a passionate fan of the film.

He, he...no, not really. Only passionate Scott fan. I recognize the film's flaws, but still think it's mightily entertaining and perhaps the most overt of Scott's "feminist" films. It also has some smokin' visuals, which can be enjoyed in their own right. Can't remember much of the music, though, other than that it was very Zimmer-ish, as previously noted.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. BobdH wrote
    Just 3 tracks on a song oriented release.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Jane-Original … amp;sr=1-1

There are several good quality boots, though.

I like GI Jane a lot, powerful anthems with the melodic touch of Jones. The shorter 20 minute album is a good listen though and has all the best music. And it's all nicely edited into two long suites.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    It'S Zimmer copy-paste smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Who cares if one cares for (early) Zimmer...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2010
    I want to buy the Cliffhanger score, but a quick search on Amazon revealed two different results. This one has 18 tracks, but this one is much cheaper (but with no info). Are there different releases of the score, or can I safely buy the cheap one? smile
  4. As far as I know there has only been one release of Cliffhanger - all of them with 18 tracks. Maybe the cheap one is a particularly worn, used CD?

I would think that that actual music is the same but that the quality of the disc and/or booklet is not so great.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010
    Yeah, there's always the risk of bying a scratched copy, but my experience is that the condition normally is what the seller says it is. Have bought many used (and cheap) cd's at Amazon Marketplace, none of them in a bad condition. So I'm gonna try the cheap one. Thanks! smile
  5. Let me know how it goes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Nate and Hayes - anyone?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2011
    I liked it. I think I even reviewed it.
  7. Southall wrote
    I liked it. I think I even reviewed it.

I know, I read it. I was just covering my bases.
  8. THIS WAS JUST A TEST!

Had this been a thread resurrection for a new assignment for Trevor Jones, hell would have frozen over.

THIS WAS JUST A TEST

tongue

Okay, now seriousness; a few times over the years I;ve mentioned the absolutely beautiful cue he did for "The Mighty", "My Noble Knight". There's only a short sample at this site, and I imagine a number of folks here don't have the score. Someone put the whole cue up (padding it with another cue from the score); it's a little long, over eight minutes, but it's completely worth your time:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hahn333#p/u/9/p0lt6L7FrXw

You'll have to turn the volume up quite a bit, since it starts out very quite, and stays that way for a while.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. The Mighty is one of the best I've heard from Trevor Jones. Love that score with its delicate and often stunning writing.

Anyone want to cry their eyes out listen to 'My Noble Knight'. Plus the song co-written by Sting and Jones is delightful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sting? STING!??? I hate STING.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. I fixed your statement:

Bee sting? BEE STING!??? I hate BEE STINGS.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I once had sex with Sting for 125 hours, without a break.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Top Gear hasn't been the same since Sting was unmasked as that racing driver nobody had heard of.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I once had sex with Sting for 125 hours, without a break.

Only 125 hours?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Top Gear hasn't been the same since Sting was unmasked as that racing driver nobody had heard of.

biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Is Trevor Jones the last of the mohicans?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cristian wrote
    Is Trevor Jones the last of the mohicans?

No, just the best of them.
  11. Wow, I didn't even know he was Mohican.

If, Cristian, you are asking if he composed that score then the answer is yes, in part (the good part).
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    christopher wrote
    Wow, I didn't even know he was Mohican.

If, Cristian, you are asking if he composed that score then the answer is yes, in part (the good part).

wink
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    New release of Cliffhanger out from Intrada.
  12. Excellent artwork!

But I never liked the score much, apart from that glorious theme, so a 2-disc release is something I will skip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/t … vor-jones/

A fairly new release from La-La Land
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
  13. A video game from a few years ago.
  14. It's a bit too synthy for my tastes. I very rarely play it.