• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    This week I've got this one particular piece of music from a mythological TV programme here

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1899333234e9a0f4/

Anyone can recommend me any similar scores? smile biggrin

That's nice! What programme is it from?
  1. IMDB has started adding TV shows and movies to watch. I have been going threw "Dynasty" to add the composers to IMDB for each episode (since only one was credited) and that darn Bill Conti theme is nothing short of catchy goodness. Damnit. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008
    The Il Figlio e La Nostalgia theme from Morricone's Il Principe del Deserto. Fantastic opening. The standard, haunting vocals (is it Edda Dell'Orso?) opens the cue and then a lovely piano section comes in. And that gives way to gorgeous strings that soar. Moltissimo meltissimo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    This week I've got this one particular piece of music from a mythological TV programme here

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1899333234e9a0f4/

Anyone can recommend me any similar scores? smile biggrin

That's nice! What programme is it from?

"Jai Hanuman" directed by Sanjay Khan.
  2. I've got part of the "Overture" from El Cid stuck in my head at the moment. Specifically, the section beginning at 1:19 on the Tadlow re-recording featuring the spritely string work. Not that I'm complaining, because it's wonderful music (as is the entire score).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    I have a crappy but extremely catchy pop tune spinning in my head......Time to exorcise it methinks!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Not Achy Breaky Heart Again!? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I have a theme from "Banjo-Kazooie", the N64 video game, stuck in my head. Brilliant, brilliant score.

I recently came off a "Chicken Run" and "Cry, the Beloved Country" binge. Not that I'm complaining having those stuck in my head, but I'm glad for the change.

J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Not Achy Breaky Heart Again!? slant

Nope! It's thankfully something I don't remember now.

And Lee, CHEERS mate for bringing up Billy-friggin-Ray-friggin-Cyrus again! slant

making me feel like i wanna do a achy breaky head sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    I now have "The Chariot Race" from The Prince of Egypt stuck in head. It'll pass.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  3. Just as I opened this thread my wife, quite unaware of what I'm doing, told me she had "The Age of Aqaurius" stuck in her head. But that line is pretty much all she knows, so that's what she's got going on a loop, I guess smile

I've had "Cinderella Man" (the track) stuck in my head tonight. That's some fine Newman writing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hehe, that annoys me the most: when I have a song in my head I only know one line of!
    Of course when I sing that line out loud all the time I annoy everyone else as well.
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Hehe, that annoys me the most: when I have a song in my head I only know one line of!
    Of course when I sing that line out loud all the time I annoy everyone else as well.
    wink

Yeap! When it loops and you just can't get to the next line and it loops again.....and again... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Heh, this reminds me of something funny. My hubby found some James Blunt tracks on the internet. He said to me 'Have you ever noticed that this guy sings the same lines over and over again?'
    I said no, so we listened to the disc in the car. We kept thinking, man, why did we never hear this before, these songs are stupid! Only three or four lines and he keeps repeating them!

Then after a while we figured it was too stupid to be true so while listening to the rest of the tracks we noticed someone had edited the tracks (very nicely though!) so that it's just one to three different lines over and over again. It's hilarious. But we completely fell for it at first!
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The Kraken from PoTC 2 DMC stuck in my head today!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Heh, this reminds me of something funny. My hubby found some James Blunt tracks on the internet. He said to me 'Have you ever noticed that this guy sings the same lines over and over again?'
    I said no, so we listened to the disc in the car. We kept thinking, man, why did we never hear this before, these songs are stupid! Only three or four lines and he keeps repeating them!

Then after a while we figured it was too stupid to be true so while listening to the rest of the tracks we noticed someone had edited the tracks (very nicely though!) so that it's just one to three different lines over and over again. It's hilarious. But we completely fell for it at first!
    biggrin

James Blunt....isn't that an appropriate cockney rhyming slang wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol

Excellent!
    applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Oh yeah biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    DemonStar wrote
    The Kraken from PoTC 2 DMC stuck in my head today!!

Some of the finest writing of the last decade, that! Possibly my favourite track of the whole trilogy.

Me, I've got The Guns of Navarone in mind now. Maybe it helps I've just finished listening to it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Barry Gray's THUNDERBIRDS punk
  5. Timmer wrote

FIVE!...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Today I have a one of John Scott's Cousteau themes stuck in there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

FIVE!...

FOUR!.... ( little boys never grow up wink )

I have Schifrin's THE FOUR MUSKETEERS going around my head.....but that's because the film is on TV right now.
  6. I've had the main theme from Trevor Jones' Fields of Freedom running 'round my head all day...which isn't a bad thing. It's a great theme.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Exactly; i fell in love with almost 3/4 of Jones' themes after Soncinemad 06, to tell you the truth wink Fields of freedom is one of the best.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

FIVE!...

FOUR!....

THRRRREEEEE!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's in my head though is James Newton Howard's theme for Harvey Dent from Dark Knight.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ONE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like that one too. It's in my "Steven Elfman - Heroes" playlist, along with a lot of Christopher Gordon music. biggrin (He's my new hero.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk What other heroes does your list include?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.