• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009 edited
    I have one of the coolest little Alan Silvestri themes stuck in my head after my iPod played it for me yesterday in the car. It's a short one and half minute piece from Cop And A Half which is on Silvestri's Selected Themes promo. What a delightful, bouncy, feel good tune!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. the main theme of Beyond Good and Evil, very good main theme by Christophe Heral punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am going with you it seems as THE DARK KNIGHT is one my most frequently-played modern scores.

shocked confused dizzy tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The serene theme from Copland's Clarinet Concerto.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Jerusalem Horse Ride from Assassin's Creed.
    Absolutely fantastic. One of the most memorable game music cues I've heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    Buckbeak's Flight from HP and the Prisoner Of Azkaban. A lovely, soaring theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am going with you it seems as THE DARK KNIGHT is one my most frequently-played modern scores.

shocked confused dizzy tongue

Is it that surprising?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, I didn't expect that from Demetris, somehow. dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009 edited
    Oh-a oh stuff from The Buggles's Video Killed The Radio Star is annoyingly stuck in my head right now... crazy

Because I was listening to this old radio show featuring James L. Brooks & Hans Zimmer at lunchtime today... It's a good interview but the selection of music is funny! biggrin

The Simpsons song by Michel Jackson (!?) played on that show is occasionally popping up in my head, too dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    Well Hans does play the keyboard in that video.. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Video Killed The Radio Star

It was bad then and it's bad now ( and just bad / bad not good / bad ) vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Anthony wrote

Just out of curiosity I just watched the whole video on YouTube... uh, I don't know what to say. It's hardly watchable for me! dizzy I usually don't listen to pop music whether it's old or new, and don't watch any music videos too. So I don't know if it's unusual to make such weird stuff for music videos? But now I understand what the "MTV! MTV!" scene on Robin Williams' TOYS was meant... biggrin

The song itself is annoyingly infectious, anyway slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Me wrote
    I usually don't listen to pop music whether it's old or new, and don't watch any music videos too.

Except music videos on Disney DVDs, of course. I like Phil Collins video of Look Through My Eyes (Brother Bear) biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Are you kidding? I love that song. It's God awful but hilarious to listen to. Plus it made it into GTA Vice City, so it can't be ALL bad.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Are you kidding? I love that song. It's God awful but hilarious to listen to. Plus it made it into GTA Vice City, so it can't be ALL bad.

It's worse than bad it's NASTY!!!

I remember this when it was released and had to listen to it for weeks on end on the radio where I was working ( co-workers only played Radio 1 ) in a job I hated. I don't blame the job experience on disliking the song, there are plenty of great pop tunes from 1979 I love.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    It was a big mistake watching that video before I go to bed... now the whole song is stuck in my head. And scarily I started liking the song... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    It was a big mistake watching that video before I go to bed... now the whole song is stuck in my head. And scarily I started liking the song... dizzy

It's not too late Miya, fix yourself with some GOOD music....Hisaishi or something, anything save that atrocity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Yeah actually I just finished Ponyo song, which is also addictive! biggrin And now I'm listening to one of the Hisaishi's piano album. Good listen for bedtime. sleep wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    Yeah actually I just finished Ponyo song, which is also addictive! biggrin And now I'm listening to one of the Hisaishi's piano album. Good listen for bedtime. sleep wave

"phew" Saved! smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Mostly today its been The Parachutes by Jerry Goldsmith from Air Force One.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  2. Great piece indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Miya wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just out of curiosity I just watched the whole video on YouTube... uh, I don't know what to say. It's hardly watchable for me! dizzy I usually don't listen to pop music whether it's old or new, and don't watch any music videos too. So I don't know if it's unusual to make such weird stuff for music videos? But now I understand what the "MTV! MTV!" scene on Robin Williams' TOYS was meant... biggrin

The song itself is annoyingly infectious, anyway slant

come on, it's sooooo cool, you just hear his filmscore melodies then, when he takes center stage in the middle of the song

This is a song that defies the 80's sound punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HORIZON VARIATIONS by Max Richter. shocked love
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Is his "Blue Notebooks" CD a non-film selection?

Have you heard Richter's Henry May Long? From what I've heard it sounds quite melancholic.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Have you heard Richter's Henry May Long? From what I've heard it sounds quite melancholic.

Max who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Chevaliers De Sangreal from Da Vinci Code.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, i haven't heard it yet, have you? I'd be very interested to hear opinions as all the music i've heard from Max Richter is quite impressive and very close to my tastes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, i haven't heard it yet, have you? I'd be very interested to hear opinions as all the music i've heard from Max Richter is quite impressive and very close to my tastes.

Max who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Max who?

Steiner
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn