• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "John Carter of Mars"
    Tarum Prajapat
    Source: his website; entry since removed, and the sound clips too, but here is the original message:

Hi everyone, first of i'd like to say that i'm glad a site like this exists, a great idea
    Anyways, I'm just a dude from London who recently broke into music production bout 5 months ago and
    am glad to say that i hav already been accepted as a hollywood music producer...well almost.
    My name is Tarun Prajapat and i started making music on my pc years ago when a friend noticed my talent and introduced me to his distant cousin who happens to be the composer behind the Heroes tv show and other great projects. Since then i have been collaborating with him and my first attempt at scoring for a song is gonna be making the next Pixar movie 'John carter of Mars' and since then i've been granted another contract to co-compose the soundtrack for another film! woohoo!

I listened to a couple of his cues (only stopped because I am abotu to head out the door), but I thought it was fresh and liked it. I hope he DOES do the thing and doesnt' get shoved out for announcing too early!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    Sounds like he's only helping out on a song in the movie to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I imagine (and hope) they'll attempt to get Thomas Newman back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Talking of whom, where is he lately?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I know he has Jim Sheridan's Brothers coming up. There was also the news of him doing the next Nanny McPhee movie I seem to remember.
  2. "Cabin In the Woods"
    Anthony Marinelli
    Source: none provided yet; still trying to confirm this myself.

Disappointed. Was hoping David Newman would be back.

(EDIT: not saying there is anything wrong with Marinelli [never given the samples on his site a full go])
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "The Extra Man"
    Klaus Badelt

"Magic Silver"
    Magnus Beite
    Source for both: website of the orchestra who recorded them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    "The Extra Man"
    Klaus Badelt

"Magic Silver"
    Magnus Beite
    Source for both: website of the orchestra who recorded them.

Magnus is actually an acquaintance of mine. I met him in a wedding just a short time ago. He is actually the step brother of the wife of one of my best friends.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. 'The Organisation of Dreams"
    Michael Nyman
    Source: director has a YouTube account. Contacted him a few months ago to inquire, having enjoyed some Nyman stuff myself and always being curious. Tought I wouldn't get a response, but suddenly one popped up today.
  5. "Memories of Anne Frank" (recorded)
    Ennio Morricone
    Source: Forum Music Village -- an overseas recording studio that has recorded a lot of scores. Reported on their "News" page. they also recorded that piece Morricone did for the car commercial not too long ago.
  6. Wow, that sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about this project.
  7. "Flight 284"
    Tim Williams (who works for Tyler Bates sometimes, but as you can hear on his site -- he's not Tyler Bates. Thankfully)
    Source: none provided. Same director he's worked with before.

"Braincell"
    Marco Werba & Herman Witkam
    Source: Witkam's website.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    "Rio"
    John Powell
    None, but it's a Carlos Saldanha/Blue Sky movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    "Rio"
    John Powell
    None, but it's a Carlos Saldanha/Blue Sky movie.

Another animation movie!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Just got in from seeing Triangle!

Great Movie - Fantastic Score! Christian Henson and Dot Allison deserve some acknowledgement when awards season comes round!

her new work's pretty great too - www.myspace.com/dotallison
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Triangle what?

Oh, and welcome James beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Beastly
    Marcelo Zarvos
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152398/
    Source: GSA

Kick-Ass
    Marius De Vries
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250777/
    Source: GSA (I'm trying to find out if Ilan Eshkeri is still involved, wouldn't surprise me if he isn't)

Extraordinary Measures
    Andrea Guerra
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1244659/
    Source: Non provided

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
    David Newman
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231580/
    Source: Non provided
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The Squeakquel? vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Squeakquel? vomit

I'm with you. Great composer....such crap assignments.
  10. Well, "Kick-Ass" ws on his agency's site, DNA Music, as close as September 8. They've obviously removed it, so I would say that IMDB is likely accurate.

EDIT:

Oh, and GSA is reporting that Newman assignement.
  11. "Smokin Aces Blowback"
    Tim Jones
    Source: Mad 4 Music site (music editors)
  12. Confirmed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf32_KRC … r_embedded

8:48 in: Music by Normand Corbeil

That solves the "V" pilot, unless there is a last minute change.
  13. After ten+ years of absense from scoring anything:

"Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll"
    Chaz Jankel
    Source: LMO orchestra is website
    http://www.lmo.co.uk/sex-and-drugs-and- … az-jankel/
  14. "Les Miserables" (2010)
    Gabriel Yared
    Source: couldn't find any. Only mention is on SoundtrackCollector.com. Maybe second time lucky? Maybe re-use material from his rejected 1998 score from a film with the same name? Either way, I predict a terrific score coming.
  15. "Perrier's Bounty" (recorded)
    David Holmes
    Source: non provided
  16. "Red Tails" (WW2 Tuskegee Airmen drama)
    Terence Blanchard
    Source: Blanchard's official website, and an interview where he says so.

"Nonames"
    Takeshi Furukawa
    Source: movie's official blog, where they state they've hired him to do the score, replacing temp music by Thomas Newman (hopefully giving us an idea of what kind of score they are wanting).

"Gladiator A.D." (video game)
    John Beal
    Source: interview where the maker's state it, based on his work for "Rome".
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    John Beal

That would be Jeff Beal.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    That wouldn't make me unhappy!
    I really enjoyed his Rome score!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  17. moviescore wrote
    John Beal

That would be Jeff Beal.

mc

isn't John Beal the trailer composer guy?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh