• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
    Hi Peter, nice to meet you !!!! ...Pawel: There were Indian users as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I sense a disturbance in the force.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011 edited
    Kri1985 wrote

England & Greece added. cool

Yes, there were two Indian posters here, one of whom was a troll and is best left forgotten but there was also Ravi ( Demonstar ) who is a helluva lovely guy, I think he'll still be posting occassionally, he's also a MASSIVE fan of THE LION KING* score so I'm sure that immediately puts him in your good book wink

*I believe he still has a petition going to have the complete score released.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I sense a disturbance in the force.

No worries D, "it" whose name shall not be mentioned was not mentioned. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011 edited
    Not talking about that one my friend wink beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not talking about that one my friend wink beer

*phew!*
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Kri1985 wrote

England & Greece added. cool

Yes, there were two Indian posters here, one of whom was a troll and is best left forgotten but there was also Ravi ( Demonstar ) who is a helluva lovely guy, I think he'll still be posting occassionally, he's also a MASSIVE fan of THE LION KING* score so I'm sure that immediately puts him in your good book wink

*I believe he still has a petition going to have the complete score released.

THREE Indian guys. There was also Bhelpuri (which I thought was Ravi).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes but he live in the USA.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Welcome Krisztina! Great to have you aboard!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    Hi Omaha!!!;-).......Timmer: What is this sentence mean? XD ..." I sense a disturbance in the force." Nice.....so one Indian guy i will definately like because of the Lion King ;-)
  1. Have you seen Star Wars?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    looooooooooooong time ago.....im not a Star Wars fan;-)
  2. Well hello to Krisztina, nice to have you on board. Hope you enjoy your stay here. And yes, it's good we have more females and female opinions here. Here here
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    Hi Thomas!!!!!i will enjoy im sure;-)
  3. considering MainTitles is the friendliest place here, I'm sure you will smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    considering MainTitles is the friendliest place here, I'm sure you will smile

Maintitles gang agree:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … cheers.mov
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    considering MainTitles is the friendliest place here, I'm sure you will smile

Maintitles gang agree:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … cheers.mov

haha, excellent. Good times beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
    Of course :-).........Im happy this board is not like FSM or Filmtracks...i would never join to those sites.....sometimes i read them for fun but even like that its rather annoying me with always the same boring discussions against certain composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Kri1985 wrote
    looooooooooooong time ago.....im not a Star Wars fan;-)

Oh nooooooo! sad

Now it can never work out between us!
    wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    ahaha XD i guess im the only one here who doesn't like Star Wars!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kri1985 wrote
    Of course :-).........Im happy this board is not like FSM or Filmtracks...i would never join to those sites.....sometimes i read them for fun but even like that its rather annoying me with always the same boring discussions against certain composers.

It can feel like that here too, continual Hans Zimmer related topics can get tedious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011 edited
    Kri1985 wrote

I've started to enjoy Filmtracks more than in the past. I like to read the now playing threads for example; they are often detailed and interesting to read.

The people there do have tendencies to overreact though. Doesn't take much for major emotional outbursts. While there are many good people there, this place is friendlier and much much funnier, and I find that Filmtracks revolves too much around the reviewer, while here on MT the actual community is the main focus.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    Yes i agree Peter! But i really dont have energy to waste on filmtracks... when im reading it most of the posts like an energy-hoover for me because i dont like when people are bashing and mocking composers the way people are doing there. Its fine to dislike a score but filmtracks is pretentious. Of course im sure there are nice people there too just i dont have the patience to search for 3 nice among hundreds of ..lets say crap. Of course this is only my personal point of view.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I can certainly understand that. I look up to all film composers and I don't really get why so many people want to bash them. Even if Horner might borrow here and there, and have a bit of an attitude in some of his interviews, he's still a wonderful composer who deserves much praise. And even if Zimmer uses co-composers for many of his albums, he's still a fantastic and innovative composer who've started a whole industry of interesting composers.

Fortunately, in my estimation, Filmtracks have gotten alot better and more positive over the last few years. I don't notice that much bashing there anymore, but I mostly notice alot of positive and passionate post and threads. FSM is still the worst in the bashing department.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's a good attitude, plindboe! I try to do the same thing, even though one shouldn't abandon critical reasoning altogether.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011
    Like Norwegian composer Fred J Berg said in a portrait documentary made in his honour:

"To compose is to turn your soul inside out and then have it stepped on"

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    That's a good attitude, plindboe! I try to do the same thing, even though one shouldn't abandon critical reasoning altogether.

Agreed!

I tend to judge scores and cues more on an individual level. Even most of the composers I like the least have provided some pieces here and there that I love, and if someone have made music that I love I feel eternally grateful, even if it's just one piece. Even for composers who haven't yet done a single thing I like (like Tyler Bates), I expect that they will some day, as nearly everyone sooner or later creates something good. So even a guy like Tyler Bates I consider a hero. Film music composers rule, end of story.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011 edited
    markrayen wrote
    Like Norwegian composer Fred J Berg said in a portrait documentary made in his honour:

"To compose is to turn your soul inside out and then have it stepped on"

wink

Very good quote. Kinda illuminates the reason why we rarely see composers on film music forums. Must be difficult to have worked so hard for months on a project, with all the intricate details and negotiations with and demands of the director, turning your soul inside out, only to have it criticized and stepped on by random film music fans because they didn't enjoy the album experience.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    well..i agree on everything except Tyler Bates. Especially there are a bunch of talented composers out there who never gets a chance to score a big budget movie like him. And if that is the soul of Tyler Bates what he produces i think he would be enough strong to bear the fact that he does not deserves many time to score big budget movies. Anyway its the producers/directors choice..and i guess most of them give a damn about music, its just a task to do. Not all directors are so "musical".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah What she says.

Simply because someone produces music doesn't make him a hero.
    Hack writers at best are laboureres, who do what they're paid to.
    I had many products I produced in my work publically slammed when they were shit. Not fun, but it certainly didn't make me a hero.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn