• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012
    Wet , wet , wet for the last couple of days ... sad
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012
    I was going to say the usual -- that I'm envious of your rain as opposed to our crazy snow storms. But then again, this is Christmas and I'd rather have the snow -- storm or not -- this time around. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012
    Here in Minnesota we're getting ready for the nasty stuff. Snow and below zero temperatures Fahrenheit.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. We had a bit of a respite from the rain today. But we are expecting get a bit more of the wet stuff over the next few days.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Here in Minnesota we're getting ready for the nasty stuff. Snow and below zero temperatures Fahrenheit.

Try Norway Tom, I hear it's basking in T-shirt and shorts weather.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I heard how nasty it is
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It was indeed very nasty yesterday, but today the Antarctica-style storm has receded, and now the snow is falling gently, like in the movies. It's an amazing winter wonderland here in the South now....perfect timing!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    It's an amazing winter wonderland here in the South now....perfect timing!

Me want!

Here the snow is melting..... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    No snow and a balmy 7 degrees farenheit.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2012
    more snow and it has warmed up to 20 degrees
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013 edited
    Absolutely beautiful day here, blue skies and sunshine, a perfect January the 1st. love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Absolutely beautiful day here, blue skies and sunshine, a perfect January the 1st. love

Apparently it was a beautiful day here too.....except that I never saw it with my own eyes. When I got out of bed, it was already dark again.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013
    sub zero here in Minneapolis
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2013
    Turning out to be a bit pleasant as the snow stopped, the sun came out, and it is about 20 degrees.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2013
    We had sunshine and maybe 25 degrees
    Tom
  2. My phone's Met Office app is telling me that we will be having "light snow" from tonight through to late on Saturday.

I love it when it snows - particularly now that I don't have to drive anywhere to go to work (though the downside is that I can't have the day off because I can't get in to work*) - and am hoping that there will be significant snow falling here over the next few days.

*I suppose I can just decide not to do any work anyway.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013
    we're having snow and 8 degrees
  3. sdtom wrote

And I am sure that your media isn't making a big fuss about it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

And I am sure that your media isn't making a big fuss about it?

applause

Here it is the thickest snow I've seen in Bristol since the early 80's, the rest of my day will be spent eating good food and watching Snooker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Snow here since Monday evening. Hasn't melted because temperatures haven't climbed above zero the past 5 days. Hopefully a new fresh load of snow will be delivered this weekend. Don't take it all UK!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're welcome to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013 edited
    DAMN, it's so freakin' COLD!

-21 C here in Oslo earlier today, and the coldest spot in Norway measured -35.5 C last night.

HEEEEELP! We're turning into ice statues.

On the bright side, we still have some way left to compete with the coldest populated place on Earth -- the village Oymyakon in Siberia -- where the average January temperature is -50 C and the alltime world record still stands at -71.2 C.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    I saw a documentary about that Siberian village which is the coldest inhabited place on Earth, very extreme.

It's quite mild here and the snow and ice is disappearing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013
    We're still getting a little snow everyday with temperatures around 0.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Lucky you. Here we first get snow, then temperatures way below 0 which turns the snow into massive ice. There's hardly a clear spot anywhere, so better watch your step!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Better saddle up you Mammoth, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Better saddle up you Mammoth, Thor.

Wish I had one. I walked to town today, and it was almost like "extreme sports" some places, especially downhill. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2013
    Snow, snow, snow, coming down in spades.....it drives me mad!

WHERE THE HELL IS THE GLOBAL WARMING EVERYONE RAVES ABOUT?

If one is judging by the last two winters in Norway, it's certainly not an issue here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Lucky you. Here we first get snow, then temperatures way below 0 which turns the snow into massive ice. There's hardly a clear spot anywhere, so better watch your step!

I should clarify that the snow fell over ice! We got more snow last night and our temperature is 5 degrees farenheit, yuk
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Thor wrote

I should clarify that the snow fell over ice! We got more snow last night and our temperature is 5 degrees farenheit, yuk
    Tom

Same here. Tons of snow today, covering the ice rink below. Even more dangerous to walk outside, even though they do try to cover most main walking paths with gravel.
    I am extremely serious.