• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Valencia was much better. 20+ degrees. What a country!

Now I'm in freezeland again. Freeze without any fjord is worthless. Praise yourself lucky Thor! biggrin

Obviously your brain has been addled by explosions and heat, Bregt.
    Go have a little lie down.

Then contemplate, as I do, emigration to palm-filled beaches.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013 edited
    I agree that the mascletàs certainly mangled some kwabs of my great brain. However, I noticed during a rare, drunk moment in Valencia that PASTA and TAPAS contain the same characters. That's two great things in life that are connected by the same constants in life.

This caused such an aha-erlebnis for myself that I concluded that my brain was still in top form.

Unfortunately, it seems my brain can't change the weather anymore.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    Bregt wrote
    Valencia was much better. 20+ degrees. What a country!

Now I'm in freezeland again. Freeze without any fjord is worthless. Praise yourself lucky Thor! biggrin

Well, in Oslo we only have the Oslo fjord, and that is only useable during the summers....
    I am extremely serious.
  1. We have had snow for 12 hours now. Not too heavy but persistent. No snow 50 miles west or east of us.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    We're sunny and going above freezing. Maybe some of the white stuff will start melting, hurrah
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    We have had snow for 12 hours now. Not too heavy but persistent. No snow 50 miles west or east of us.

Seven inches of snow fallen here so far.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. ...and the snow is still falling. That's 24 hours of snow now. It may not be the heaviest snowfall but it is quite persistent.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
    Nothing here cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. ...and it is still snowing! Thirty six hours and now a foot of snow. Apparently there has been nothing like it here for at least 30 years!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    ...and it is still snowing! Thirty six hours and now a foot of snow. Apparently there has been nothing like it here for at least 30 years!

Yep... same here. It hasn't been snowing heavily, but it has been snowing continuously. About a foot here too. In late March!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
    Our weather gives a hint that spring might be here and we're done with the snow.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013
    Another nice day (three in a row) is sprouting encouragement that the cold weather is moving away.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013 edited
    Though it's nowhere near as bas as your weather has been Tom, or many others here including UK residents, I'm fed up of this miserable cold & wet, I want sun, the warm kind that makes you hot and need a T-shirt, not winter sun where it's still ruddy cold.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Plenty of sun here, but FREEZING sub-zero cold every day. Would that be preferable to you?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No it wouldn't. And I've edited my post! tongue wink
  5. The last couple of days we've walked into town (about a mile) to get a few supplies from the supermarket. Yesterday the shelves were more-or-less empty of fresh produce - it's amazing how quickly this sort of thing collapses when inclement weather arrives. Today was a bit better with fruit and veg counters being a bit better stocked.

But what surprises me is how little snow-clearing there has been on the roads. That statement isn't strictly true. There has been some clearing of the ROADS but the pavements have been left to freeze over and ice up. There's really only one road into town from us. And it's a road that rises and dips about 100 feet in total: so it is a bit hilly. There are a significant number of elderly people walking too and from town along this road and it must be a nightmare for them - and quite dangerous. I wish there was a way for roads and pavements to be gritted/salted so that pedestrians as well as car users can get to the shops safely.

But that's not going to happen in this car-centric environment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Though it's nowhere near as bas as your weather has been Tom, or many others here including UK residents, I'm fed up of this miserable cold & wet, I want sun, the warm kind that makes you hot and need a T-shirt, not winter sun where it's still ruddy cold.

I can say the snow is pretty much gone except for some dirty piles that look more like coal.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013
    overcast and a threat of rain today.
    tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013
    It's snowing again. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Snowing here too to the tune of 10 inches.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The Winter that Never Ended. Sounds like a DR. WHO episode.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have a friend who plows for the city of St. Paul and if it were up to him he would like to see it snow year round.
    Tom
  6. sdtom wrote
    I have a friend who plows for the city of St. Paul and if it were up to him he would like to see it snow year round.
    Tom

Considering it's St. Paul I guess he'll have to make do with eleven-and-a-half months instead? freezing

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013
    The beat goes on with the snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013
    bhangra SUN! bhangra
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    bhangra SUN! bhangra

Here, too! It actually feels like spring.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. finally we're going to get 20 degrees today. Is it the end of the uberlong winter? Let's hope so cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    20 degrees? Geezes. Still hovering at 5-6 degrees here, maximum.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    Spectacular weather in Switzerland today - shame I'm stuck in Zurich airport waiting for a flight back to London.
  9. Thor wrote
    20 degrees? Geezes. Still hovering at 5-6 degrees here, maximum.

no worries, next weekend we're back to 10 and chance of night frost :freeze:
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh