• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Michael Bay is a douche.

Public Enemies

Michael Mann is not.

I concur! Interestingly, most of my friends didn't enjoy Public Enemies or simply thought it was ok while I absolutely loved it. Best film I've seen this year certainly...

...today will be Bruno.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009 edited
    My friends had a pretty similar reaction. I can understand why, because they go to the cinema for popcorn entertainment which is usually the reason I go. Public Enemies was just something I had to see as I'm a massive fan of Michael... *sigh* Mann (no way of avoiding the rhyme there).

I also thought the love interest was fiiiieeeeeeiiiieieeeene. (And that's my professional opinion.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And proFeSSionally said.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    <Waves hands in Jedi-like motion>

It was spelled correctly the first time round.
    Also, these aren't the droids YOU'RE looking for.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Decepticon, you are.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: Ratatouille

Wonderful Pixar film. This may be old news, but did anyone else notice Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Underground theme reference in the score when Colette mentions the "resistance" as she is introducing the cooks to Linguini?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven, care to share more info on PUBLIC ENEMIES? And the score in the movie?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    William wrote

Wonderful Pixar film. This may be old news, but did anyone else notice Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Underground theme reference in the score when Colette mentions the "resistance" as she is introducing the cooks to Linguini?

Indeed. A private joke for score geeks (like us) punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Yeah! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

A very well-paced thriller with typically well-thought out characters for a Mann film. I LOVE the digital look to the film and the realistic gun fights with some of the most realistic gun "cracks" I've ever heard! The score, the little there is, does elevate the scenes it's used in. The end piece, 'DJ Dies', is classic Goldenthal scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So you loved the digital look? You weren't one of those who complained about it when it was announced, were you? smile
  1. Why do all people write DJ instead of JD? lol

DJ Dies would be my favorite scene on any club party I've ever attended bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DJ Dies would be my favorite scene on any club party I've ever attended bunny

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    So you loved the digital look? You weren't one of those who complained about it when it was announced, were you? smile

Heavens no, I was one of the people who defended it to the HILT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Heavens no, I was one of the people who defended it to the HILT!

beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William wrote

Nope, I still can't hear it on CD and it's virtually impossible to hear in the movie too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BRUNO

Crude as hell. A lot of mediocre situations with a few mind-numbingly good ones. Most of the time it's a few steps below Borat, but when it's on form it's bloody good. I saw it in a cinema with 5 other people as well but I can only imagine the laughs it will get from a full audience.

Some of the best bits include:

1. A talking penis
    2. A hotel manager walking into Bruno in a rather...odd situation with his assistant. The TV is on and the remote is up Bruno's...yeah...he kindly asks "please could you turn the TV off, I farted and I'm dangerously close to ordering Mr. Magorium's Wunderbar Emporium."
    3. Interviewing several parents to audition their kids for a photoshoot. "Is your child familiar with operating heavy machinery?" "Err..yes.". "Is your child ok around burning prosperous?" "Yes, he loves it".
    4. A naked milf *shudder* is whipping him with his belt at a swingers party. He bails *literally* out the window.

Probably a 3 and a half out of five. It takes a while to get going, but it's worth it in the end, even if you end up covering your eyes for half of it.
  2. Anthony wrote
    William wrote

Nope, I still can't hear it on CD and it's virtually impossible to hear in the movie too.

never noticed this, must play it sometime to see (hear) it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HAHAHA WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    William wrote

It's not on the CD. At least, I don't think it is.
  3. William wrote
    Anthony wrote
    William wrote

It's not on the CD. At least I don't think it is.

It is. It's Collette Teaches Him Le Ropes smile Exact time: starting at 2:27 smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

A very well-paced thriller with typically well-thought out characters for a Mann film. I LOVE the digital look to the film and the realistic gun fights with some of the most realistic gun "cracks" I've ever heard!

If the gunfights / gun cracks are as good as the ones in "Heat" (one of the best shootouts ever filmed), I´m gonna love it.

Steven wrote
    The end piece, 'DJ Dies', is classic Goldenthal scoring.

*cough Journey to the Line cough*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cough much? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    William wrote

Impossible you missed it in the movie! Of all the people, not you! wink Actually it is very noticeable in the movie when Collette introduces the cook that (he says) worked for the resistence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Cough much? wink

Thanks tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Impossible you missed it in the movie! Of all the people, not you! wink Actually it is very noticeable in the movie when Collette introduces the cook that (he says) worked for the resistence.

I get that..but I just cannot hear the theme there at all...
  4. Have you listened to the track and the time I gave?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    BRUNO

Crude as hell. A lot of mediocre situations with a few mind-numbingly good ones. Most of the time it's a few steps below Borat, but when it's on form it's bloody good. I saw it in a cinema with 5 other people as well but I can only imagine the laughs it will get from a full audience.

Some of the best bits include:

1. A talking penis
    2. A hotel manager walking into Bruno in a rather...odd situation with his assistant. The TV is on and the remote is up Bruno's...yeah...he kindly asks "please could you turn the TV off, I farted and I'm dangerously close to ordering Mr. Magorium's Wunderbar Emporium."
    3. Interviewing several parents to audition their kids for a photoshoot. "Is your child familiar with operating heavy machinery?" "Err..yes.". "Is your child ok around burning prosperous?" "Yes, he loves it".
    4. A naked milf *shudder* is whipping him with his belt at a swingers party. He bails *literally* out the window.

Probably a 3 and a half out of five. It takes a while to get going, but it's worth it in the end, even if you end up covering your eyes for half of it.

Pretty much agree with Anthony. I´d say it is overall below Borat, because it is more a succession of gags than a standard screenplay. Some of the gags are really, really crude though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    William wrote
    It's not on the CD. At least I don't think it is.

It is. It's Collette Teaches Him Le Ropes smile Exact time: starting at 2:27 smile

You're right! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Have you listened to the track and the time I gave?

Yes, and I've "known" about this for a long time but I've never been able to hear it. slant