• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nic Cage is quickly becoming the Chuck Norris and V'Damme of the new era wink

With a wig.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And an even sillier face.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    ^ And you didn't like THE HAPPENING? wink

But the talking plant in The Happening didn´t eat Mark Whalberg´s legs! The Ruins´s plants would!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not really because Chuck Norris and Van Damme started out in crap and have had a level career in crap. Cage has come down some way from the heady heights of Coppola, DePalma and Scorcese.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, that run out and he's into crap again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As for THE KNOWING;

I dunno, i am going to watch it online with big company, on blu-ray. I love silly disaster movies and i might like that too;
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009 edited
    Outpost

Seems I´m in a nazi zombies mood lately. After "Dead Snow" I´ve watched this british film, very different in tone (no jokes) and style (no bloodbaths, as realistic as possible). And what´s more important to me: not using the recurring tricks of this kind of films. Special mention to the music by James Brett, writing a very good string oriented score.
  1. Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It sounds hideous I know

I thought it was, every even minor creepy aspect [spoiler](the creeping vines were particularly hair-raising)[/spoiler] was brought low by the eventually silly concept, the poor execution and the terrible acting. slant

Honestly, I wasn't even entertained.

I have to admit I enjoyed it, but I´m a sucker for this kind of films. The plants eating that guy´s legs (and the mutilation that comes afterwards) was a highlight.

me too, I like this stuff, horror movies nobody ever heard off

anyway, did you catch Abominable, directed by Schifrin's son and scored by the maestro himself?
    Looks absolutely tacky, but is in fact very decent, some great moments of suspense, nice build up, good character development and a freaky ending biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    anyway, did you catch Abominable, directed by Schifrin's son and scored by the maestro himself?
    Looks absolutely tacky, but is in fact very decent, some great moments of suspense, nice build up, good character development and a freaky ending biggrin

Abominable? That sounds good enough for me. Working on it.
  2. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Abominable? That sounds good enough for me. Working on it.

let me know what you think smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Anyone watching Torchwood: Children of Earth this week?

So far, it's quite good. And looking forward to hearing Ben Foster's score away from the show.

Torchwood trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiWpVTTP6yI
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    The Knowing

Jesus fucking wept.
    What the HELL is wrong with Nicholas Cage?
    Can anyone remember the last even vaguely acceptable or entertaining film the man did?
    Or do we have to go back to the former millennium for that?

What a load of cobblers.
    This film, that has nothing to offer (and I mean *nothing*. There's no interesting plot, no novel idea, no good acting -Cage alternates darkly moody with freaked out and that's it as far as emotion goes), no proper interaction, a horrid script, even worse dialogue and cliche upon cliche upon cliche) takes itself as seriously as Schindler's List!
    GOD.
    Awful film.
    Really.

I enjoyed the film. Specially the first half, wich captured my attention in 5 minutes. it's like a Shaymalan with popcorns.

I'm the first hater of Nicolas Cage. I really find this man annoying and overacting all the time, but I was really surprised how "balanced" was his acting in this movie.

RV:Transformers revenge of the fallen

Well, in fact 2 or 3 weeks ago..

I'm a great fan of Michael Bay. But this movie is a mess. There are some great gags (in fact I smiled enough to considere this movie a great comedy, seriously) , but the rest is really , really bad.

Problems:

-As the POTC franchise the plot is so stupidly complicated when in fact is so simple. The rythm is irregular, and the narration confuse.

-the transformers design is simply not cinematographic. there is so metal that in the fights you don't know where they has the head or the legs.

-Something is wrong when in a 200 millin dollar movie, the climax is in the same set from a little battle in the previous movie (the scorponok one).

- Action without sense of danger.

-Megatron is simply a puppet, when The fallen is the real bad guy. But The fallen only lasts 3 minuts in a fight with optimus.... rolleyes

-Optimus and bumbelbee are relegated almost a "cameos". I guess Bay prefer Turturro "balls".

About the music....I like how Hans included Electric guitars.and all the variation of limkin park song. But it's far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from the first score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Good review, Jordi.
    It confirms my suspicions about the movie, which I am now very unlikely to go and take any effort to see.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I agree with Jordi's comments completely - it's so simple but overly complicated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I too enjoyed THE KNOWING. Cheesy, but quite entertaining. And although the ending had religious extensions which might be indeed very corny, still i liked its half-dark, half-bright nature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Christodoulides wrote
    I too enjoyed THE KNOWING. Cheesy, but quite entertaining. And although the ending had religious extensions which might be indeed very corny, still i liked its half-dark, half-bright nature.

Actually, those religious extensions were what I liked the most about the film - IF they were really religious (?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <groan>

Go watch The Ten Commandments for proper religious extensions.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited
    Well, i liked them too; but i know some people around me watching it with me at my house, found them cheesy. You know, people like Steven and Martijn wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sophisticated, wise, well educated, smart, balanced, funny, ever so slightly creepy, generally drunk people then?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just strange people.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Romper Stomper

I know that this is sort of a cult movie but I only saw it yesterday the first time. Not bad, the acting - not only by Russell Crowe - is wonderful but the movie as a whole didn't really speak to me. I much prefer American History X in similar theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Just strange people.

uhm

That's you off my christmas card list.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Result biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn, you worked HARD for that didn't you? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! Lost my home, my car, my woman....but hey, it was worth it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Michael Bay is a douche.

Public Enemies

Michael Mann is not.
  4. lol

I agree with the first and waiting two more weeks to agree with the second.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Waterworld

It's been a while since I last saw this movie so I watched it again yesterday. This is basically a B-movie made from an A-movie's budget. But I enjoyed it. Costner can play this reluctant hero-type very well and it's a big relief that the movie doesn't take itself all so seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    lol

I agree with the first and waiting two more weeks to agree with the second.

I'll admit that Transformers was the better film to see in the cinema simply because of the amazing special effects (the only reason I didn't walk out of the cinema... oh, and Megan Fox), but Public Enemies was BY FAAAAAAAR the better film.