• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Oh such innocent and care free times thems was.

What a clever substitution to --> shame

wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    ^
    Nailed! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Steven wrote
    As I may have said before, much to learn young William you have. Much to learn.

rolleyes shame
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    "it" speaks biggrin

Disturbing Silence Of The Lambs overtones, there... slant

I laughed out loud with that one. I'm crying, really.

Whenever he says that line it cracks me up.
    By far, the most disturbing thing I've seen in film. Buffalo Bill's tuck. Yeah. face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    THE READER

All i can say is that Tom was absolutely right on the superior quality of this movie. Never been a huge fan of the director myself, i found myself surprisingly captivated throughout the entire movie; impressive acting and cast, mature and thoughtful, this movie is one of those rare cinematic journeys that take you through life's lost opportunities. Very impressive and wholly worthwile. The score, which sounded good but a little cold and repetitive as a listening experience on CD before I watched the movie, now shined a wholly new air of quality. As I watched how Nico Muhly crafted this beautiful and fragile musical work frame to frame, I was completely taken by what he wrote.
  1. CHANGELING

Damn, I hardly knew how 2 hours and 30 minutes could fly by so easily, but Clint Eastwood just did it. I knew it looked to become another great movie when watching the trailer, but I wasn't ready for despair, horror and injustice. Eastwood just painted what man is capable of, when they have the power.

Brilliantly acted, amazing storytelling, Changeling is another pearl of movie making

9 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Well this movie turns out to be a whole lot less inspired than part one. It's entertaining, even childishly so with infantile gags that just fall flat and give suspicion that Bay wanted to make Transformers 2 appeal more to kids than the first one. I had a good time during 2 hours and a half, however the problem with the film is, there's nothing memorable about it whatsoever... Good explosiveness and over the top comedy shenanigans, but I have a hard time recalling any sort of redeeming quality about it. Well the directional sound was as awesome as I expected it to be.

And what's with those annoying little Autobots in this film... I could've done without them honestly. vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    Directional sound?
  3. Hell yeah, I could hear and feel the sound behind me, beside me, above me. Top notch sound effects editing. I always pay particular attention to sound design, be it in the theatre or at home.

Best part of the movie IMO.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Then you mean surround sound wink
  4. D'oh !!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No opinion on the score as heard in the movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

robot

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

:borg:

-Erik-

yep, a bit weaker than the first, though reprising enough material of that first with new written material
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I still think my McDonalds/dodgy kebab analogy has some truth to it as far as the scores go. The first one is the McDonalds, not healthy but quite tasty when you're in the mood for it; the second one is the dodgy kebab, can only be enjoyed when seriously drunk.

I'll stick with the first score as I don't drink that much these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    RV: Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Just saw this tonight with my girlfriend. Hilarious! biggrin
  6. Far Cry

The movie based on the PC game. While the game still is a fantastic trek through jungle-filled levels combating highly intelligent enemies and experiencing the thrill of being hunted by murdering mutants, the movie is anything but that... Being my first Uwe Boll film, I expected a truly awful film, this is however somewhat watchable much to my surprise, but other than the characters this has very little in common with the game. Where are the huge jungle environments, where are the Trigens (the mutants from the game)? It all feels rather condensed and underwhelming and I'm just realising I've already said too much than needs to be said about this. So I shut up now.

5/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    RV: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

So, this was directed by Shatner... Interesting choice of director. And an interesting film. It's got some funny moments and good scenes, but it doesn't measure up to most of the other films in the franchise, I think.
  7. William wrote

So, this was directed by Shatner... Interesting choice of director. And an interesting film. It's got some funny moments and good scenes, but it doesn't measure up to most of the other films in the franchise, I think.

While its hardly a masterpiece, the strongest points of The Final Frontier are the chemistry of the actors, the humor and the great score by Goldsmith. So enough reasons to not condemn it to film trash hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    William wrote

While its hardly a masterpiece, the strongest points of The Final Frontier are the chemistry of the actors, the humor and the great score by Goldsmith. So enough reasons to not condemn it to film trash hell.

I agree. beer
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Far Cry

The movie based on the PC game. While the game still is a fantastic trek through jungle-filled levels combating highly intelligent enemies and experiencing the thrill of being hunted by murdering mutants, the movie is anything but that... Being my first Uwe Boll film, I expected a truly awful film, this is however somewhat watchable much to my surprise, but other than the characters this has very little in common with the game. Where are the huge jungle environments, where are the Trigens (the mutants from the game)? It all feels rather condensed and underwhelming and I'm just realising I've already said too much than needs to be said about this. So I shut up now.

5/10

well, then make the second movie either Alone in the Dark or House of the Dead and watch the true horror of somebody who thinks he can makes movies

I of course must know, is Far Cry really better? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    RV: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

So, I thought Megatron was the main baddie of the Transformers film franchise. Guess I was wrong. The entire first movie was apparently wasted hyping up a mere lackey to ultimate villain status, while the real top baddie, the Fallen, is revealed in this sequel... And what a bad guy he is, that he (the character referenced in the title!) would die in the end of his first film on screen. And yet Megatron - his subordinate - is brought back to life, and lives to see another day. C'mon. rolleyes Aside from that, two and a half hours of action can actually get quite boring... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    William wrote

So, I thought Megatron was the main baddie of the Transformers film franchise. Guess I was wrong. The entire first movie was apparently wasted hyping up a mere lackey to ultimate villain status, while the real top baddie, the Fallen, is revealed in this sequel... And what a bad guy he is, that he (the character referenced in the title!) would die in the end of his first film on screen. And yet Megatron - his subordinate - is brought back to life, and lives to see another day. C'mon. rolleyes Aside from that, two and a half hours of action can actually get quite boring... sleep

agree
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    William wrote

agree

beer You've seen it?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Watching Miracle at St. Anna. Have gotten through the first hour. Will do my best to finish the rest tomorrow. I seriously get tired of Spike Lee's racist shite being shoved down my throat in nearly all of his films. The opening with the Longest Day and the first words uttered from the main character clearly shows his agenda with this film (oh, and really pissed me off).

I think issues such as these should be addressed, but in a way that brings people together, and does not rip them apart creating hatred and defensiveness.
    Maybe he should have taken some pointers from the beautiful civil war film Glory. smile

His accusations on Clint Eastwood were astounding and insulting.

I think Lee is a great director. I have really enjoyed a handful of his films.
    I get tired of his stereotypes of both the white and black man.

Maybe I'm just be overly defensive to the heavy stereotypes of the racist white man and such.
    Thoughts? Are my thoughts unfounded?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Far Cry

5/10

well, then make the second movie either Alone in the Dark or House of the Dead and watch the true horror of somebody who thinks he can makes movies

I of course must know, is Far Cry really better? rolleyes

Well I didn't have the urge to turn it off, I did not feel the need to vomit once, which I guess is a good thing. But it's not something we haven't seen before.
  9. omaha wrote

Maybe I'm just be overly defensive to the heavy stereotypes of the racist white man and such.
    Thoughts? Are my thoughts unfounded?

One thing I really liked about 25TH HOUR and INSIDE MAN was that he seemed to be moving to films either beyond the issue of race (the former), or dealing with the issue more playfully in old-school Pelham 1-2-3 style (the latter). It's a shame to hear that with a budget he got caught up in the worthy rhetoric that would be a temptation to anyone approaching this subject matter.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009
    25th Hour and Inside Man are by far my favorites by him, and for the exact same reason as you.
    Can wait for Inside Man 2. Clive Owen played a really great character in that one.
  10. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

While the highly fragmented storytelling and questionable antics of the characters demand multiple viewings, the movie's second half had me in shock and awe at the same time. Part 1 of the Vengeance trilogy by Chan Wook Park (followed by the fantastic Oldboy and concluded by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance) is another strong drama featuring out of this world characters and even more insane revelations and shocking scenes of violence. Not for the faint of heart. It's also the most minimalistic of the three films, but only in the sense of telling the story, the plot and what's happening to the characters are anything but that.