• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Goats are funny. Doesn't matter what they do. They just are.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    plindboe wrote
    Goats are funny. Doesn't matter what they do. They just are.

Peter smile

Not too sure about this....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Tintin wrote
    I'm really impressed by that video. I like the editing in the first part with all the trains. Excellent ideas from beginning to end- the playfulness and also the timing with the song and the fireworks. Excellent work Bregt.

Could you please recommend a CD by Sigur Ros, I really like their sound. Thanks.

Thanks Martin!

As for Sigur Ros. It's my favourite band. I started with Takk..., which contains their more popular sound. It includes some of my all time favourite songs (Hoppipolla, Glosoli and Svo Hiljott). It has some of their crowd pleasers (well, only Hoppipolla made it to he general public, and also to the trailer of Planet Earth and Children of Men).

Then there is their second album 'Agaetis Byrjun' which has their real classics for the fans. Absolutely great album, but not as easy as Takk. Their Untitled album (the official title is '( )' ) which is a rater difficult one, and completely sung in their own language (not Icelandic). Their last album was the more 'poppy' one, closer to Takk, and it contains the song from the video. smile

Their very first album 'Von' is very ambient and not really my cup of tea. It was rather an expermnt for them, and if they didn't create 'Agaetis Byrjun' we probably would never have heard of their dreamy, fairytale music.

Sometimes I only like certain songs after hearing it lots of time. Svo Hiljott is such one.

There's tons of free music here
    http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/

I'd go with Takk and Agaetis Byrjun. wink

Thanks for the tips. i think I will get Agaetis Byrjun first. I listened to the link you put there and I really dig the song Olsen Olsen. The flute solo, the choir near the end. was the very end of this one an inspiration for your video?

Oh and I forgot that I had this in my videos here at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-mHwzAyz8
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010 edited
    I need something to look forward to in my life right now, and just ordered a one-week trip to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in March. I'll be going with my ol' travel mate. Have any of you been there?

(PS. to our Indian membership - I'm sorry, but India has to wait for now. I can't afford the 3 weeks I want to set aside to explore your wonderful country - which is a bare minimum. I'll look into it again at a later date).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    I need something to look forward to in my life right now, and just ordered a one-week trip to Dubai...

I hope that you have a great time there.

Personally, I can't think of how I'd fill a week in a place like Dubai.

What do you plan to do?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    Thor wrote
    I need something to look forward to in my life right now, and just ordered a one-week trip to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in March. I'll be going with my ol' travel mate. Have any of you been there?

(PS. to our Indian membership - I'm sorry, but India has to wait for now. I can't afford the 3 weeks I want to set aside to explore your wonderful country - which is a bare minimum. I'll look into it again at a later date).

Have a great time! But be aware of the laws. Alcohol is illegal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    I need something to look forward to in my life right now, and just ordered a one-week trip to Dubai...

I hope that you have a great time there.

Personally, I can't think of how I'd fill a week in a place like Dubai.

What do you plan to do?

Don't know yet. Haven't done much "research". Visit the world's tallest building, perhaps? Cruise around the desert in a rally car?

I've heard about the alchohol ban, but I'm not sure how it is practiced. When I was in Turkey in September, it was the middle of Ramadan and we were told that there was no alcohol being served. But apparently, that was just for the locals, because all the discos, bars and restaurants served alcohol to the tourists.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    Visit the world's tallest building, perhaps?

My aunt went there earlier this month on her way back to Australia after her visit for Christmas. She had a day in Dubai, due to a fuck up with the flights leaving Heathrow during our 'treacherous' weather. I saw some photographs she took whilst there and, shit, is that building big.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Dubai. Hmmm. Not on my list of top locations.

What I always check before going somewhere is the 'off the beaten path' locations and trips. VirtualTourist is a good one, but also local sites (but I doubt you'll find that for Dubai wink )

Perhaps this might give you some inspiration, looks more interesting already!
    http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Mi … -BR-1.html
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tintin wrote
    Thanks for the tips. i think I will get Agaetis Byrjun first. I listened to the link you put there and I really dig the song Olsen Olsen. The flute solo, the choir near the end. was the very end of this one an inspiration for your video?

Oh yes, Olsen Olsen is a favourite too! Memorable folky tune! smile

It was recently used at a gathering of some unique art project, where the artist decided to let fall 100 000 paper planes. He asked that people brought an instrument, to play this folky tune together during the drop of those planes. Odd, but quite an idea! smile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxJ9i91vfE

Oh and I forgot that I had this in my videos here at home:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-mHwzAyz8

punk

Btw, Demetris (and Erik). Have you seen my video? Was it a bit okay? Since you both know more about this stuff. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't yet, only in weekends i find time for leisure anymore due to work, but judging by the replies you got i'd imagine it's very good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Dubai. Hmmm. Not on my list of top locations.

What I always check before going somewhere is the 'off the beaten path' locations and trips. VirtualTourist is a good one, but also local sites (but I doubt you'll find that for Dubai wink )

Perhaps this might give you some inspiration, looks more interesting already!
    http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Mi … -BR-1.html

Thanks!

It's not my top location either, but it was inevitable given our options. I had a very limited budget which allowed for ONE week in a remote, non-European location. And we wanted WARM WEATHER. Egypt and Thailand I've already been to. New York is too cold and expensive. India is too big to cover in one week, and so Dubai was the last of the long-distance budget destinations from Norway that fitted our criteria.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    The idea of Dubai doesn't thrill me beyond having a look at it's excesses and for sure, I'd like to see the worlds tallest building, still, I'll look forward to hearing your views Thor and, of course, some pics. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    Oh, and Thor, one YEAR in India wouldn't be enough let alone one week, though a week partying in Goa would surely clear out some cobwebs. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010 edited
    OK, another little trip booked.

LONDON, April 9-12. Just me and three buddies seeing some football, drinking beer and having a good time.

I'll be hanging with these for the most part, but it would be cool to meet up with some of you Londoners (either with my buddies or without), meet up at a pub or something. Timmer, is it far from Bristol to London?

We'll be staying at the Hilton London Metropole.

(and for those wondering how I can afford these trips being unemployed etc., I just got the tax relief I thought I had lost last year - after a LONG battle with the tax authorities).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    London's a great city (my birth city in fact). Have any plans to see Morricone's one night only at the Royal Albert Hall? It's on April 10!

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/ … fault.aspx
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    markrayen wrote
    London's a great city (my birth city in fact). Have any plans to see Morricone's one night only at the Royal Albert Hall? It's on April 10!

shocked

Nobody told this before!?

That concert is on a perfect date for a weekend out in London, taking the Eurostar on Friday evening/Saturday morning, and spend the day in the city, join the concert, and leave on Sunday.

I WANT! Who's with me?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    markrayen wrote

Wow, I had no idea about that one!! I see that it's £50-60 for the cheapest seats, which isn't exactly cheap. Then again, that's probably what I have to spend if I'm going to tag along my friends on a football match (Premier League, anyway) and between those two choices, there's no competition what I would go for.

However, it means I will have to "abandon them" and possibly meet up with them afterwards. It's Saturday, after all, the big night out.

Hmmm....I'll have to think about it. It's VERY tempting since I happen to be there at the time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    markrayen wrote

Wow, I had no idea about that one!! I see that it's £50-60 for the cheapest seats, which isn't exactly cheap. Then again, that's probably what I have to spend if I'm going to tag along my friends on a football match (Premier League, anyway) and between those two choices, there's no competition what I would go for.

However, it means I will have to "abandon them" and possibly meet up with them afterwards. It's Saturday, after all, the big night out.

Hmmm....I'll have to think about it. It's VERY tempting since I happen to be there at the time.

The concert starts at 7:30PM. Afterwards, the night is still young!

Continued here:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … portunity/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    markrayen wrote

Wow, I had no idea about that one!!

In that case, you should read the Morricone thread more often.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    markrayen wrote

I'll comment when I'mm in a more straight of mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote

LONDON, April 9-12.

My best friend studies in London and I am planning to go down and see him some time in April. If I happen to go during this time, I'll definitely inform you. It'd be nice to meet someone from this board at last.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    LSH wrote
    Thor wrote

LONDON, April 9-12.

My best friend studies in London and I am planning to go down and see him some time in April. If I happen to go during this time, I'll definitely inform you. It'd be nice to meet someone from this board at last.

We might be with more: http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … -april-10/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited
    I leave for a couple of days with friends to Normandy, visiting Bayeux and Les Plages du Debarquement (I like that word more than D-Day Beaches). A short trip, but I've always wanted to visit the region, with its cliffs, broad and empty beaches, the apples, cider and calvados, the goat cheese ( goat ) and of course for its the memories of the remarkable events in June 1944.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    I leave for a couple of days with friends to Normandy, visiting Bayeux and Les Plages du Debarquement (I like that word more than D-Day Beaches). A short trip, but I've always wanted to visit the region, with its cliffs, broad and empty beaches, the apples, cider and calvados, the goat cheese ( goat ) and of course for its the memories of the remarkable events in June 1944.

Sounds like a treat, Bregt! Be sure to report back, as usual.

I'm going to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates on Sunday and will be gone untill March 16. I'll drop my PC off for repairs tomorrow morning, though, so I won't be able to log on after that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Have a safe trip Thor. I hope it's not too hot, since you're now used to extremely low temperatures. wink

Does anyone have ideas for music fitting Normandy's setting? I have Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan with me, but perhaps something more upbeat as well?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Have a safe trip Thor. I hope it's not too ho, since you're now used to extremely low temperatures. wink

Does anyone have ideas for music fitting Normandy's setting? I have Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan with me, but perhaps something more upbeat as well?

What about the Benny Hill theme? It has nothing to do with Normandie, but it sure as hell is upbeat.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Have an awesome trip Bregt & Thor! Report back with lots of pics smile

Bregt wrote

Go with anything Asterix. Perhaps Talgorn (Asterix at the Olympics), or Alexandre Azaria (Asterix and the Vikings). wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn Bregt, is it 6 trips per year? where do you find the Geld?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    Bregt wrote

Drink, History, Food...should be excellent.