• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    ^ DAMMIT BREGT!

Btw, the photos are so beautiful, makes you thingy of cozy, romantic stuff, good company, booze, cold and the instant run for good ol' wood n' fire heat, i.e. all the stuff in life that's goooooooood wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Really nice pics, Bregt! Those trains look like something from HARRY POTTER. Cute gals too. Were they the girlfriends of someone or were they all single?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Important question, this!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Though, they started calling me psycho by the end?

You been talking about your dead cat again?

I suspect so.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Though, they started calling me psycho by the end?

You been talking about your dead cat again?

I suspect so.

Hmmm. I doubt it. I never talked about dead cats.

Thor wrote
    Cute gals too. Were they the girlfriends of someone or were they all single?

Are you hinting something? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    Cute gals too. Were they the girlfriends of someone or were they all single?

Are you hinting something? wink

He, he...well, yeah, basically if you HIT IT ON with any of them if they were single! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Hmmm. I doubt it. I never talked about dead cats.

So you now categorically and on the record state that the cat is alive?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited
    Me & D were talking about hazardous roads, here's some footage of one of the worlds most dangerous ( at least it was when I actually travelled it on bus ), the footage is only a minute or so but the actual journey takes about 8 hours and, believe me, many parts of the road are far faaaarrrrrrr worse than this.

Srinagar - Jammu Road
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are they singing their way to hell? freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Me & D were talking about hazardous roads, here's some footage of one of the worlds most dangerous ( at least it was when I actually travelled it on bus ), the footage is only a minute or so but the actual journey takes about 8 hours and, believe me, many parts of the road are far faaaarrrrrrr worse than this.

Srinagar - Jammu Road

Wow, there must be many accidents. Is there always that much traffic?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Srinagar - Jammu Road

Wow, there must be many accidents. Is there always that much traffic?

I don't remember seeing that much traffic when I did the journey but the deep valleys were littered with the wrecks of vehicles, there's a substantial death toll throughout the year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Are they singing their way to hell? freezing

Typical Indian buses mate, they drive around bends and they drive you around the bend. I once took the "Deluxe Luxury Video Coach", believe me, I soon learnt my lesson! shocked freezing

p.s. Did you notice the monkeys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christ! You did this road Tim?!

The monkeys eat you when you fall off the cliff?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Christ! You did this road Tim?!

The monkeys eat you when you fall off the cliff?

Yeap! TWICE! ( to & from )

The monkey's are quite fierse at times and should be avoided.

I wanted to do the worlds # 1 dangerous road when I was in Bolivia but violent political upheaval put paid to that slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I wanted to do the worlds # 1 dangerous road when I was in Bolivia but violent political upheaval put paid to that slant

Ah yes - I saw that on Top Gear the other week. It was heart-in-mouth time, and I was only watching it! Clarkson seemed extremely close to falling off it (unless it was cut together misleadingly).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ah yes - I saw that on Top Gear the other week. It was heart-in-mouth time, and I was only watching it! Clarkson seemed extremely close to falling off it (unless it was cut together misleadingly).

Yeah, I thought there was a lot of dramatic "edits" in that show but it was entertaining.

If I had got to do it it would have been by truck and mountain bike, I paid to do what they call 'Gravity assisted mountain biking' where you get driven up to around 16,000ft ( 5000'ish meters ) and you take about 6 hours cycling back down into the capital of La Paz, unfortunately for me the day I was due to do it the people of Bolivia decided they'd had enough of their American loving president and took to the streets in violent protest ( the violence mostly coming from the police and soldiers who shot over 90 people dead ), we managed to get out of La Paz before it really kicked off by flying out to another city ( all roads and railways were blocked ), the South of the country was relatively unaffected and we still ended up having a brilliant time. I would love to return to Bolivia one day but under a calmer and stable political climate. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yeah, I thought there was a lot of dramatic "edits" in that show but it was entertaining.

What happened?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    VIDEO!

Thanks to D I was able to edit my HD videos I made on the trip to Germany. Just a try-out, nothing spectacular. Note that I had the idea in mind before I left off. I had the song in my head and tried to fit in videos during my holiday.

I'm rather happy with the result though! I like it!
    http://vimeo.com/8919014

Turn HD off if it does not play fluent.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    I'm really impressed by that video. I like the editing in the first part with all the trains. Excellent ideas from beginning to end- the playfulness and also the timing with the song and the fireworks. Excellent work Bregt.

Could you please recommend a CD by Sigur Ros, I really like their sound. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am going to watch it later today! Glad you found out how great a tool Sony Vegas is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tintin wrote
    I'm really impressed by that video. I like the editing in the first part with all the trains. Excellent ideas from beginning to end- the playfulness and also the timing with the song and the fireworks. Excellent work Bregt.

Could you please recommend a CD by Sigur Ros, I really like their sound. Thanks.

Thanks Martin!

As for Sigur Ros. It's my favourite band. I started with Takk..., which contains their more popular sound. It includes some of my all time favourite songs (Hoppipolla, Glosoli and Svo Hiljott). It has some of their crowd pleasers (well, only Hoppipolla made it to he general public, and also to the trailer of Planet Earth and Children of Men).

Then there is their second album 'Agaetis Byrjun' which has their real classics for the fans. Absolutely great album, but not as easy as Takk. Their Untitled album (the official title is '( )' ) which is a rater difficult one, and completely sung in their own language (not Icelandic). Their last album was the more 'poppy' one, closer to Takk, and it contains the song from the video. smile

Their very first album 'Von' is very ambient and not really my cup of tea. It was rather an expermnt for them, and if they didn't create 'Agaetis Byrjun' we probably would never have heard of their dreamy, fairytale music.

Sometimes I only like certain songs after hearing it lots of time. Svo Hiljott is such one.

There's tons of free music here
    http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/

I'd go with Takk and Agaetis Byrjun. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nice! Will have a better look later on as I'm a bit pressed for time, but what kind of camera did you use, Bregt? (I'm currently looking into getting a videocamera myself, so I'd be more than passingly interested).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am more than happy to help you too, if you want Martijn. First i need to know your budget and the use you want it for smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Both are flexible (within reason...10.000 Euros for a babycam is a bit (!) out of my league wink ), really. It really depends on the proper mix of possibilities, but I'll come up with a list of "must-have" requirements a bit later on. That might give a good starting point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, technologies are moving towards tapeless technologies now, i.e. camcorder that writes on hard disk, or discs such as dvd and all. I'd recommend hard disk. And of course, standard definition is starting to die with the drop of the price of all the technologies involved (tv's, blu-rays, blu-ray writers, hdv cameras etc) so i'd definitely recommend hdv formats, 720p or 1080p. The rest is onto the budget, i.e. brand, quality of the sensor (cmos, ccd etc), the lenses etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Excellent video, Bregt! Almost like a music video. By the way, whazzap with the sheep noises at the end? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Nice! Will have a better look later on as I'm a bit pressed for time, but what kind of camera did you use, Bregt? (I'm currently looking into getting a videocamera myself, so I'd be more than passingly interested).

I use a Panasonic DMC FT1. It's a waterproof/shockproof/dustproof camera, with HD video support (AVCHD Lite, which is basically the same, just proprietary. It records in .mov, so quite easily convertible. The lens is 4.6 analog zoom, which is rather excellent. Of course, it's almost all automatic, since it's a digital camera.

I wanted one that was able to withstand my clumspyness. The fact that it was waterproof is a plus, since I used it in Laos, and when it rains it Laos, the water gets everywhere. The shockproof thing has been very useful as well, since I dropped it already (by accident) a couple of times. The little window in front of the lens is able to withstand ... a lot! (non scratch-able surface). I was one of the first who bought it here in Belgium actually (as I was told by the shop I ordered it at, since it was a few days before leaving for Laos)

There's lots of modes (party, nature, sunset, ...), there's panoramic view (16:9), intelligent mode or completely do it yourself mode (well, sort of), ...

Review here
    http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/panasonic-dmc-ft1.cfm

I'm very happy with it. I'd sure would like a digital reflex camera, but for my travels, it wouldn't be as handy. I like to put the camera in my pocket, or have it with me all the time instead of an extra bag or thing around my neck. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Excellent video, Bregt! Almost like a music video. By the way, whazzap with the sheep noises at the end? smile

Thanks! smile

The goats at the end (goat ) was just a funny moment during the trip. We were walking in a forest and suddenly came across a small animal park/zoo. There were these goats all looking to one goat, who clearly was the chief in town, almost sort of talking to the others, with constant repetition.... okay, sounds boring, but it was funnier at the moment itself. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Great video, Bregt! Very well edited.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote

Thanks! smile

The goats at the end (goat ) was just a funny moment during the trip. We were walking in a forest and suddenly came across a small animal park/zoo. There were these goats all looking to one goat, who clearly was the chief in town, almost sort of talking to the others, with constant repetition.... okay, sounds boring, but it was funnier at the moment itself. wink

He, he...no, I can picture it. smile
    I am extremely serious.