• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    Hopefully the mail will bring his new score today.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    I'll give an A to "They'll Remember You," the opening cue on the Valkyrie CD.
  1. So will I
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And I really enjoy the underscore cues "Important Call" and "No More Indecision"
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Jon Broxton wrote
    I'm really amazed that everyone is so excited by VALKYRIE. Other than the stunningly good first and last cues, I thought the rest of it was unremittingly dull.

Can't really agree with this opinion
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/valkyrieottman/

My review on Valkyrie
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    VALKYRIE, interview with the composer JOHN OTTMAN on inter-activities.com

http://www.inter-activities.com/walkyri … kyrie.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Orphan seems to get a score release by Varese Sarabande (coming out on July 21):
    http://www.amazon.com/Orphan-O-S-T-John … amp;sr=1-2
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    More composers turning into other areas of film making wink

FILM EDITOR AND COMPOSER JOHN OTTMAN TO BE HONORED AT VISION AWARDS

Vision Awards to be Held Saturday June 27 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel

Ottman receives Saturn nomination for Best Music - Valkyrie

(Los Angeles, CA) Film editor and composer JOHN OTTMAN will be honored this Saturday with the COMPOSER/EDITOR OF VISION at the 36th ANNUAL VISION AWARDS. The Vision Awards honor pioneering visionaries in Film, TV, Music, Research, Technology and Leadership. The Awards show will be hosted by Army Archerd with special guest Larry King at the Beverly Hills Wilshire Hotel on Saturday, June 27 (9500 Wilshire Boulevard). Other Honorees include Lawrence Bender-Producer of Vision, Jim Walton-Leader of Vision, Shonda Rhimes-Women of Vision-Entertainment, Diane Ladd and Tom Wilkinson-Film Artists of Vision, Grant Nieporte (Seven Pounds) Screenwriter of Vision, and Dr. Shalesh Kaushal, MD- Jules Stein Living Tribute Award.

Currently Ottman is scoring ASTRO BOY, the animated, sci-fi/action film starring Nicolas Cage and Kristen Bell. Last year Ottman reteamed with director Bryan Singer as the editor and composer for VALKYRIE. Ottman has edited and scored virtually all of Singer's films, including THE USUAL SUSPECTS, APT PUPIL and SUPERMAN RETURNS. Ottman and Singer first began collaborating while students at USC’s Film School on “Public Access,” which won the Grand Jury Prize at the 1993 Sundance Film Festival.

Ottman has successfully traversed every genre as a film composer. His wide range of credits include the dark comedy CABLE GUY, the thriller GOTHIKA, CELLULAR and numerous superhero movies including X-MEN 2 &3, FANTASTIC FOUR 1 & 2 and SUPERMAN RETURNS as well as the drama KISS KISS BANG BANG starring Robert Downy Jr. and last years, Sci-fi blockbuster, THE INVASION starring Nicole Kidman. OTTMAN's film scores have earned him a Saturn Award and several BMI Film Music Awards.

John Ottman is nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Music for his score to VALKYRIE, he has won a prestigious BAFTA award in editing for THE USUAL SUSPECTS and a nomination from the A.C.E. (American Cinema Editors).

Author: Costa communications
  3. Latest news!! John Ottman will attend FIMUCITÉ festival next July...
  4. ORPHAN
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Ottman

The tragic loss of their unborn child has devastated Kate (Vera Farmiga) and John (Peter Sarsgaard), taking a toll on both their marriage and Kate’s fragile psyche as she is plagued by nightmares and haunted by demons from her past. Struggling to regain some semblance of normalcy in their lives, the couple decides to adopt another child. At the local orphanage, both John and Kate find themselves strangely drawn to a young girl named Esther (Isabelle Fuhrman).

Almost as soon as they welcome Esther into their home, however, an alarming series of events begins to unfold, leading Kate to believe that there’s something wrong with Esther — this seemingly angelic little girl is not what she appears to be. Concerned for the safety of her family, Kate tries to get John and others to see past Esther’s sweet façade. But her warnings go unheeded until it may be too late … for everyone.

Composer John Ottman (who also scored director Jaume Collet-Serra’s House Of Wax) contributes a chilling score.

Warner Bros. opens ORPHAN nationwide on July 24.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 981 2
    Release Date: 7/21/09
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    IMDb lists Varese Sarabande as the company to release John Ottman's score to the upcoming film, Astro Boy. If this is true I reckon the official announcement will be made on the Varese website soon enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Hear a portion of the ASTRO BOY main theme HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A very small snippet but I liked it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sounds pretty good indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks for the link! Let's see if Ottman finally writes something good wink :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Just announced -

ASTRO BOY
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Ottman

A thrilling tale of a true hero, Astro Boy is an all-new, feature film full of action, adventure, humor and heart. It will be brought to life on the big screen in breathtaking CGI animation on October 23rd, 2009.

Set in futuristic Metro City, Astro Boy is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma (Nicolas Cage). Powered by positive “blue” energy, Astro Boy (Freddie Highmore) is endowed with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly.

Embarking on a journey in search of acceptance, Astro Boy encounters many other colorful characters along the way. Through his adventures, he learns the joys and emotions of being human, and gains the strength to embrace his destiny. Ultimately learning his friends and family are in danger, Astro Boy marshals his awesome super powers and returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.

ASTRO BOY’s impressive voice cast also features Kristen Bell, Nathan Lane, Eugene Levy, Matt Lucas, Bill Nighy and Donald Sutherland.

John Ottman’s soaring and adventurous score was recorded with some of London’s finest musicians.

Summit Entertainment opens ASTRO BOY on October 23.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 989 2
    Release Date: 10/20/09

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    I wonder how much lower can Nicolas Cage fall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009
    Tracklisting of Astro Boy is here -

1. Opening Theme (02:06)
    2. Astro Flies! (03:14)
    3. Start It Up (03:57)
    4. Morning Lessons (01:50)
    5. Blue Core Pursuit (03:58)
    6. Designing Toby (04:48)
    7. I Don't Want You (01:22)
    8. One Of Us / Meeting Trashcan (02:29)
    9. I Love Robots / Hamegg's Story (02:21)
    10. The RRF / New Friends (02:58)
    11. Reviving Zog (01:59)
    12. Reluctant Warrior (04:43)
    13. Cora's Call (02:27)
    14. Undercover Robots (00:51)
    15. Egg On Hamegg (03:29)
    16. Toby's Destiny (04:31)
    17. Saving Metro City (03:47)
    18. Final Sacrifice (02:47)
    19. Robot Humanity (03:23)
    20. Theme From Astro Boy (04:34)
    21. Bonus Track: "Robots Are Our Friends" Infomercial * (01:27)

Total Duration: 01:03:01
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hurray
    • CommentAuthortuskapaska
    I started out with adoring Ottman - The Usual Suspects, Apt Pulpil, Fantasy Island, Cable Guy, They all had solid themes, even goldsmithian INVENTIVE themes. The score of his that I love even beyond goldsmith is Incognito. It may be one of the best scores ever composed. In a few tracks, you hear the mickeymousing atonality that has subsequently become his career. At the time I adored his symphonic, balletic fluidity with the orchestra. John, if you are reading this please keep up the balleticism instead of the incedentialism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    hurray

I'm looking forward to it! I really like the main theme.

Open mind, D, open mind. I'm not Ottman's biggest fan but I'll keep my hurray comments until I hear the score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd give that theme 3 out of 10. Maybe 4 if I'm feeling generous... but I'm not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    applause

Bad day eh?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, I'm just a bastard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I'd give that theme 3 out of 10. Maybe 4 if I'm feeling generous... but I'm not.

All that based on a 45 second clip!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009 edited
    Well, um, yeah... that's why I said I'd give that THEME 3 out 10, not the score. It's generic and I've heard it all before. Hurray.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I try Erik, but Ottman rarely delivers as far as i am considered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm right there with ya my man! But there's always hope. I have hope for Brian Tyler, Tyler Bates, Ramin Djawadi, etc.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm right there with ya my man! But there's always hope. I have hope for Brian Tyler, Tyler Bates, Ramin Djawadi, etc.

-Erik-

I do not think it is fair at all to list Brian Tyler along with Tyler Bates and Ramin Djawadi....