• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    William wrote
    beer punk As opposed to fake fun? wink

As opposed to guilty fun. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of the Black Pearl

It's been a while and I have forgoten how fun this is! Nothing more perfect than sailing the wide blue seas on a hot summer day! At least dreaming about it! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of the Black Pearl

It's been a while and I have forgoten how fun this is! Nothing more perfect than sailing the wide blue seas on a hot summer day! At least dreaming about it! rolleyes

Fun score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Songs of the Sea - The Regatta Suite Jeff Rona

I am quite the sucker for 'event music'.

(My favourite contemporary composers of event music would have to be Williams and Gordon.)
  1. NP: LAID TO REST -- Deadbox

One of the quirkiest releases of MovieScore Media, and I really don't like it shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

One of his loveliest scores ever, with beautiful and powerful themes. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

One of his loveliest scores ever, with beautiful and powerful themes. Love it!

One of my favurites themes ever, and this is the score wich made me take seriously james newton Howard.

NP:Twilight Zone (Goldsmith)

Pure 80's Goldsmith!
  2. NP: ICE AGE 3 -- John Powell

I love 12 second tracks, they just couldn't put those 12 seconds with the previous track face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: ICE AGE 3 -- John Powell

I love 12 second tracks, they just couldn't put those 12 seconds with the previous track face-palm-mt

It's stupid the way Powell (or whoever?) splits cues into separate tracks. I fail to see the reasoning behind it. When would you ever need to listen to one section of an entire cue? That's like skipping to the middle of a cue on a normal album just to get to the bit you like, which I can see the point in itself, but I don't see the point of actually including it as a feature of an album?

It's stoopid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's always the fast, easy way out for an editor who's bored, or doesn't have enough time in their hands. Just print the recording session cues out in wave files and we're done.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: ICE AGE 3 -- John Powell

It's stupid the way Powell (or whoever?) splits cues into separate tracks. I fail to see the reasoning behind it. When would you ever need to listen to one section of an entire cue? That's like skipping to the middle of a cue on a normal album just to get to the bit you like, which I can see the point in itself, but I don't see the point of actually including it as a feature of an album?

It's stoopid.

indeed, and I just can't believe why they do it
    ah well, back to a 20 second track

woooohoooo, we're on a roll here people punk face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Dark Knight (Bonus Digital Release) - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard

The best part about it is the cover art...
  4. William wrote

tongue really?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote

Actually the best part about it is 'Why So Serious?'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No. Like a dog chasing cars is that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'Why So Serious?' is the most inventive and unique piece from the score (and the most effective part of the score), but 'Like a Dog Chasing Cars' is the most exciting cue on the album IMO.

I think it's a shame that it's become fashionable to have a negative opinion towards this score, much like it has always been fashionable to have a negative opinion against Zimmer - whether it's due to it being fashionable or not.
  5. NP: SOMETHING THE LORD MADE -- Christopher Young

Such a wonderful finale, it is like hearing James Horner and Christopher Young at work
    absolutely wonderful
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

Except that it's not on that album...? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote

tongue really?

IDK. biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

Ah, my mistake. Didn't read the bit in the brackets. shame

I presume by 'bonus digital release' it's the same as the second disc on the two-disc set that was released some time ago? In that case, it's 'Bank Robbery', which is pretty much the film version of 'Why So Serious?' which in-turn is the Joker's theme/motif/musical-statement/whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William wrote
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

Ah, my mistake. Didn't read the bit in the brackets. shame

I presume by 'bonus digital release' it's the same as the second disc on the two-disc set that was released some time ago? In that case, it's 'Bank Robbery', which is pretty much the film version of 'Why So Serious?' which in-turn is the Joker's theme/motif/musical-statement/whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it.

Yeah. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yuh... I think I'd have been able to deduce you were replying to me if you had of left the quotes out. Point in case: this reply to you. Capiche?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Yuh... I think I'd have been able to deduce you were replying to me if you had of left the quotes out. Point in case: this reply to you. Capiche?

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't
    so
    much.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    Don't
    so
    much.

O
    K.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    'Why So Serious?' is the most inventive and unique piece from the score (and the most effective part of the score), but 'Like a Dog Chasing Cars' is the most exciting cue on the album IMO.

I think it's a shame that it's become fashionable to have a negative opinion towards this score, much like it has always been fashionable to have a negative opinion against Zimmer - whether it's due to it being fashionable or not.

Fashionable or not, i love that score, as i do with ANGELS AND DEMONS. Top works, top modern composer for what he does, he does it brilliantly, otherwise he wouldn't be at the business top as we speak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Tale of Despereaux - William Ross

Excellent fairy tale/adventure score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Don't