• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    NP: HANCOCK - John Powell

It might not be anywhere near the best for Powell, but I absolutely love this score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009 edited
    NP: The Journey Of Natty Gann - Horner

Yes, contained in this score are many classic Hornerisms recognized from his scores Land Before Time, Field Of Dreams, American Tail 2, Honey I Shrunk The Kids and others.
    But the thing is, they all began here!
    This gem of a score is the genesis for many of the themes he reused for other projects.
    The way he weaves his themes together here is (as always with Horner) masterful.
    Deeply moving, tender, exciting, joyful. Natty Gann has it all.
    An absolute must have.
    Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    WANT.

NP: The Land Before Time - James Horner

Though this'll do for now.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Heat
    Goldenthal
    In prep for Public Enemies smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: 101 Dalmations - Michael Kamen

Really fun score with some great emotional material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Played:

Nanny McPhee - Patrick Doyle
    Doyle is quickly becoming a new member among my favourite composers and this score of the wonderful family movie is one of the reasons of it. I love the sound of this score: the playful tracks, the deeply emotional tracks and the masterful, powerful performance of the LSO. Though Doyle often changes the tempo and even the melody during one single track I cannot call it mickeymousing, it is much closer to simple playfulness and doesn't break the unity of the track and that of the listening experience. A fantastic score! punk

Happy Feet - John Powell
    Now, this score DOES have mickeymousing - which I don't like. But the great choral passages still make it an enjoyable album, even though I think it should have been a little shorter in length. The two or three main musical themes are wonderful, it's a pity that Powell never lets them shine in their full glory, they only show up for moments here or there - and that's exactly the reason why I'm not keen on Powell's animation music too much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I have a Dino-day,

I will Play Dinosaur, Ice age 3, Land Of Lost and The Lost world.

NP:Dinosaur (JNH)

My last complete listen was years ago. When I used to skip the non melodic action stuff, and the descriptive passages.

But, Oh God! Every second, every track of this score is GOLD! (Even with Goldsmith and Zimmer moments )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Princess Mononoke - Joe Hisaishi

An absolutely must-have score. The main theme is one of the best ever by Hisaishi! punk
  2. NP: "Mandala in the Clouds" from Battlestar Galactica III (McCreary)

One of the best action cues of the series. Bravo.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    DemonStar wrote

An absolutely must-have score. The main theme is one of the best ever by Hisaishi! punk

Is it score album or symphonic suite?

NP: I am Sam - John Powell

It has a lot of quirkiness, which fits the main character, and a lot of emotions of the story. Also Nighttime Visits is very fun to listen. cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Is it score album or symphonic suite?

The score album, with 33 tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Have you checked out Mononoke symphonic suite, Ravi? It's better as listening experience and a real goosebump generator. cool

NP: Story Of Four Gods - Joe Hisaishi

I thougt the chorus in Sacred War sounds unnatural... is it sampled sounds?

Anyway I really like the catchy main theme and action tracks, they're so addictive. On the other hand, quiet cues are nice but don't impress me so much as other Hisaishi's scores.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Miya wrote
    Have you checked out Mononoke symphonic suite, Ravi? It's better as listening experience and a real goosebump generator. cool

Which symphonic version is the better one: the Image album or the Milan edition? At SAE it says the Image album has a bit more more tracks and no vocals, the Milan symphonic suite has less tracks and performed by the Czech Symphonic Orchestra. I'm not familiar with either of them but I definitely know that I don't want to get the album with the 33 (!!!) tracks. So which version would you suggest?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote

Nope I don't have it yet, but would like to get it! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    After a weeks long onslaught of musical diversity of EVERYTHING except film music ( unless you count Tom Jones singing What's New Pussycat ) it's time for something purely orchestral and a touch on the mellower side...

NP : DANCES WITH WOLVES - John Barry

AAAaaaaaahhhhh film music love

AAAaaaaaahhhhh John Barry love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

How did the whole Michael-Jackson-finally-kicking-that-oxygen-addiction affect the concert? (In terms of the general atmosphere.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

How did the whole Michael-Jackson-finally-kicking-that-oxygen-addiction affect the concert? (In terms of the general atmosphere.)

How else?
    By selling extra T-Shirts.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Stoning of Soraya M/Debney...Let your mind ponder hmm and you'll know exactly what it sounds like.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    The Stoning of Soraya M/Debney...Let your mind ponder hmm and you'll know exactly what it sounds like.
    Thomas

It's boring. One good track at the beginning and the rest is fragmented, middle eastern improvisations.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

I was working the Jazz gate when I was told ( by some kids, 12-16?? ), I shrugged my shoulders and said 'oh yeah, nice try', rumours always go around festival sites, one year it was that Peter Gabriel had been stabbed to death by an obsessed fan, not very original but believable. I believed Wacko was dead when a friend in Bristol texted me within minutes. It wasn't long before MJ jokes were doing the rounds over the entire festival ( it wasn't a heart attack, he died in the kids ward having a stroke...etc ), a few artists gave MJ tributes during their acts, I heard that Dizzie Rascal did a superb MJ medley during his set. Michael Jackson dying while I was at Glasto certainly made it one of those 'where were you when Princess Diana died' moments.

I'm very glad I was at Glastonbury and was spared all the heavy media coverage.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

How else?

Already on sale the following morning rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

It's boring. One good track at the beginning and the rest is fragmented, middle eastern improvisations.

I like it... especially the 12 minute cue near the end of the album.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

I like it... especially the 12 minute cue near the end of the album.

-Erik-

That one is good, the ending is good too; the rest feels like a very uninspired and lesser-budget PASSION OF THE CHRIST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

How else?

Already on sale the following morning rolleyes

I'd get me that.....t-shirt on the left.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    D, on the blisteringly hot days you wouldn't believe the totty that was on display cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd mate; i live in a hotter place wink

Looking at that photo, i'd buy me that brainless t-shirt on the right too. Simultaneously with the one on the left
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Believe me D, compared to the highjinks going on at Glastonbury, Greece is tame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait; is that a good hot juicy word? Do i want? confused