• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009 edited
    Both these songs are absolute classics, I can't decide between This One or This One as my favourite? Both are incredibly evocotive. cool

Anyone else have favourites?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009
    Not those two, I can assure you. wink

Don't really have any favourite summer songs, I just have favourite albums really? I guess Red Hot Chili Peppers' most recent album, Stadium Arcadium, will likely remain a favourite summer album as that was a particularly memorable summer. Same can be said for Paulo Nutini's These Streets and the Foo Fighter's Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace for sunny days from this year. cool

'Over My Head (Cable Car)' by The Fray is one song I do associate with summer though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Umm...this?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    yeah right rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Not those two, I can assure you. wink

Don't really have any favourite summer songs, I just have favourite albums really? I guess Red Hot Chili Peppers' most recent album, Stadium Arcadium, will likely remain a favourite summer album as that was a particularly memorable summer. Same can be said for Paulo Nutini's These Streets and the Foo Fighter's Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace for sunny days from this year. cool

'Over My Head (Cable Car)' by The Fray is one song I do associate with summer though.

Just specific songs. If it were albums I would go for Santana, Jamiroquai, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Morcheeba and the like.

My choices above have a big nostalgia value for me, I guess it's whatever one associates with summer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And lets not forget a bit of film music from a true master of the theme....

Swwwwweeeeeet! cool

What a great summer tune love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunilitis?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunilitis schmitis! tongue

Surely you have favourite summer songs D?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not really a big fan of songs mate, i mean i love the work or Prodigy and Massive attack as well as the Erotic Song of the Greek Female....birds, but nothing really more wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have very few 'summer' songs to be honest, I usually don't really associate songs with seasons. I have TONS of songs I associate with significant (and even insignificant) moments in my life though.

Though I'll be dammed™ if I can remember them all. They're all stored in my subconscious ready to be remembered whenever I hear them in bars or pubs or wherever.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is it because I have 20+ years on you guys!?? cheesy wink

I very much associate many songs and scores and various music with various times of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Tim, that's a valid point there; you have to give us some credit 'cause you come from an era in which ACTUALLY GREAT songs were written, instead of the Jonas Brothers and other gay vomit crap we have in our times. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    To be honest, I just don't listen to many "summery" songs. Not my thing, especially all the youtube examples given so far! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (well, indeed; i was having great rock tunes of the past in my mind too wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    To be honest D there's always been crap in every era. Just like modern film music nothing is original anymore but there is still good popular music being made now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like for example? All the great bands of the past, for instance, have other disappeared or turned crap too. Except if you're talking about new, younger artists and bands an era which i haven't really researched yet nor does it interest me much from what i suspect while listening to stuff on the radio these days.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I still keep in touch with modern popular music through the radio and there's quite a lot I like and admire from Dizzie Rascal, Gorillaz, Snow Patrol, MGMT and even some Coldplay. Of more recent older artists it would be Blur, Radiohead, Jamiroquai and, of course, Prodigy....who I DIDN'T GET TO SEE at Glastonbury crazy slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I used to like COLDPLAY but their latest album / hits is very cheezy for my tastes; I never got into Gorillaz and Snow patrol, and i am not aware of who the other are (apart from Blah Blur of course, Radiohead which have too gone too experimental for my tastes) and Jamiroquai who copies himself all over and over, imo). Now, Prodigy on the other hand........WHY DIDN'T YOU?!!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PRODIGY

We were understaffed on the last night ( Sunday, Prodigy were on at 10.30pm ), I had already organised with someone to take my place for a couple of hours and the &@%$ didn't show up angry , Mel got to see them though and thought they were absolutely fucking brilliant! ....oh well, next time rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    I'm listening to quite a summery album at the moment: Sunny Side Up by Paolo Nutini. An easy going listen!

No WAY is this guy the same age as me though! He sounds at least 50!? Weird. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009 edited
    Anything by The Beach Boys! Santana, too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lmgmb
  1. lmgmb? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He wants us to let him get his bucket. Personally, I don't think we should.
  2. No, we should not.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited
    Being an urban bloke this song for me has always summed up the sweltering hustle and bustle of summer in the city. cool

Other songs I associate with summer (for reasons of energy, lightness of touch or simply because I first heard them and they made a strong impression on me in summer) are this one, this one, this one, and VERY MUCH this one, which is my all-time favourite summer song.

Soundtracks?
    This one.
    smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    2nd, 3rd & 4th 'THIS' need tweaking bud spin

Love LOVE those Elmer titles.

Good call on 'Summer In The City', an all time classic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Being an urban bloke this song for me has always summed up the sweltering hustle and bustle of summer in the city. cool

Yippie ki yay!

Great song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Yippie ki yay!

Indeed, Yippie ki yay
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've always been a massive fan of genius Stevie Wonder ( at least until he went all crappy in the 1980's ), but rather than youtube his early Motown or 1970's brilliance I thought I'd stick this one I just found......

HERE.

punk