• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013
    That sounds nasty Alan!

As does kidney pudding.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    Steak and kidney pudding.

beer applause

Is idiotitis catching?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Demetris wrote
    Did you file any complains ? Did anyone else eat that and got sick too?

No, I haven't seen anyone else complaining of food poisoning and I haven't complained. What would happen? I would say it was their food, they would probably say that I couldn't be sure. Then what? I will just not go there again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, it would be a pointless exercise unless plenty of you had got ill.

I know it sounds horrible but if no one else got ill it could be that whoever served you had been a bit lax with their personal hygene.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    I know it sounds horrible but if no one else got ill it could be that whoever served you had been a bit lax with their personal hygene.

That is a rather unsavoury thought but it's the risk you take when eating food prepared by others.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Alan,

I think you should complain. It's true that you won't be compensated, but they need to be told these things. If everyone remains silent, nothing will ever happen, until some day someone is more seriously harmed. A single complaint probably won't do anything, but you don't know how many other complaints they've had. The more complaints, the more likely they'll take action.

Anyway, I hate to complain about stuff like this too. If it were me, I'd probably do it in writing to the person in charge.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Though we did spend the day birding today. Year tick list now stands at 113.

Impressive! I'm up to 96 this year. I started out a bit slow though and am beginning to pick up speed, so watch out! wink

Peter smile

PS. Kidney vomit

PPS. I like sausages though, which basically consist of pigs that are shoved up their own asses, so I shouldn't pretend like I'm eating anything less disgusting.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

That is a rather unsavoury thought but it's the risk you take when eating food prepared by others.

It's a spine shivering unsavoury thought. I'm pretty sure it happened to me many years ago, I used to play for a Bristol pool league and it was the done thing that the landlord of whatever pub you played in put some snacks out for half time, I hadn't eaten that day and really tucked into tuna sandwiches, egg-mayo sandwiches etc and spent the next two days in bed except for bouts of running to the toilet, all 11 members of my team ate those sandwiches too but not one of them got ill.
  3. plindboe wrote

PS. Kidney vomit

Exactly that oviously. tongue
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm no fan of kidneys, in fact I can't stand em!
  4. I love kidneys!
  5. Actually there is a traditional kidney-dish in Germany too. Today it isn't much asked for, though. (Marinated in milk, then cut in stripes and fried in butter. Then a sauce is made by deglacing with buillon, add pepper, salt, vinegar or lemmon juice. Replace the kidney stripes to get warm again. Ready. YOu will chase me away with that!) wink

Volker
  6. Grrrr!

My food poisoning may have flaired up some gallbladder problems. Ultrasound scan being booked as we speak.

That's REALLY annoying.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Actually there is a traditional kidney-dish in Germany too. Today it isn't much asked for, though. (Marinated in milk, then cut in stripes and fried in butter. Then a sauce is made by deglacing with buillon, add pepper, salt, vinegar or lemmon juice. Replace the kidney stripes to get warm again. Ready. YOu will chase me away with that!) wink

Volker

Sounds utterly delightful.

not! vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Grrrr!

My food poisoning may have flaired up some gallbladder problems. Ultrasound scan being booked as we speak.

That's REALLY annoying.

When it rains....

Sorry to hear that Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Alan, sue the hell out of them.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I would not complain (and I would not sue!) but I would make a call to mention that I got really sick. If more people called then they know something is wrong, either with the food or the hygiene.

Hope you are well soon Alan.
  7. Bregje wrote
    I would not complain (and I would not sue!) but I would make a call to mention that I got really sick. If more people called then they know something is wrong, either with the food or the hygiene.

Hope you are well soon Alan.

Thanks Bregje. I was thinking of taking your course of action.

I don't think that there is any way of really linking what happened to me with the night out. Was the symptoms actually food poisoning or perhaps a coincidental sudden onset of the possible problems that I am still suffering with (gallbladder)? Who knows!

The doctor who diagnosed food poisoning didn't really examine me that thoroughly; he just took the symptoms I described and the fact that I had been out the night before and made the diagnosis from that. My doctor today did a more thorough look-see.

But the symptoms for both are so similar, without tests on food and tests at the time on me, there's no way of really knowing what's been going on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013 edited
    My sony wx5 camera I use mainly for travels seems to have gone haywire; half a year ago it stopped reading my memory cards, to which I found a temporary solution via a friend who told me sony has their own brand of smaller memory cards (with the contacts on the other side). I bought one and low and behold my camera accepted it! So today I turn it on and get the same message I got as with the original card. I'm convinced it's purely a software issue (as it gives errors in the program) and will try to update the firmware but I have low expectations. Damn you Murphy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013
    After having worked really hard for 3 weeks to submit two papers in 4 days time, with less that 5 hours sleep per day and managing it, I feel empty. I finished on Friday, slept for about 24 hours and on Monday I returned to work. I've left my office for two days and I returned in a chaotic situation since nobody did anything while I was away. We are preparing the National University Entry Exams and I have a big part in them for our county, but does this mean I cannot leave for two days without hell breaking loose?! My arms hurts, my mood is bad, even though I'm obviously relieved for having managed to submit my papers, and I feel like I can't do this for long.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  8. Stavroula wrote
    After having worked really hard for 3 weeks to submit two papers in 4 days time, with less that 5 hours sleep per day and managing it, I feel empty. I finished on Friday, slept for about 24 hours and on Monday I returned to work. I've left my office for two days and I returned in a chaotic situation since nobody did anything while I was away. We are preparing the National University Entry Exams and I have a big part in them for our county, but does this mean I cannot leave for two days without hell breaking loose?! My arms hurts, my mood is bad, even though I'm obviously relieved for having managed to submit my papers, and I feel like I can't do this for long.

Well, my students are going through their Abitur (a-level) examinations right now and that means a bit of stress for me, too, but nothing like you just described.

I hope you get through it and find some relexation once it's over.

This place is teeming with teachers! punk

All the best!
    Volker

PS: How does the financial crisis affect universities in Greece? Does that add much to the strain?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013 edited
    Stavroula wrote

Well done for finishing in time, Stavi! A similar period is approaching for me, when I have to deliver three papers in a short amount of time for my pedagogy studies (and that includes reading thousands of pages).

When it the next "time off" for you?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013
    What university are you preparing for, Stavi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013 edited
    Stop it! We're all flooding her with questions while she's busy enough with her own things. I retract mine! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013
    I'm a postgraduate student at the Greek Open University. I have 2 more papers and exams coming and at the same time I have to prepare all the bureaucratic stuff for the National University Entry Exams students take every year in their last school year.
    Thanks for the wishes guys!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Best wishes from me too!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm a postgraduate student at the Greek Open University. I have 2 more papers and exams coming and at the same time I have to prepare all the bureaucratic stuff for the National University Entry Exams students take every year in their last school year.
    Thanks for the wishes guys!

hug
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Good luck with the big push!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013
    I have been thinking... It's not so much of an annoyance but more one of complete bafflement. Can anyone explain to me why the traditional design of bathroom sinks has this tiny faucet so close to the edge that you can barely wash your hands without bumping into the edge of the sink and you can't put your head under the faucet to wash your hair?

Surely one would think that bathroom sinks over time would evolve into a shape that reflects bathroom sink activities.

I really don't get stuff like this.

Peter confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013
    plindboe wrote
    I have been thinking... It's not so much of an annoyance but more one of complete bafflement. Can anyone explain to me why the traditional design of bathroom sinks has this tiny faucet so close to the edge that you can barely wash your hands without bumping into the edge of the sink and you can't put your head under the faucet to wash your hair?

Aren't you supposed to use the shower for that?
    I am extremely serious.