• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    yeah

I saw one of them and that was enough. It also doesn't help that Jack Black, either in physical presence or voiceover irritates the fuck out of me.

Ah, don't get me started on that douche now (and here we go with the 'he's not a douche' posts moon )

I'd prefer you save that word for people who deserve it.

Ben Affleck and a bloke with a bad wig are on the same level as Stalin and Hitler??? lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    yeah

I saw one of them and that was enough. It also doesn't help that Jack Black, either in physical presence or voiceover irritates the fuck out of me.

Ah, don't get me started on that douche now (and here we go with the 'he's not a douche' posts moon )

Well, to be fair, you hadn't really given a good reason as to why My. Johnson is in fact a douche, aside from the obvious fact that you don't like him wink 'Douche' is, now, quite a specific word which implies specific things... So I'm still curious!

And for the record, I don't mind Jack Black. In fact, I quite like him. (Although I can understand how he might irritate some people.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Ben Affleck and a bloke with a bad wig are on the same level as Stalin and Hitler??? lol

No, but Adam Sandler isn't far off to be fair.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

No, but Adam Sandler isn't far off to be fair.

shame biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    THE Don Davis!?

Don Davis.
  1. JAMES HORNER's former orchestrator
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don Davis
  2. Southall wrote
    Stay on topic, please.

Hans Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Skyfall
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Madagascar 3, of course!

Or the one with the cute dragon wink

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    yeah

I'd prefer you save that word for people who deserve it.

Adam Sandler on par with Hitler? Man i like you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014 edited
    back on topic mode: Although what usually happens is the opposite, i.e. first poor impressions on initial score listening sessions, then it improves with the time and with watching the movie, i find that with Amazing spiderman 2, although i did like it at first, it slowly evolved into one of the weakest major scores of the year for me. Noisy, messy and confused. Anyone else feeling as such?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    So I was right for once? wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You didn't like it from the beginning?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    back on topic mode: Although what usually happens is the opposite, i.e. first poor impressions on initial score listening sessions, then it improves with the time and with watching the movie, i find that with Amazing spiderman 2, although i did like it at first, it slowly evolved into one of the weakest major scores of the year for me. Noisy, messy and confused. Anyone else feeling as such?

Yes, me! But I still think there's a decent 15-20 minute album in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

I disliked it before anyone disliked it. I'm too cool for this place...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

I disliked it before anyone disliked it. I'm too cool for this place...

Oh that's true my friend!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
  3. Well that is a hymnus of a review, isn't it? And you know what? I agree with every word.

Great review, James, very instructive. Thanks!

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Beautiful comments James smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014 edited
    Am I allowed to say that I can't stand Elton's songs and I don't like Zimmer's clichéd African score?

I find it mawkish and sickly on the whole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm right with you on the songs, but I've never been much bothered by clichés in film music. I'm curious to have a listen as I don't know Zimmer's score at all (and I've only seen about twenty minutes of the film, fast-forwarding through most if it).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. I don't think involving African voices (arranged by a South African, to that) to that extent was so cliche at that point. What do you think of Tears of the Sun, Tim?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I'm right with you on the songs, but I've never been much bothered by clichés in film music. I'm curious to have a listen as I don't know Zimmer's score at all (and I've only seen about twenty minutes of the film, fast-forwarding through most if it).

Yes, I'm being hypocritical there. I love me some clichés, I guess I just don't enjoy Hans Zimmer's version of clichéd African music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't think involving African voices (arranged by a South African, to that) to that extent was so cliche at that point. What do you think of Tears of the Sun, Tim?

I don't know Tears of The Sun beyond one track on one of the Varese compilations.