• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015 edited
    Steven wrote
    I may be wrong.

You are. It's El Groucho.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015 edited
    flash WARNING flash

May contain gimmickry and hyperbole

Hans scores Boxing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015
    Good grief.
  1. Interestingly enough, it sounds like the kind of his earlier stuff you guys are talking about in the NP topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I am intrigued. I hope a single is released somewhere.

Anyone recall that Zimmer actually did write music for some sort of boxing or martial arts competition a really long time ago, like early 90s? I forget what it was called.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Another chance to be pummelled by a Zimmer score? wink

But what little music there was sounded good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Scribe wrote
    Anyone recall that Zimmer actually did write music for some sort of boxing or martial arts competition a really long time ago, like early 90s? I forget what it was called.

The Contender?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Scribe wrote

The Contender?

Yep, that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    What's with the minor chord thundering?
    Very jarring.

I often enjoy a symphonic reworking of a popular classic, especially when it's a departure from the orginal...but I didn't like this at all.

The Cowboy Western version of Layla is inspired! Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015
    That new ("new"?) boxing theme sounds like Pirates of the Caribbean redux. Chimed in to say the obvious (i'd expect someone to note this by now). Yet, he says, he's re-inventing film music with each new project. Goddamnit Hans, if INTERSTELLAR weren't so phenomenally good, i'd ditch you completely by now with all that amazing spiderman 2 and co crap wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I liked INTERSTELLAR a lot, a contender for my favourite score last year. I just wish Hans and mates wouldn't speak such hyperbolic bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The novelty of Interstellar has worn off a little for me. I think there's some great music in it, but I don't think there's enough material to hold up a full album's length. A suite would be nice. I might make one.

I won't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I liked INTERSTELLAR a lot, a contender for my favourite score last year. I just wish Hans and mates wouldn't speak such hyperbolic bullshit.

Indeed. It's a bloody good film and score, but it's not the Second Coming of moviemaking.

Unlike Demetris, I thought THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 was one of the year's best. In fact, it clocked in at my 5th place (but INTERSTELLAR was 2).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Loved Interstellar. I think the first, proper release (not the bullcrap 353 extended versions that followed) was top-notch, and spot-on as an album listening experience. But i think it also helps that i liked the movie so much as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Loved Interstellar. I think the first, proper release (not the bullcrap 353 extended versions that followed) was top-notch, and spot-on as an album listening experience. But i think it also helps that i liked the movie so much as well.

So are you getting the LP?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm still waiting for the Ultimate Definitive This Time We Really Mean It version with alternate recordings of Hans coughing. Only then we will be able to experience it as Hans envisioned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think the most humorous thing about the Interstellar soundtrack version debacle is that "fan edit" version of the film mix of the docking scene ("No Time For Caution") which has been modified over and over again for the past 3 months since the release of the soundtrack revealed that it was substantially changed on the album versus the film. I mean I applaud the effort but...people must really love that soundtrack to spend so many hours of their life tweaking like that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015
    Hans Zimmer & Orchestra to perform during Interstellar screening at the Royal Albert Hall on 30 March
    http://www.finalreel.co.uk/interstellar … bert-hall/
    Kazoo
  4. My thoughts on Chappie.
    https://synchrotones.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/chappie/
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015 edited
    Well, this is a weird but rather awesome video (via Bregje)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mNMeBMslW8
    Kazoo
  5. Brilliant! shocked
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015
    Wow, excellent!

Wish they had done stuff like CRIMSON TIDE and other 90s goodies, but they're so young, it's understandable why they've chosen more recent scores.

That girl.....gorgeous in every respect. love
    I am extremely serious.
  6. They did The Rock, while actually taking Glennie-Smith's theme for it, but I ain't gonna complain.

And their later variation on He's a Pirate is actually better than the original theme!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015
    Good lord. That's excellent. (And for once I concur with Thor... love )
  7. Wow. They are very talented. That's awesome.
  8. Love this. What a talented foursome.

Ha, I knew the boy and girl did 2 parts, but still very impressive job with the editing and singing.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015
    Bregt wrote
    Well, this is a weird but rather awesome video (via Bregje)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mNMeBMslW8

Not weird, just awesome.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Love this. What a talented foursome.

Ha, I knew the boy and girl did 2 parts, but still very impressive job with the editing and singing.

yeah amazingly well done, like Thor said it would have been awesome if they did older titles too. Something tells me they might do so if they hear how well it's received, but nonetheless awesome work
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWashu
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2015 edited
    Hans Zimmer worked with Jean-Michel Jarre on Jarre's upcoming album.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLY9Lb0iEb4