• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008
    I can't get on the site anymore James, since friday evening.

Is it me?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I've been on it several times this morning, so it must not be a problem with the site as a whole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    confused
    Kazoo
  1. me too, the site seems to be down
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Belgium is blocked! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I also couldn't get onto it for a couple of days, but it's back. Server problems I assume.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    I couldnt go, but now everything is fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2008
    Yeah...Everything is fine...

Except Southall Insane Head biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    Just had an internal explosion.
    Kazoo
  2. What? You mean the red background?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christmas is cruel.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    OMG! Takes a few minutes for normal vision to recover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Sudden shock to eyesight not permanent I hope!
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    I smell a lawsuit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Ouch! That *does* hurt.

Edit: Wow, the "disable page colours" function in firefox dev toolbar never came in handy before now...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    I'm pleased to have elicited such a positive reaction. (It'll be back to blue in a couple of days.)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    I like the reviews a lot. But how come some reviews go in the capsules section, while others go on the main page?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    New design. Capsules and full reviews now all on the main page. Anyone like it? Feedback?

http://www.movie-wave.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010 edited
    Nice... but the PINK is a little girlie. I think you need to fiddle around with the colors a bit. The darker blue was so distinctive on your old site... you might want to try and incorporate that into the Wordpress theme.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I haven't worked out how to change the colours yet! But I would like to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm sure there are some tutorials out there. Anyway, it's good to see everything on one page!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That was the most important thing. Pity I can't properly integrate all the old reviews into it (they're still where they were and clickable from the review index, but they aren't linked from any of the useful Wordpress functions) but that would take absolutely ages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010 edited
    Very nice! I'd got with a dark blue for those comment boxes, they stick out like a sore thumb with that pink. But I do like the light colours, it's far more pleasant on the eyes than a darker page.

It would be nice to see the movie-wave title stand out a little more too (although no capitals is a good thing I think), perhaps with a textured background. Perhaps something shiny, metallic, but subtle.... Apple/Mac like? I dunno.

All just personal preferences mind you.
  3. I like it, James. I echo what's already been said about the pink. It's great to have all the stuff on the main page, and I don't care that the links to old reviews are the way they are - as long as i can still find them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010
    Very nice, though I miss the long list of past reviews you had on the left. But that's neither here nor there. Keep it up, James!
  4. It looks nice and fresh, James.

But, the main page does seem to have a lot of wasted space but at the same time it also seems quite cluttered. dizzy

I'm glad to see that the simple list of reviews by title and composer is still available.

Now that I've got a bit of time, maybe I should start something myself? You'd recommend WordPress then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I really like it James. Very nice indeed!

Oh, and your reviews on Star Trek 3 and The Edge were smack on!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I kinda preferred the old look. But I always say that when changes are made to some website, so take it with a grain of sodium chloride. I do like the "recent comments" box. Gives one more of an incentive to comment.

Steven wrote
    But I do like the light colours, it's far more pleasant on the eyes than a darker page.

My eyes disagree. I think dark colours are way more relaxing to look at.

Peter smile
  5. fresh new look James, I like it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2010
    Why Pink?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.