• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    What's annoying me currently?

IDIOTS!!!!! Idiots who let their emotions and ridiculous petty competitiveness dictate their actions and fail to use any logic or common sense whatsoever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    David wrote

IDIOTS!!!!! Idiots who let their emotions and ridiculous petty competitiveness dictate their actions and fail to use any logic or common sense whatsoever!

Hm? Referring to anything in particular?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think it's a pretty good rant in general! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The slowness of the forum currently...

...I'll be back later. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Then create conversation instead of waiting for something to happen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

I meant slowness of the actual forum...as in page loading times... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That must be a local problem? I don't have slow(er) page loading at all. Dont notice a thing actually. Does this only happen for maintitles.net? Or is that the only site you visit these days? biggrin wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Thor wrote
    David wrote

Oh, just the current election process over here in the States. The divisiveness between members of the same political party crying over the smallest of things is appalling, but that's all I'm going to say lest I open up a can of worms.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

I meant slowness of the actual forum...as in page loading times... biggrin

Okay! smile

You didn't make yourself very clear.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    David wrote
    Thor wrote
    David wrote

Oh, just the current election process over here in the States. The divisiveness between members of the same political party crying over the smallest of things is appalling, but that's all I'm going to say lest I open up a can of worms.

Hmmmm......where do i hear the same all over and over again, all the time? *cough* Greece maybe? *cough*

Politics, mate. They suck no matter which corner of the world you're located at.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    David wrote
    Thor wrote
    David wrote

Hmmmm......where do i hear the same all over and over again, all the time? *cough* Greece maybe? *cough*

Politics, mate. They suck no matter which corner of the world you're located at.

biggrin , same in Belgium smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The weather. It's shit! And it's humid, I hate it when it's humid and overcast... what's the point if there's no sun!?

Also I have a lot of packing to do since I'm moving back home for 12 weeks. sad (And then starting a completely new course; Music and Sound tech! cheesy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What happened to ...what was it again? Social Geography?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    What happened to ...what was it again? Social Geography?

Physical Geography. I just wasn't enjoying the course that much, wasn't what I expected I guess. But I've had an extensive look into this new course (at Portsmouth uni still) and it looks like a perfect fit! I get to compose my own music as one of the projects this year. (Or next academic year.)

It helps that I have the Sibelius music software waiting for me when I get home which is the program the uni uses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sibelius rocks. Even better than FINALE, sit down and learn it mate, it's a great tool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow Steven, that's quite different! What a turn.
    Lucky we can still hange paths! wink

So, you will be able to make it to Bristol then? tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sibelius rocks. Even better than FINALE, sit down and learn it mate, it's a great tool.

So I've read, yeah. I've bought a Sibelius guide book to help me discover it's features and whatnot. Lucky I have a Mac as well, apparently it performs better on a Mac. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Work. Jobs. Sucks.

I so want to go to Uni right now. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Work. Jobs. Sucks.

Apply this Summer for the 2008/2009 courses. I'd order loads of free prospectuses and then start looking at the ones that seem the best and go visit them. I URGE you to do it asap if it's what you want to do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Work. Jobs. Sucks.

The new job? Why, what's wrong?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Work. Jobs. Sucks.

The new job? Why, what's wrong?

Nothing, just a bad day. slant
  1. Myself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Right now: my decaying body after I turned 30. I can't get rid those annoying kilos around the waist. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Right now: my decaying body after I turned 30. I can't get rid those annoying kilos around the waist. sad

I know exactly what you mean. shame slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, but you're quite well-built in the first place, so you can "handle it". I, on the other hand, am a very slim and "lanky" (is that a word?) person - so a beer tummy looks kinda silly on a body like that ! shame
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, but you're quite well-built in the first place, so you can "handle it". I, on the other hand, am a very slim and "lanky" (is that a word?) person - so a beer tummy looks kinda silly on a body like that ! shame

I haven't touched any weights or excercised properly for a year and a half now Thor and believe me it shows! shame slant
  2. Don´t get me started on the topic of weight...

Currently what annoys me most is the lot of work I have to put into this house to prevent it from falling apart. A new small wall at the street front, the front of the house has to be restored, and there´s too much of that smaller stuff to sit around and write on a message board... ah, to hell with that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm drunk. I hear, but cannot see fireworks outside. I don't know what is going on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I'm drunk. I hear, but cannot see fireworks outside. I don't know what is going on.

A good way to end a bad day....hope tomorrow will be better smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

sad

NOW I'm depressed! We had someone move on to another job last week and someone had put together a photo album covering the 20 years he had been at our place - photos of me then were MUCH better than the ones of me now!

One of the good things about him leaving though is that I get to learn how to use a scanning electron microscope!! Looking forward to that - but the £150,000 price tag associated with this piece of kit and all the things that could go wrong (and the cost of putting them right again). :gulp:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn