• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Antineutrino wrote
    http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=6a0 … ;a=feature

Great music. Good to know that it will be released.

shocked What an incredibly well shot, well edited piece. Could have used less of the vignette filter in editing but besides that... a great video. And the music... now THAT'S the Horner I love.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Well, that was unexpected...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Actually, we've known about it since the middle of May!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Actually, we've known about it since the middle of May!

-Erik-

For me, it was unexpected! wink
  3. Antineutrino wrote
    http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=6a0 … ;a=feature

Great music. Good to know that it will be released.

Wow...I will never run out of reasons for loving this man.

He should do more independent compositions like this...maybe then his creativity will soar (excuse the pun).
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    Oh come on, that pun was SO intended rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Wait, there's two Kevins!? Huh, did not know that.
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Wait, there's two Kevins!? Huh, did not know that.

There Can Be Only One! biggrin
  4. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone happen to have the complete score to House of Sand and Fog, specifically the last 15 minutes? It plays slightly differently in the film from the album, and I was wondering if anyone loved it as much as I do and decided to rip it or whatnot.

If no, then that's fine. It's not exactly one of his most popular scores...
  5. As far as I know -- and I'm one of those people who trades in this area -- there has been no leak of the complete score for that one.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    DemonStar wrote in the NP thread
    DreamTheater wrote
    The 'War' cue still feels like a missed opportunity though and it's one of the least interesting 'long dramatic cues' he has done. I mean it doesn't build up to anything at all and feels too chaotic in the end. It's far removed from the expertly crafted "Our Best Hope" (Deep Impact), "The Launch" (Apollo 13) or "Leaving No Witnesses" (Mask of Zorro), to name but a few examples.

I think the final battle music as heard in the promo version (spanning the tracks "War","Quaritch Down" and "Fight To The Death") is a much more satisfying listen, especially as it ends with the amazing dark chorals in the third cue. The variations of the war motifs throughout are also delightful to hear. smile

Exactly. It plays better if you edit out the end of the album version of 'War' and add 'The Battle Continues'. The ending on the album is a separate track titled 'A New Beginning' on the promo, so the best way to hear the War music, IMO, is:

War/The Battle Continues - Quaritch Down - Fight To The Death - A New Beginning. Then end it with the end credits: Jake's First Flight and Gathering The Na'Vi Clans (there's an awkward pause between the tracks on the promo, so they need to be edited into one track. It makes up for a lack of a proper end credits suite.)

Just a bit of effort, and the regular album is vastly improved. (Some might prefer the promo version of 'War' - personally I prefer the album version.)

I struggle to understand how anyone could listen to that lot and not be impressed... when the JNH-like percussion kicks, that's some powerful film music. These tracks make for an absolutely stunning conclusion to an awesome score. It doesn't flow quite as nicely as other Horner scores, I'll admit, but the music itself fantastic.

knight

[I didn't want to clutter the NP thread with yet more Avatar talk]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Has anyone downloaded that Horsemen music yet? Any thoughts on it? $25 seems a lot for a 12-minute piece (if I'm even allowed to download it, since I'm from overseas).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Has anyone downloaded that Horsemen music yet? Any thoughts on it? $25 seems a lot for a 12-minute piece (if I'm even allowed to download it, since I'm from overseas).

Well, if you are in it for the music alone then $25 for one 12 minute piece and one 4 minute piece is expensive. But if you do buy the complete package you get the videos as well. I'm sure the price is high because they have to cover costs of the video production plus any fees Horner might have taken, reuse fees for the orchestra, etc.

-Erik-
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    And the music... now THAT'S the Horner I love.

It's a lovely piece of music.

I'd imagine that the size of the download - 3 videos, 2 mp3s and a poster - is likely to be quite large?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    $25!? Screw that, I'll wait until it becomes pirat--- the price goes down.
  7. Steven wrote
    pirat---

Ooh, hangman. I love hangman! Is there an "e"?

BTW, I realise that the numbers don't add up - but it wouldn't have worked otherwise.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    I never realized the Yoda's theme hints in Willow before today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Dan Goldwasser just confirmed here in Ubeda that a reissue of Horner's Krull will be released at the end of July. It will be a remastering of the previously released 2 disc set, plus a few extra bonus cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    shocked punk
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Dan Goldwasser just confirmed here in Ubeda that a reissue of Horner's Krull will be released at the end of July. It will be a remastering of the previously released 2 disc set, plus a few extra bonus cues.

Great for people who missed it first time around, I won't be buying it.

If I did it would be my 5th purchase of the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yay
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. And the future LLLR second horner title:

"Jade"

The score that Horner was rumored to have had such a bad time with the director over, that he purposefully wrote a bad score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. I assume that's not the tagline for the forthcoming release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I assume that's not the tagline for the forthcoming release?

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    yay

No D...

KRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    Remastered? Extra bonus tracks?

SOLD!!!
  10. Hmm!

Remastered Batman and extra tracks or remastered Krull and extra tracks?

At the moment I'm coming down on the side of Batman.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hmm!

Remastered Batman and extra tracks or remastered Krull and extra tracks?

At the moment I'm coming down on the side of Batman.

Personally, Batman is so far behind KRULL in the great score stakes it's possitively prehistoric, however, if you already own the KRULL 2CD release then go for Batman, personally, apart from a few ( admittedly excellent ) tracks, Batman is a no, no for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Personally, Batman is so far behind KRULL in the great score stakes it's possitively prehistoric

For you personally, as you said, I'm sure it is (although I can't imagine why). In reality, I'd put Krull and Batman at a level peg, even though I prefer Batman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010 edited
    I'm actually not particularly fond of either score. They're both so bombastic that they have no time for actual emotion, seemingly. But I am fond enough of Horner's style and the classical feel of Krull that I would love to have a remastered version of it, just to appreciate the musicality.

I would rather listen to Dragonball Evolution than Elfman's Batman. Seriously. Please don't kill me.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!