• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Haha 'Fair Game', the long forgotten masterpiece from 1995 starring the incredible and very talented actress called Cindy Crawford. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Haha 'Fair Game', the long forgotten masterpiece from 1995 starring the incredible and very talented actress called Cindy Crawford. tongue

you forgot naked wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. That's why i said 'very talented'. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    That's why i said 'very talented'. cheesy

True, very true beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    New game score, SORCERY

http://www.amazon.com/Sorcery-Mark-Manc … bsnr_42_83
  4. Yes, LLLR released it a few weeks ago. Where have you been? ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sorry, just saw it! smile IS it any good? anyone heard it?
  5. Personal opinion: I didn't care for it, or ther other game score they released (by Lennertz).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought it was middling. Nothing special, nothing bad either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pass then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012
    Glad to see Mancina still active, at the very least.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Yeah and that his pc loaded with that 90's samples is still working good as new!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Demetris wrote
    Yeah and that his pc loaded with that 90's samples is still working good as new!

biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
    News: Soundtracks
    Composer Mark Mancina Scoring Disney’s ‘Planes

http://soundworkscollection.com/news/co … eys-planes
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013
    a couple of full tracks combined as a suite from his new score Planes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zppTXN3 … r_embedded
  6. Mark Mancina is back!! Okay, maybe never really went away, but he hasn't been attached to a (virtually garantueed) blockbuster like this in ages. It was well worth the wait...

http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/planes

Thanks,
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  7. I'm listening to Planes right now. Holy crap if it isn't a ladleful of pure musical goodness straight out of the 90s. How the hell he pulled off a cue like "Dusty and Ishani", with those Bollywood vocals and those classic Media Ventures chord progressions (the sequence starting at about 1:53 made me grin; that's practically Days of Thunder levels of MV nostalgia biggrin ), without making it sound hopelessly cheesy, I don't know. Or maybe it is hopelessly cheesy but I just love it anyway. And the main theme is absolutely awesome! This is exactly the sort of music that makes me love MV/RC so much, and the kind that they ought to get back to writing a bit more these days.

Peter, your review is right on. Let's hope Mancina is back to stay! cool
  8. I would have wished that Man of Steel would sound like this!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    I would have wished that Man of Steel would sound like this!

I can imagine it working well, actually. Zimmer could have pulled it off - heroic, fun, a tinge of Americana and yet still in his style (or Mancina's, in this case). A shame Zack Snyder doesn't know what the word "fun" means and he'd probably never allow it.
  10. PawelStroinski wrote
    I would have wished that Man of Steel would sound like this!

It's probably a little bit "too light" for MoS but I sure see where you're coming from.
    "Planes" clearly shows you can have a lot of fun, great themes, exciting percussion withouth being dreadfully serious and drowning the music in horns of doom. My opinion.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
    Man of Steel was a morbid deathfest story, why on earth would it have a "fun" score? The decisions on the feel of the film, which includes the score, came from way higher up than Zimmer.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  11. New interview (audio only):
    http://www.filmmusicmedia.com/interview … arkmancina
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013 edited
    Southall's review of Planes: http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=3894

I pretty much agree with your assessment, but I have to admit I'm a fan of all those things you don't like about it. I'm excited to hear Mancina score a big film like this again, and I'm excited to hear that he's still stuck in the 90s. It's exactly the type of score that I've been looking for to break the monotony of modern trends in film music today. I really really enjoy this one, and I hope he scores more films! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    I pretty much agree with all that the esteemed Mr Southall said. I must admit that I was surprised to find myself enjoying quite a bit of this score, it certainly isn't without charm.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. Steven wrote
    Southall's review of Planes: http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=3894

I pretty much agree with your assessment, but I have to admit I'm a fan of all those things you don't like about it. I'm excited to hear Mancina score a big film like this again, and I'm excited to hear that he's still stuck in the 90s. It's exactly the type of score that I've been looking for to break the monotony of modern trends in film music today. I really really enjoy this one, and I hope he scores more films! cheesy

He's breaking the monotony of modern RC trends by going back to MV trends of two decades ago. I find that amusing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013 edited
    Well, some of the MV stuff was more interesting than the RC stuff we have now, I bet people complaining about MV back then had no idea it could get worse.

Basically, the quality of their synth libraries has improved, so everything sounds richer and more immersive, but almost everything else, such as melodies and interesting orchestrations have gone downhill it seems...but that's more a fault of the studio's demands than the composers' talents...would love to hear Lorne Balfe write some 90s power anthems combined with their 2013 stuff...I know he can do it, because of some of his library music as well as the rarely mentioned "Harry's Arctic Heroes" which is a fine little score, but ironically compared to what I just said, somewhat lacking in recording quality...
  13. I don't disagree, I just find it amusing. As you pointed out, how many of us that were looking down on MV stuff in the 90s when Williams, Horner, and Goldsmith were churning out scores, now think back fondly on those MV days compared to what RC is giving us now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    Yeah...

Oh, to hear a score like Beyond Rangoon done with 20 years worth of Zimmer's improved musical knowledge and techniques...I'm still mad about that fake description of Man of Steel that claimed the main theme was similar to Beyond Rangoon but played by 20 cellos...lol. Would have been better than what we got!
  14. Synchrotones finally gets round to reviewing PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2016
    Earlier this summer, composer Mark Mancina recorded his score to the new Disney animated feature, Moana. Directed by the legendary duo of Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, Aladdin) the film features the voices of newcomer Auli’i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson. The score recording took place at the Eastwood Scoring Stage at Warner Bros., and we’re thrilled to share our exclusive photos from the scoring sessions with our readers!

http://scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it