• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I wasn't only commenting on Godzilla here. Let's me rephrase. You shouldn't punish ANY composer or score because of a terribly produced CD which you do ALL THE TIME!

-Erik-

What you have been smoking? I can't see that I've EVER done that. Please be specific.

You have stated this countless times at various film music message board. Do you deny this?

-Erik-

Of course. I have never - EVER - blamed the score itself or the composer for the C&C presentation! Why would I? It doesn't make sense. They have nothing to do with each other (except in the rare cases where the composers are also producing the C&C presentation on album).

The C&C presentation is usually done by FANS that aren't particularly concerned with listening pleasure, but an incessant need to have every single note in chronological order - as if the FILM is the thing and they need to preserve the audio track from the film on a separate medium.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I wasn't only commenting on Godzilla here. Let's me rephrase. You shouldn't punish ANY composer or score because of a terribly produced CD which you do ALL THE TIME!

-Erik-

What you have been smoking? I can't see that I've EVER done that. Please be specific.

You have stated this countless times at various film music message board. Do you deny this?

-Erik-

Of course. I have never - EVER - blamed the score itself or the composer for the C&C presentation! Why would I? It doesn't make sense. They have nothing to do with each other (except in the rare cases where the composers are also producing the C&C presentation on album).

The C&C presentation is usually done by FANS that aren't particularly concerned with listening pleasure, but an incessant need to have every single note in chronological order - as if the FILM is the thing and they need to preserve the audio track from the film on a separate medium.

And I applaud those FANS for releasing EVERYTHING giving us other FANS the oppourtunity to hear and enjoy everything the composer wrote for the film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    And I applaud those FANS for releasing EVERYTHING giving us other FANS the oppourtunity to hear and enjoy everything the composer wrote for the film.

Good for you, then.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Godzilla release = excellent quality.

End!
  1. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  2. And thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. On this whole GODZILLA album thing, I can well believe that everything that needed to be heard from it could be fit on one disk in some special album arrangement. After all, if this could be true for scores by John Williams, Basil Poledouris, and others, I don't see how it could fail to be true for something a bit further down the food chain like a David Arnold score. If Arnold was producer and didn't like it playing in that fashion, he could have at least given a 'playlist' of essential tracks that he thought was optimal.

Christodoulides wrote
    Well the long-hyped previous (film) was nothing special at all in violent contrast to the score which absolutely rocked so yeah, you can say i am looking forward to this new score as well!

Weird. There's an inversion of decency for you.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    franz_conrad wrote

....meaning?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

....meaning?

Dictionary time. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I got the words and what you're saying, it's not like you used the most difficult of the vocabulary out there wink but it's the deeper meaning and what you're really trying to say that i don't get.
  5. Are you asking me what I'm really trying to say, or what does this thing I'm really trying to say really mean?

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    spin what are you really trying to say dizzy
  6. I like the film, but thought the score a bit bland when it wasn't one of the 4-5 really good action cues or developing Vesper's theme. wink I like Tomorrow Never Dies better on the music side of things.

The film, though overlong, seemed to get better every time I saw it. Four of the five times I watched it were on the same plane trip from London to Sydney (there really was nothing else on!), so I probably never need to see it again, but it's the best Bond film I've seen. (I know, 'best Bond film' doesn't mean much to me either, so perhaps saying 'best action film I saw that year' is better. And Craig is a good Bond - no nonsense and posing here.)

So, like I say, an 'inversion of decency'.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I agree there Franz. TND is my favourite Arnold Bond score. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Quantum Of Solace behind the scenes:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22231
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    Ah, yes. I can't wait.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    The UK release date has also been brought forward by a week. Yay for me! lick
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Erik Woods wroteThe complete 2CD release of Godzilla by La La Land Records is nothing but brilliant! Blows that old "promo" out of the water.

I most certainly agree on this one, a helluva score that is now allowed to richly develop at its own pace.
    I'm still on the fence about my favourite 3 David Arnold scores but Godzilla would probably be in there.
    It was thrilling to get to meet him in Ubeda last year, a top, down to earth guy.
    Not to mention the concert !! cool
  7. I would love to see him return to his beginning days, when he was just trying to make a name for himself and writing complex melodies and huge action material, as opposed to the Bond music he now makes. Since The Musketeer I haven't been following this man anymore. 7 years is that, correct?

But I enjoyed the hell out of Godzilla (how could one not). Mr Arnold should team up again with Roland Emmerich and just do what they do best, bombastic scores for entertaining summer flicks.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    But I enjoyed the hell out of Godzilla (how could one not). Mr Arnold should team up again with Roland Emmerich and just do what they do best, bombastic scores for entertaining summer flicks.

As far as I'm concerned that would be good for both parties. I understand why Emmerich might have wanted John Williams (who wouldn't?) but it's quite a downward step to his subsequent composer.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

As far as I'm concerned that would be good for both parties. I understand why Emmerich might have wanted John Williams (who wouldn't?) but it's quite a downward step to his subsequent composer.

But considering it's how Kloser now... rolleyes
  8. Why couldn't David Arnold compose 10.000 BC? Its a match made in heaven for Arnold!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    At least we would be spared of that dreadful snoozfest that is Zimmer wanna-be 10.000 b.c.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    At least we would be spared of that dreadful snoozfest that is Zimmer wanna-be 10.000 b.c.

I ain't heard it and everything people say about don't give me confidence in it? rolleyes slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Why couldn't David Arnold compose 10.000 BC? Its a match made in heaven for Arnold!

He should have helped write the screenplay too. Then two aspects of the film would have been undeniably better.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited
    Wooptie shite, two pictures that give nothing away.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited
    Uhm...7 more like. rolleyes

And do you really want stuff to be given away?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I stand corrected, and that 5th picture I'm keeping.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I stand corrected, and that 5th picture I'm keeping.

What, the one with Craig in his tight underpants? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt