• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    THREE AND OUT - Trevor Jones

LIMITED EDITION RUN OF THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING - NOTE THAT THIS IS A SCORE-ONLY ALBUM, AND HAS A DIFFERENT TRACK LISTING TO THAT OF THE ROVINGE EYE RELEASE

1. Carpe Diem, Seize the Day
    2. Three and Out - The Premise
    3. Paul Encounters Tommy
    4. Breaking into the Callaghan's House
    5. A Bit of a Sad Sack
    6. Tommy and Rose
    7. We'll Have to use Soap
    8. Tommy's Apprehension
    9. Only the Good Die Young
    10. The Chase
    11. Always, Always, Always
    12. The Emerald Ring
    13. A Deal's a Deal
    14. Where the Cricket Sings
    15. You're a Menace, Tommy Cassidy
    16. In Pursuit

On Sale from 22nd April 2008

http://www.trevorjonesfilmmusic.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008
    TREVOR JONES ON STAGE AND SCREEN ONLINE

Trevor Jones has written the music for over 60 movies, working regularly in both Hollywood and the UK. In his most comprehensive interview ever, Jones talks to Tommy Pearson about all aspects of his career and answers questions sent in by Stage and Screen Online listeners.

In Part One (40 mins), Jones talks about his background, how he fell in love with cinema as a boy in South Africa, how he ended up scoring films, and details his work on Excalibur, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Last of the Mohicans and Cliffhanger.

In Part Two (29 mins), Jones reveals that he came up with the original idea for Brassed Off and talks about his scores for Thirteen Days, From Hell and the recent Three and Out. Jones also talks of his plans to re-release his Excalibur soundtrack and the general politics of modern film scoring.

Hear/download this exclusive interview for free now at Stage and Screen Online :

http://www.stageandscreenonline.com

Author: Tommy Pearson
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008
    I'm rather surprised that nobody has mentioned my favorite Jones score, Cliffhanger. It got one third place vote in this poll thing, but wow, I think it's easily the best thing he's done outside of The Dark Crystal. That theme is so good, when I heard the silva recording I had to go buy the CD. Maybe it's not the best album, but that theme is by far one of the best of the 90's, certainly better than Last of the Mohicans, no matter what anyone says. :D
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    I'm rather surprised that nobody has mentioned my favorite Jones score, Cliffhanger. It got one third place vote in this poll thing, but wow, I think it's easily the best thing he's done outside of The Dark Crystal. That theme is so good, when I heard the silva recording I had to go buy the CD. Maybe it's not the best album, but that theme is by far one of the best of the 90's, certainly better than Last of the Mohicans, no matter what anyone says. :D

No it isn't!

Well, imo anyway biggrin

The Cliffhanger theme sounds just miserable though I do like the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    miserable? You are kidding, Timmer, right?!?!??
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    miserable? You are kidding, Timmer, right?!?!??

Nope! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I do not understand. Its so beautiful---and all that brass, mmm. Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I love the theme too. Although it's almost identical with LAST OF THE MOHICANS wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    no its not Demetris. Its completely different. Just listen to the two.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    no its not Demetris. Its completely different. Just listen to the two.

I'd say it has more of a similarity with The Dark Crystal.
  1. What are you guys smoking?

Cliffhanger similar to The Dark Crystal? Or to Last of the Mohicans? I can´t think of three scores being more different.

(Okay, I can, make it Jones scores.)
  2. Give some more love to Dinotopia!
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  3. what do you think of the pic of Bregt and myself with Trevor Jones?
    Taken this Filmfestival smile

Just check my profile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    Whau! Just bought the "cliffhanger" score for $4.80 in a second hand store... that score is great! I really like it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    what do you think of the pic of Bregt and myself with Trevor Jones?
    Taken this Filmfestival smile

Just check my profile

Wow, that's great!! biggrin punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Has anyone....ANYONE......else here ever seen a small gem of a film called DARK ANGEL?

Back in the olden days of cinema big features were usually preceded by a "featurette", Dark Angel was released in the UK with Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, most of the time these were "boring" shotrt films about Kayaking in Wales or Fishing In The Fens etc but Dark Angel was a delicious slice of medieval mystical fantasy which I enjoyed seeing on the big screen numerous times with it's main feature. A brilliant score too by Trevor Jones pre-Dark Crystal / Excaliber etc.

Anyone else???? Alan maybe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    ^ Sorry, I have Dark Angel, but it's a Joel McNeely CDR boot from a TV show of some kind. Not Trevor Jones and not medieval.

But, boy, does this sound good! Anything Trevor Jones and medieval needs to be heard! I hope that your Dark Angel does get released.

Additionally, I don't think Cleopatra gets mentioned often enough on this thread. It's my favourite Jones score.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  4. Timmer wrote
    Has anyone....ANYONE......else here ever seen a small gem of a film called DARK ANGEL?

Back in the olden days of cinema big features were usually preceded by a "featurette", Dark Angel was released in the UK with Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, most of the time these were "boring" shotrt films about Kayaking in Wales or Fishing In The Fens etc but Dark Angel was a delicious slice of medieval mystical fantasy which I enjoyed seeing on the big screen numerous times with it's main feature. A brilliant score too by Trevor Jones pre-Dark Crystal / Excaliber etc.

Yes, I remember this! I also saw it several times. Every now and then I try and find more information about it on the net but I was never very sure what the title was so my searches never got very far.

I have no idea what the score was like - at that point my appreciation for film music was in its infancy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yes, I remember this! I also saw it several times. Every now and then I try and find more information about it on the net but I was never very sure what the title was so my searches never got very far.

I have no idea what the score was like - at that point my appreciation for film music was in its infancy.

I had a feeling you'd know what I was talking about. beer

The film is listed at IMDb but that's all.
  5. Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "13 Days"? Complete score tracks count too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "13 Days"? Complete score tracks count too.

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - Death Of Major Anderson
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "13 Days"? Complete score tracks count too.

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

Erik, can you please give me the full track list?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

*Ahem*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

*Ahem*

Thank you Steven but it's the "complete" ( 2 CD ) track list I need.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah. That's a little harder to find... damn.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

*Ahem*

Tim, is this any use?

http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbair … rteen-Days
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

*Ahem*

Tim, is this any use?

http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbair … rteen-Days

It certainly IS.

Thanks Alan beer
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

- Lessons Of History
    - Knot Of War
    - The Will Of Good Men

-Erik-

I love that score. And film.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    For anyone here who owns it or has heard it, how is Jones' Around the World In 80 Days? I'm considering getting it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    William wrote
    For anyone here who owns it or has heard it, how is Jones' Around the World In 80 Days? I'm considering getting it.

I'll download it using Rapidshare and get back to you on that one.