• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Herlig å se deg tilbake, adragon!

We can never get enough Norwegians, dammit! smile

So adragon is norwegian for dammit ? tongue

Welcome dammit! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Are you shure you wanna join us Adragon ?!
    Really shure ?!
    There are some weird people in this forum !
    You've been warned !

biggrin

Nah , just kidding !

A very welcome from me as well ... wink wave
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Only the weird can spot the weird.

I should know, I am weird. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome back!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    Weired? I think I will adjust just fine then wink Thanks all. Good to be back! smile
  3. You used the word weired a little weird. I'm pretty sure you wanted to say weird because it came out a little weired.

Anyway you should fit nicely here, among the weired. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    beer
  4. Via the facebook page I found this site. There it said "if you are a truly movie music fan, you have to join us here".

So I did here I am. I saw some familiar usernames here, that I know from SST (StreamingSoundTracks.Com) and yes I have the same username there as well.

Nice to see you and I will browse to the forums....
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011
    Welcome! Hope you'll enjoy your stay among us! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011 edited
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Via the facebook page I found this site. There it said "if you are a truly movie music fan, you have to join us here".

You heard that right. This is without doubt the best film music board on the net in terms of atmosphere. It's still somewhat of a "hidden gem", which is just as well. Welcome!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Ohhhhhh Sirius you are here! bhangra

Pridelander is here.... and obviously known as a TLK geek wink
    BhelPuri and some other SSTers are also here too.

Welcome! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  5. Miya wrote
    Ohhhhhh Sirius you are here! bhangra

Pridelander is here.... and obviously known as a TLK geek wink
    BhelPuri and some other SSTers are also here too.

Welcome! smile

Miya yes you and BhelPuri were some of those I was referring to in my first post.

And Thank you Stavroula and Thor from the Welcome greetings as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hi Stefan, and a warm welcome here! wave

It's a nice place. We have Merrigold! s
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Orange!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Sirius welcome aboard. It is indeed a hidden gem and it's good to see someone from Streamingsoundtracks here

hope you enjoy your stay here
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yahoo Sirius ( sorry shame ) welcome aboard beer

Tim Green!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2011
    Welcome, Sirius! beer
  7. I'm kinda new. I posted a few times about three years ago and on a few other sites. I've been down on film music for awhile now and the way a majoritiy of the "fans" acted/still act (at other sites).

But, then I found MovieScore Media and I'm starting to catch the score bug again. Mikael seems to be using what is a lost artform in our little niche by using his judgment (probably a better word for it, but can't think of it now). There seems to be a screening process with his releases because most of them are works of art and great music (obviously I don't like all of them). Stuff just isn't released because it is a famous movie or composer, but because the music is generally really good. It's about the music and not collecting.

Which goes back to why I love this site. People aren't afraid to have an opinion and use their judgment (again, probably a better word for what I'm trying to say) and every thing that is released isn't called good. Some music is bad. You can get a sort of consensus here....as opposed to everyone's favorite site where someone wrote, "they want to collect every soundtrack ever written!" Everything is good. No kind of judgments made. Blade Runner is good (even though it is horrible). wink There aren't any label enforcers here who jump on anyone who criticizes a few choice annointed labels (seemingly thinking they will get a job offer from said label producers because they interviewed some composer from some obscure 50s scifi tv show that lasted three episodes that was published in some now defunct magazine..thus making them "experts") because they milk an extra $10 out of the consumer by adding an unnecessary 2nd disc with the original album presentation even though the 1st disc contains the complete score.

Not sure what I just said, but maybe someone can figure it out. rolleyes

-Nate
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    Welcome back. punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011 edited
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    There aren't any label enforcers here who jump on anyone who criticizes a few choice annointed labels (seemingly thinking they will get a job offer from said label producers because they interviewed some composer from some obscure 50s scifi tv show that lasted three episodes that was published in some now defunct magazine..thus making them "experts") because they milk an extra $10 out of the consumer by adding an unnecessary 2nd disc with the original album presentation even though the 1st disc contains the complete score.

True, this board is refreshingly free of that (although in my case, the "complaint" would go the opposite way -- since I prefer album presentations over complete presentations). Thankfully, the "No criticizing labels or their new releases!" unsaid rule does not apply here.

Welcome, btw.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Welcome back, muckle.

muckle_dabuckle wrote
    I'm kinda new. I posted a few times about three years ago and on a few other sites. I've been down on film music for awhile now and the way a majoritiy of the "fans" acted/still act (at other sites).

All hobbies have their doofuses. Luckily, I find, most people are nice and respectful if treated nicely and respectfully.

muckle_dabuckle wrote
    Which goes back to why I love this site. People aren't afraid to have an opinion and use their judgment (again, probably a better word for what I'm trying to say) and every thing that is released isn't called good. Some music is bad.

Indeed, it's especially bad on FSM. Not only is it frowned upon to comment negatively on particular releases and their problems, but whenever there's a thread where a person asks people what they think of so and so score nearly everyone raves about how wonderful it is, seemingly independent of the quality of the music. It's not often that you see balanced posts that point out both the good and the bad about scores, or advice people not to purchase an album. I'm probably the biggest Morricone fanatic in the world, but I can't count the number of threads on FSM where I've been the only one to offer some criticism of some of his scores.

Peter smile
  8. Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Thor wrote
    True, this board is refreshingly free of that (although in my case, the "complaint" would go the opposite way -- since I prefer album presentations over complete presentations). Thankfully, the "No criticizing labels or their new releases!" unsaid rule does not apply here.
    Welcome, btw.

I prefer some kind of producing as well to make a cohesive listen instead of throwing everything into the pot, but I can accept complete scores as long as the album isn't tacked on as a second disc jacking the price way up. Critical decision making is a good thing for album presentation.

plindboe wroteAll hobbies have their doofuses. Luckily, I find, most people are nice and respectful if treated nicely and respectfully.

That is true. At least "conversations" don't always "escalate" if one of the parties stays friendly.

plindboe wroteIndeed, it's especially bad on FSM. Not only is it frowned upon to comment negatively on particular releases and their problems, but whenever there's a thread where a person asks people what they think of so and so score nearly everyone raves about how wonderful it is, seemingly independent of the quality of the music. It's not often that you see balanced posts that point out both the good and the bad about scores, or advice people not to purchase an album. I'm probably the biggest Morricone fanatic in the world, but I can't count the number of threads on FSM where I've been the only one to offer some criticism of some of his scores.

That pretty much sums up FSM (that mixed with the bizarre obsession with being famous a lot of people seem to have there). My respect for the place is dwindling (that being said I read it everyday biggrin ), but there is some good info to sift through once in a while (found out about Soul Surfer there or it may have slipped past my radar). I know a lot of people from here (and the "former" MMUK board) post there, sometimes on a regular basis, and they bring a dose of sanity. It's weird...sometimes people behave for months and months and then something snaps and it's bad for months and months (I think the Slipstream "incident" brought the negative back). I guess my main thing with score fans in general is EVERYTHING is good. If you say so you are basically saying nothing. Every score, every release, etc. is the best EVER and every last note MUST be included. I almost prefer the FSM bickering to this.

"ORDERED!!!!!!"
    "But, is the music any good? What's it sound like?"
    "ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    "ORDERED!!!!!!"

He, he....

That's a spot-on parody.

You could also add:

"ORDERED!!!!!!"
    "Nice to see this released, but it's not really my cup of tea"
    "Shut up! Damn you for not liking this! And shame on you for badmouthing the labels!!"

"ORDERED!!!!!! OMG"
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    muckle_dabuckle wrote
    "ORDERED!!!!!!"

He, he....

That's a spot-on parody.

You could also add:

"ORDERED!!!!!!"
    "Nice to see this released, but it's not really my cup of tea"
    "Shut up! Damn you for not liking this! And shame on you for badmouthing the labels!!"

"ORDERED!!!!!! OMG"

biggrin That is more fact than parody though! Plus you forgot one thing:

"Shut up! Damn you for not liking this! And shame on you for badmouthing the lables!! They could charge A LOT more for it!! I'd pay $50 bucks for this score!!!"
    "ORDERED!!!!!!! OMG" <------- this is the person that is shocked that they accidently ordered it.

To be fair a lot of people do end up elaborating, but I always get a feeling of this is for collecting only a lot of the time.
    • CommentAuthorAurora1983
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    Hi, i am Thomas, i am 27 and i live in Hilversum The Netherlands!

I work at a medicine distribution centre in Amsterdam.

I love filmmusic, and i like to have more contacts with filmmusic lovers!!

I really like movies too

see ya all soon!

greets Thomas
  10. Welcome to Maintitles Aurora1983 have fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome, Aurora!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I welcome all those I haven't welcomed yet.

Welcome beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt