• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LSH wrote
    Big night out tonight! I'm gonna paint the town... beige.

Would that be "cosmic latte"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_latte
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    This evening we'll be planning our trip to Germany at the end of December, in an Irish pub. cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Just make sure you can remember everything you 'planned' by the end of the night!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    This evening we'll be planning our trip to Germany at the end of December, in an Irish pub. cool

An Oirish pub.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

An Oirish pub.

Aye, to be sure!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Staying in tonight as we are hosting a dinner party.

Menu tonight:

Drinks.

Green salad with vinaigrette

Squash soup with sweet potato and carrots

Fresh salmon filets smoked on the BBQ with stir fried vegetables

Apple crisp

and a few bottles of white or red wine to go with the meal
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tintin wrote

WANT! I LOVE salmon.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I love salmon! lick

Have a good night - that menu would certainly satisfy me!

smile
  3. Tintin wrote
    Staying in tonight as we are hosting a dinner party.

Menu tonight:

Drinks.

Green salad with vinaigrette

Squash soup with sweet potato and carrots

Apple crisp

and a few bottles of white or red wine to go with the meal

lick

And what's the selection of music for the evening?
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    I'll program something on my ipod - a mix of jazz, classical and film music probably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Brilliant. Should be an enjoyable night! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009
    Wow, delicious! Fresh salmon from Canada!

You can still do BBQ? wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Surely Scotland is closer to you for fresh Bregt!?? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Amazon gift certificates have gotten me out of tight corners more than often.

That or promises for dinner parties later in the year, or other (unverifiable...but maybe that's abit cynical wink ) future event gifts always seem to do the trick!

Amazon gift certificates.....hm, haven't thought of that but it's a good last-minute crisis saver, Martijn!

Thor wrote
    I'm invited to a birthday party tonight and although I'm in a shitty mood (for a variety reasons that I have no intention of going into here), I could just as well drown my worries in alchohol WITH friends than drowning them in alcohol alone, in my apartment. The only problem is - I don't have any birthday presents. Granted, the host says he doesn't expect them, but still. Does anyone have any crisis solutions? I guess I'll have to find something in the closet and be a re-gifter! smile

If the choice is alcohol alone vs alcohol with friends, i'd definitely opt for the latter wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

I'd love to! Wasn't that part of our MT goes Hiking with Tent trip, with Alan and Martijn?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Go. Away.

(I'll be in Greece. In a six-star hotel.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote
    Go. Away.

(I'll be in Greece. In a six-star hotel.)

You could always stay at Gleneagles, Martijn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Would you believe I have actually been looking at that?
    My attention was drawn by my insanely richly paid British colleague who does indulge in exuberant madness like that...but while I generally am able to steer away from his extravagances with at least still only *one* mortgage on th house intact, this hotel really looks like the dogs bollocks!

So yeah, I'm definitely gonna stay there.
    Sometime. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'd love to! Wasn't that part of our MT goes Hiking with Tent trip, with Alan and Martijn?

Yes biggrin

And as you can see, roughing it in a tent fills Martijn with ecstatic boundless joy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009 edited
    Oi, just got up and it's all dark again....I partied untill 6 in the morning (I remember wailing out "Eye of the Tiger" during a Rock Band session), but fortunately did not wake up at the floor with my shirt off this time. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Bregt wrote
    Wow, delicious! Fresh salmon from Canada!

You can still do BBQ? wink

Ha ha. No snow yet! Snow doesn't really stop us anyway. We do BBQs with the big green egg (see below) year long even when it's under zero in january. Last night fish was excellent- smoked with apple tree bark. Too much mixing drinks and wine though!

http://www.biggreenegg.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haha, cool! BBQ in winter. cool
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Oi, just got up and it's all dark again....I partied untill 6 in the morning (I remember wailing out "Eye of the Tiger" during a Rock Band session), but fortunately did not wake up at the floor with my shirt off this time. dizzy

spin biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote

Being a man shirt off is not something that should worry you! Trousers off... well that's a problem! Especially if there's a lady nearby... you know babies tend to sneak their way into the world like this! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009
    Lying unconcious with my trousers off and there's ladies around.....cripes! Anything could happen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! BEER! lick beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Quiz tonight. We won with 97/128, seven points ahead of the next team.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice one! cool beer

A strong member you were?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think it was the strongest contribution I've ever made. My contribution is usually limited to film questions (and there were quite a lot of those) but we had a picture round last night and I got most of them right too.

There was some controversy because we were asked what colour Northumberland Avenue is on a Monopoly board and I said pink. I'm sure it IS pink, but the answer was given as purple so we didn't get the mark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Southall wrote
    There was some controversy because we were asked what colour Northumberland Avenue is on a Monopoly board and I said pink. I'm sure it IS pink, but the answer was given as purple so we didn't get the mark.

Hehe I guess that depends how old your board is, how many years it has been in the attic or exposed to sunlight. Most streets have turned all pale brown / yellowish on our board!
    wink