• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012
    LSH wrote
    Arrived back drunk. Went arse over tit on the frosty driveway. Woke everybody in the neighbourhood with a torrent of loud cursing. Ouch.

beer shame

He, he....I get ya. Oslo is also an ice rink these days. Almost did the same thing TWICE yesterday, as I stumbled my way home at 4:30.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. I'm sure if I stuck around long enough this morning ( I went unconcious very quickly ) it would have turned into a drunken love fest of "you're my beshtest friend.... ( 'wobbles, eyes unfocused' ).....'EVER" "hic!" shame biggrin

Ha. I'm that sort of drunk too. I don't understand why some people get violent when drunk!

Me neither! I fucking HATE arseholes like that, one of whom used to be a "friend" of mine, I had no choice, it was my girlfriend's ( before Mel ) brother, an otherwise really nice and very intelligent bloke and yet once he'd had 3-4 pints his whole demeaner would change, the "that bloke over there is eyeing up my girlfriend" mentality, he was a hard fucker too, sometimes you could reason him out of trouble but he got banned from many pubs for fighting. He ended up emigrating to Australia....lucky them! rolleyes

I hate morons.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    Going out for another improv theatre gig today. Should be fun....the theme is musicals, and they're apparently improvising a new musical each time. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012 edited
    The 'younger' part of my extended family is getting together today (siblings, cousins, second cousins etc.), where I happen to be the oldest by far. I'm kinda the 'Godfather' of my generation. Should be interesting. I'll also try a couple of beers, despite doctor's orders -- I bought some fine bottles in Sweden awhile back. Gonna bring one Leffe, one Chimay and one Hoegaarden. And non-alchoholic beyond that.

Anyways, cheers!

beer
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    CHeers Thor, enjoy the beers. smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer

Staying in tonight nursing my cough & cold, I'll have a couple of beers.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm going on a weekend to the Ardennes. Perhaps you know LAN-parties? Well, the group that organized such events in the past, quits doing this and organises one last LAN for everyone who once participated. They rented a villa not far from Durbuy, with swimming pool, soccer tables, biljart, sauna, ... Very luxury but cheap because we are 25 people. I'm sure some of you think this is as nerd as you can go, but really, it's not. Like other LAN parties in the past, the focus will be on socializing and not gaming (I'm not a gamer anyway). Lots of silliness, drinking, local beers, a little bit of gaming, swimming, and a BBQ. It'll be great, and in a nice setting. Perhaps a geocache, some walking around, a bar.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    I'm going on a weekend to the Ardennes. Perhaps you know LAN-parties? Well, the group that organized such events in the past, quits doing this and organises one last LAN for everyone who once participated. They rented a villa not far from Durbuy, with swimming pool, soccer tables, biljart, sauna, ... Very luxury but cheap because we are 25 people. I'm sure some of you think this is as nerd as you can go, but really, it's not. Like other LAN parties in the past, the focus will be on socializing and not gaming (I'm not a gamer anyway). Lots of silliness, drinking, local beers, a little bit of gaming, swimming, and a BBQ. It'll be great, and in a nice setting. Perhaps a geocache, some walking around, a bar.

Sounds really good Bregt, no nerd at all! Have fun beer punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Like other LAN parties in the past, the focus will be on socializing and not gaming (I'm not a gamer anyway).

Isn't that just a regular party with LAN included?

(LAN'ing is my idea of hell. I can play games for about 20-30 minutes until I get bored.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012
    Well, that didn't end well. Had an incident at the end of the party, and had to be taken in ambulance to a hospital, where I spent the remainder of the night. And that was only after three beers. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

Because of the beers?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    shocked

Because of the beers?

Yeah, I had one more than the doctor said I can take. Usually, that's not a problem. This night, it was. It's an unpredictable disease.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jesus, Thor... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! You really do need to take it easier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Cripes! You really do need to take it easier.

I've already reduced my alcohol consumption by 75%! But I guess I have to reduce it even further, from last night's experience. But I'd rather not live than never to be able to drink any alcohol at all. Seriously. Beer is life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012
    So take it easy and do what your doctor says in order to be able to drink once in a while. Seriously Thor! I'm all in for the rebellion but your life doesn't worth it. Then again it's your life. We have no saying in this. Just to worry a bit and give you a hug to make it better. smile hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012 edited
    Thanks, Stavi. It's a complete uprooting of my previous lifestyle and what does -- in my world -- make life worth living (not necessarily getting sloshed every weekend, but being able to enjoy a few beers in good company), so it will take a while to complete. I obviously can't have ambulances and hospital visits every time I go out with friends, so I need to bite the dust.,

Imagine someone telling you you can't listen to film music anymore. Or have sex. Or talk to your family. Or travel. It's the sacrifice from hell! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Can you switch to low alcohol beers?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Can you switch to low alcohol beers?

I've already switched to non-alcoholic beers, but the selection is meager and most of them taste like piss. Which is why I need to have at least 2-3 regular beers in addition in order to avoid total depression. But apparently, I need to be careful even with that amount.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Honey I had the exact same conversation with my favourite cousin who is 3 years older than me. He has Cooley's disease which has caused him heart failure and most recently kidney failure and he told me the same thing. He can't drink water and he can't enjoy a beer or two with his friends which pains him a lot. And as he told me it's all about finding the balance. Just think that he can't get away, but you can be well and when you find the balance you will be able to enjoy your life. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    Honey I had the exact same conversation with my favourite cousin who is 3 years older than me. He has Cooley's disease which has caused him heart failure and most recently kidney failure and he told me the same thing. He can't drink water and he can't enjoy a beer or two with his friends which pains him a lot. And as he told me it's all about finding the balance. Just think that he can't get away, but you can be well and when you find the balance you will be able to enjoy your life. smile

He can't drink water? That must be difficult, as there are so many things that contain it (not only drinks, but foods as well).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    The more water and liquid he drinks the more times he has to have hemodialysis and because he cannot stay away from water and drinks he goes almost every day. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    But let's got back to Friday! I went to Athens, went out for drinks, had a huge fight with the bf returned home alone and then had him outside my window for an hour. We made up finally and had a nice Saturday. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    had a huge fight with the bf returned home alone

YES!!!! punk
    bhangra fireworks
    I'll be coming over right aw...
    We made up finally and had a nice Saturday

Well POOP. angry
    Stop teasing me like that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    shocked

Because of the beers?

Yeah, I had one more than the doctor said I can take. Usually, that's not a problem. This night, it was. It's an unpredictable disease.

shocked

Take it easy! Hope all is well now and that this sudden incident doesn't have any lasting effects.
    Kazoo
  2. I'm off to see The Hunger Games, hoping for a great movie / music experience smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012
    I've invited some old mates around tonight for beer, a curry, and films.

A Friday night in at last. It'll be a good one though!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds great! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just finished work. Lot on these days.
    My left arm and shoulder hurt like a m@th3rf4cker (due to stress and lack of sleep. It's not unknown to me, unfortunately).

Time for drinkiepoos!
  3. Goodness Martijn. You deserve a big drink indeed!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn