• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    Unleash hell, Timmer!

(Bat out of...,
    ...'s Bells,
    Highway to...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Unleash hell, Timmer!

(Bat out of...,
    ...'s Bells,
    Highway to...)

biggrin beer

My friend worked in the dull grey city of HULL for six months last year....all those titles and more were used on his farewell night cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    I went out tonight again, this time with a group of drunken French guys (sadly no girls this time) I met in the hostel I'm currently staying at in Sydney. We went to a nearby club which I had a hard time getting into because the bouncer insisted on quizzing me on my alcohol consumption of the night and didn't believe me when I said that I'd only had two drinks already. Anywho, I had a good time dancing and although I am pretty drunk, I don't actually feel that tired. Which is why I am here typing about it so soon after.

spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    I went out tonight again, this time with a group of drunken French guys (sadly no girls this time) I met in the hostel I'm currently staying at in Sydney. We went to a nearby club which I had a hard time getting into because the bouncer insisted on quizzing me on my alcohol consumption of the night and didn't believe me when I said that I'd only had two drinks already. Anywho, I had a good time dancing and although I am pretty drunk, I don't actually feel that tired. Which is why I am here typing about it so soon after.

spin

beer bhangra
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    That pop quiz I've mentioned many a time....I'm chairing it tonight. I've even sneaked in an audio round of film music cool

I just thought you'd like to see the audio round I did.

10 snippets of between 30 seconds to a minute, TWO points per piece, I wanted the name of the film and the artist....

1) The Saint
    2) Born Slippy ( song )
    3) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me ( song )
    4) Cat People ( Putting Out Fire ) ( song )
    5) On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    6) Bullit
    7) Get A Bloomin' Move On ( Self Preservation Society ) ( song but want name of composer )
    8) Sam Lowry's 1st Dream ( song )
    9) The Pink Panther Theme
    10) Fuga A Cavallo

Some of them are too obvious but see how many you can get? Remember, this was an audio round and all I asked for was film that it came from and artist. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    1) The Saint
    2) Born Slippy ( song )
    6) Bullit
    7) Get A Bloomin' Move On ( Self Preservation Society ) ( song but want name of composer )
    10) Fuga A Cavallo

Let me be the first to "guess":

1. Edwin Astley, TV series?
    2. Underworld, TRAINSPOTTING
    3. U2, BATMAN FOREVER
    4. David Bowie, CAT PEOPLE
    5. John Barry, OHMSS
    6. Lalo Schifrin, BULLIT
    7. ???
    8. Michael Kamen, BRAZIL (???)
    9. Henry Mancini, THE PINK PANTHER (I assume both film and TV series is accepted here)
    10. Ennio Morricone, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

WHAT DO I WIN? WHAT DO I WIN??? smile

(btw, great quiz selections! Not too "nerdy" and yet quite challenging for the "common man").
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    1) The Saint
    2) Born Slippy ( song )
    6) Bullit
    10) Fuga A Cavallo

Let me be the first to "guess":

1. Edwin Astley, TV series?
    2. Underworld, TRAINSPOTTING
    3. U2, BATMAN FOREVER
    4. David Bowie, CAT PEOPLE
    5. John Barry, OHMSS
    6. Lalo Schifrin, BULLIT
    7. ???
    8. Michael Kamen, BRAZIL (???)
    9. Henry Mancini, THE PINK PANTHER (I assume both film and TV series is accepted here)
    10. Ennio Morricone, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

WHAT DO I WIN? WHAT DO I WIN??? smile

(btw, great quiz selections! Not too "nerdy" and yet quite challenging for the "common man").

Thanks! smile

Afraid you only win KUDOS for having a go, not easy without hearing the tracks beer

The ones you didn't get....or more properly, the answers I was looking for from my audience.......

1) The Saint - Orbital
    7) The Italian Job - Quincy Jones
    8) Brazil
    ( well done cool - Kate Bush ( if you had been there I would have given the point for Michael Kamen )

I was impressed that of the teams, young and old, everyone got John Barry & Henry Mancini right ( though one team put Dr. No rather than OHMSS wink ).

Everyone got the first four although a couple of teams put the wrong Batman film for an answer.

NOBODY got the Brazil one, not even with Kate Bush's obvious vocals, one team even put Julie Andrews!? dizzy Everyone got The Italian Job but nobody got Quincy Jones. Only one team got Lalo Schifrin. EVERYONE got The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and all bar one team put Ennio Morricone, the exception being a team who thought it was Hugo Montenegro who had a huge UK hit with it, I over heard a team member berating his team saying "I told you it was Morricone" cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Pool! Beer!

What else can one ask for on a saturday night?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sex?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I knew it.
  1. My team in soccer won (yeah cheesy ) but the competition did too as well (frack angry )
    so one more week to go and then we'll know who will be champion of Belgium
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    Regardless of what days of the week can be discussed here, I'm in for a hell of a long day tomorrow! cry

Gotta be up at 6am to go and pick someone up from the train station, and then we've gotta drive 100 miles to the NEC in Birmingham. Then we have to be on an exhibition stand all day, trek to the other side of Birmingham during rush hour to get to the hotel and then will probably have a night out drinking before being on the stand all day Thursday and then driving back. sleep

I'm fully prepared to be up for 24 hours straight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Regardless of what days of the week can be discussed here, I'm in for a hell of a long day tomorrow! cry

Gotta be up at 6am to go and pick someone up from the train station, and then we've gotta drive 100 miles to the NEC in Birmingham. Then we have to be on an exhibition stand all day, trek to the other side of Birmingham during rush hour to get to the hotel and then will probably have a night out drinking before being on the stand all day Thursday and then driving back. sleep

I'm fully prepared to be up for 24 hours straight.

Well, think that by the time you reach home, you´ll have the Lost finale to watch.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    I forgot about that!! YES!!
  2. saturday night, sheer adrenaline rushes through my body, because today we decide who becomes the soccer champion!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    saturday night, sheer adrenaline rushes through my body, because today we decide who becomes the soccer champion!!!

Who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, who?

Tonight is the Eurovision Song Contest, btw. Even though it has evolved to some sort of Eastern European/Camp Community "camp" thing, most of us tune in to see it, even those who don't care (like me) or those who outright hate it!

I'm going to some friends for a couple of beers in 5 minutes, and I'm positive the TV will be on in the background. Norway has one of the favourites this year, the young, fiddle-playing Alexander Rybak.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    saturday night, sheer adrenaline rushes through my body, because today we decide who becomes the soccer champion!!!

Who?

a little club from Belgium, our own competition
    the club is called Anderlecht, not that you ever heard of it tongue
    even though they won the european cup 2 times in the recent past
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Of course we've heard of Anderlecht! I've even PLAYED with Anderlecht as my team n FIFA computer games!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Of course we've heard of Anderlecht! I've even PLAYED with Anderlecht as my team n FIFA computer games!

good for you, then you know they better soccer in the games than in reality wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Who?

a little club from Belgium, our own competition
    the club is called Anderlecht, not that you ever heard of it tongue
    even though they won the european cup 2 times in the recent past

Like Thor I too have heard of it.

Good luck beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, who?

Tonight is the Eurovision Song Contest, btw. Even though it has evolved to some sort of Eastern European/Camp Community "camp" thing, most of us tune in to see it, even those who don't care (like me) or those who outright hate it!

I'm going to some friends for a couple of beers in 5 minutes, and I'm positive the TV will be on in the background. Norway has one of the favourites this year, the young, fiddle-playing Alexander Rybak.

Apparantly no one is allowed to block vote!?

The UK entry has been written by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Can't stand that annoying twat.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote

You n' me both buddy beer

p.s. I didn't go mad yesterday soooooooooooo it's BEER TIME!!! punk beer
  5. UNBELIEVABLE

in the 93rd minute a penalty for the opposition and they miss, meaning we won but also our competitour, meaning 2 test games between Anderlecht and our rivals, this for the championship

man, what an anticlimax confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    Steven wrote

i'd jade her
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

i'd jade her

...wha!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Norway won the Eurovision Song Contest, with a new all-time record! I really don't care, but at the same time I'm really, really proud!

In terms of stage show, I thought the Greek and German performances were the best. The Lloyd Webber song from England was disappointing.

I'm pissed and have to go to bed. good night, sweet folks!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Norway won the Eurovision Song Contest, with a new all-time record! I really don't care, but at the same time I'm really, really proud!

In terms of stage show, I thought the Greek and German performances were the best. The Lloyd Webber song from England was disappointing.

I'm pissed and have to go to bed. good night, sweet folks!

I ended up watching it and taking the piss all the way through, such good cheesy TV fun doesn't happen often wink cheesy

I didn't care that UK didn't win but the Norwegian entry getting so many points?......get d' fuck! It was pure cheesy awfulness with lyrics written by an 10 year old....ooops! Oh, he was older than that!!? shocked , and that's saying something in a contest full of euro-shite! I wouldn't have given that crap a single point. ( Sorry Thor but I wouldn't be proud of such shit winning, please don't tell me you honestly thought it was good!? wink )

My vote went to Turkey....don't remember the song at all but the women were HOT lick ...same goes for Romania, they can come and dance 'round my place anytime cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

i'd jade her

...wha!?

Crap song! ( not helped by the fact I CAN'T STAND ANYTHING LLOYD WEBBER ) Hot chick that Jade though!! lick