• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013 edited
    Not before we get a REAL Dinosaur icon crazy explode dino bazooka
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013 edited
    There's a Boardwalk Empire themed dance party tonight.
    Alas though I am coming down with a fever, so it's in some doubt whether I'll be able to attend.
    Had my suit laid out and everything too. cry

:tommygun:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013
    Oh! Pity you are ill! Just think that if you stay in tonight you will be better tomorrow and the days to come!
    I don't know what I'll do tonight. Study by the looks of it but again you never know!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013
    I've had a rotten cold and sore throat all week but am feeling loads better, beer time for me tonight drink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013 edited
    edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    Geezes, kept it going to 5 last night. I'm dead tired today, and I'm going to introduce Robert Altman's IMAGES on the Art Institute in a couple of hours (focussing on Williams' music). Must muster some extra energy.

In any case, last night was wonderful (and of course I had to sing some Youtube karaoke around 12). I'm sure PlingKong can attest to that, if he reads this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2013 edited
    Busy evening.

First I'm off for an informal drink with a girl at a pub, then I'm heading for the annual Christmas party with the Montages colleagues. Not QUITE there, shape-wise, but it will hopefully....uhm, shape up during the evening.

Cheers!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013 edited
    More Christmas parties coming, and tonight's a good one (hopefully).

First, I'll head off (probably alone) to a concert at the Italian Culture Institute, where the jazz trio Italian Surf Academy holds a concert of music inspired by Italian composers like Morricone, Bacalov, Ortolani etc. See a sample of their work here: http://vimeo.com/47933217

Then off to meet the others at a place called The Micro Brewery for some specialty beers (expensive, of course).

Then finally, there's dinner at the best Thai restaurant in town, a place that has a cool gimmick -- they sporadically turn off the lights in the room to have a minute of lightning and rainstorm sound effects for mood. Not a traditional Christmas-type dinner and place, but variety is good.

After that, I don't know. Should be good.

Does anyone have any Christmas parties lined up?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Bacalov is Argentine, Thor. Anyway, have a great evening! I'm not into jazz at all but I envy you the Tai restaurant!

lick

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013 edited
    I didn't realize Bacalov was Argentinian (I should have imagined he had Hispanic origins, given his name)! He's mostly famous for his Italian scores.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Bacalov is Argentine, Thor. Anyway, have a great evening! I'm not into jazz at all but I envy you the Tai restaurant!

lick

Volker

There's plenty of Prog that fits the jazz label. It always amuses me when people say they're not into jazz tongue wink
  2. There is of course a variety of prog with strong leanings towards jazz. Gentle Giant in their later works for instance. I generally prefer the symphonic variety, with connections to classical music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
    Birthday party here of one of my best friends.

Christmas parties... Still an odd thing to hear. We only celebrate that at home.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    In Norway, it's called "Christmas tables". Viking tradition. Whether its a group of friend or work collegaues or whatever. Most people have several Christmas tables during November and December.

Anyways, it's now over. I think the 14 people were pleased with my hosting of the night.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited
    I'm amazed that I managed to write that coherently,btw. The day of drunken type errors is over"!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. It's the same with this "Christmas tables" in Germany. Traditionally you eat goose roast with filling, dumplings made of cooked potatos and red cabbage. Which - by the way - I will do today. lick

Volker

http://images.eatsmarter.de/sites/defau … k=QWFDUOlz
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013
    Volker this looks wonderful!
    By the way we don't have such a tradition in Greece, but again it doesn't need to be Christmas! Here we have "tables" with friends and family almost every Sunday! smile
    Well, went out yesterday in an excellent restaurant and had a great time! It was good after the bad mood I had for the past few weeks. It's slowly getting better. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    No one has posted anything about their New Year's plans?

I'm off in 30 minutes for a dinner party at an extended friend's house. He said there would be up to 30 people and many single girls coming, so he's set the bar. However, I'm in a shitty shape right now, and don't feel any extra energy to hook up.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    Off in 30 as well! Wein, Weiber und Gesang!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. It's "Wein, Weib(!) und Gesang". Only one Weib I'm afraid!

Volker biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013 edited
    A few friends are coming to mine later and then we'll be off to a local ( and hopefully 'quiet-ish' ) pub at around 10'ish tonight.

Hope you all have a great night! drink beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer drink
  5. I get to spend New Year's in a plane. punk punk punk punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014
    So much for the "quiet-ish" pub.....it was heaving!!!

Still, it was a great night out and we drank far too much....beer, whisky, brandy..... followed by a very drunken early morning session of eating a selection of cheese and biscuits complimented by ( looking at how much is left in the bottle ) too much Port.

Finished the night with a large glass of Bailey's and ice.

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    too much Port.

No such thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    It's "Wein, Weib(!) und Gesang". Only one Weib I'm afraid!

Well, old Strauss clearly was a bit of a puritan. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    too much Port.

No such thing.

No, you're quite right. It was too much of everything else....... I'm not thinking very clearly today. Quelle surprise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Kept it going to 5:30, and basically just got up now at 17 in the afternoon! Loads of drinking (strong specialty beers), dancing, singing (oh, why can't I help myself?), fireworks etc. But I didn't manage to land a girl.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Kept it going to 5:30

Awright! punk

, and basically just got up now at 17 in the afternoon!

Awright! punk

Loads of drinking

Awright! punk

dancing,

Awright! punk

singing (oh, why can't I help myself?),

Awright! punk

fireworks etc.

Awright! punk

But I didn't manage to land a girl.

Aw. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he....
    I am extremely serious.