• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013
    I got on well, but the combo of beer, red wine, white wine and mojitos didn't fare well with me today. Yeah, yeah, I know....I should take better care of myself, what with the liver condition and everything, but I can't help it when you've got a good party going, even including KARAOKE!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    I got on well, but the combo of beer, red wine, white wine and mojitos didn't fare well with me today. Yeah, yeah, I know....I should take better care of myself, what with the liver condition and everything, but I can't help it when you've got a good party going, even including KARAOKE!

If you don't party too often and if you lead a healthy life in between, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

If you don't party too often and if you lead a healthy life in between, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

True. Sadly, I fail at both.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013 edited
    Big party at my editor's place tonight. Several film folks will be there, like one of the directors of KON-TIKI.

More importantly, though, looks like there will be a lot of gorgeous girls that I can hit on (providing they're single). Granted, my added weight over the last months has removed SOME of my mojo, but hopefully not everything. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
    Attaboy Thor! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
    Going out today, Tim?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013 edited
    It's Easter holiday for most of us, and I wonder what you're all doing.

I'm in my hometown (as usual) and I'll be having a quiz tonight for the friends that are in town. Everyone prepares 5 questions, and I'll be handling the music quiz. I had film and tv music theme last year, so I had to think of something new. Landed on "hits from each decade" -- one from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's.

But for future quizzes, does anyone have any idea on how to do a music quiz? A way to "thematize", that is?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013
    Cripes but there are so many ways to do music quizzies.

A fun one to do is JOHNNY CASH, the man has covered so soooooo many other artists songs, the answer to the questions would be 'who did the original?'

I've also done classical music themed pop, basically classical adapted within a pop song such as done by Greg Lake, Elvis Presley, ELO etc.

A more morbid one I did was play songs by the likes of Buddy Holly, John Denver etc and then ask what links them all together ( they all died in plane crashes )

Another link I did was a very hard one, I played tracks by various artists and asked what they all had in common ( they're all left handers ), I can't remember all the artists now but I do know that Paul McCartney and Jimi Hendrix are amongst famous left handers.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool, thanks! I think some of them might be a bit difficult for my crowd, though. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe? wink You might remember I used to occassionally stand-in for people at a pop quiz I used to regularly go to, there would always be "easy" rounds to get people warmed up but on the whole it was a hard core quiz for people who knew their stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013
    I'm feeling very religious so I'm going out to the pub to get pissed and play in a pool contest where I will smight and bludgeon my foes into submittance and demand they worship the pool god...ME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013
    Get all Old Testament on their collective asses! (Though perhaps without the sodomy.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    The chocolate is big on those ones...
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    Steven wrote
    Get all Old Testament on their collective asses! (Though perhaps without the sodomy.)

Well, it's not over, a big contest that gets finished tomorrow on bank holiday....I'm still in it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2013
    Timmer wrote
    I'm feeling very religious so I'm going out to the pub to get pissed and play in a pool contest where I will smight and bludgeon my foes into submittance and demand they worship the pool god...ME!

I came 2nd so pocketed £60 and the guy who beat me is a very close friend of mine so it's not as bad as it could be. smile

....I see no worship for fallen idols who lie about promising greatness slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    ....I see no worship for fallen idols who lie about promising greatness slant

Thou art but a shadow of thine assumed glory, and thy followers will weep and turn their backs.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    By Crom but you speaketh truth! slant cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013
    Hmmmmm? I think I'll do THIS tonight.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013

^
    Today is a welcome groundhog day biggrin drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013
    I'm bollexed dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013
    I'm off to a girl friends house leaving party tonight, should be good fun beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013
    A house leaving party?! Now that's a new one. I've heard about house-warming parties, though.....actually, come to think of it, I've been to one or two house-leaving parties, although they weren't presented as such.

I had a few beers earlier in the afternoon (in the wonderful spring sun here in Oslo) and feeling the aftermath now. So no fun for me tonight.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013 edited
    Actually it's just one girl that's leaving, it's two girl friends who shared a house and one of them is leaving to live in another part of the city with her boyfriend so the other friend is throwing her a leaving party.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013 edited
    Party yesterday.
    Started out at aroud 14:00 for those with kids (imagine 10 toddlers running around) to seemlessly segue into an adult party from 19:00 onwards with massive quantities of alcohol and heated discussions until 4 in the morning.

Needless to say I'm rather out of sorts this morning.
    Oh. It's 15:30. Well. It sure feels like morning.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013
    Martijn wrote
    Party yesterday.
    Started out at aroud 14:00 for those with kids (imagine 10 toddlers running around) to seemlessly segue into an adult party from 19:00 onwards with massive quantities of alcohol and heated discussions until 4 in the morning.

Needless to say I'm rather out of sorts this morning.
    Oh. It's 15:30. Well. It sure feels like morning.

My man, Martijn! punk

Those parties are great....gets the family bit first (not that interesting to me, but at least I get the opportunity to talk to some of my estranged parent friends), then the real deal starts later on when the parents are gone with their kids or their kids taken to bed. Then the 'party jewels' remain. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013
    Me and 5 friends are hitting a quiz tonight in the city centre, it's very popular so we need to get there early to get seats. We've done this quiz a number of times over the years and won it a few times.

A shame that ERIC and MARTIJN aren't in the vicinity next week, I saw an advert on the pubs board for a STAR WARS QUIZ NIGHT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Neimoidoans!
    Alderaan!
    T-65 Incom Starfighter!

...what'd I win?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Tomorrow, May 1st, is a holiday here in Norway, so I'm going out for a concert with a friend. Apparently, there are several models there (as in female models). Smooth.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    I'm drunk as a beef! Reggae concert and nachsipel with red wine and prodfound discussoins. Alrighty thjen.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    OK, it's 4:08. I need to go to bed.
    I am extremely serious.