• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2012 edited
    Had a great Tuesday evening out today.

Went to see a cool laser & light show with a couple of artists that are very inspired by Jean Michel Jarre. One Norwegian (who was a little bit close to the master for comfort) and a French synth band called Space Art -- the lead keyboardist had, in fact, played with Jarre for 30 years.

Several beers, so I'm tipsy right now.

Here's a track that Space Art played tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEHNehQsg8
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2012 edited
    After a quiet weekend it's time to go out drink beer and shoot pool cool

( Francis, the pub I'm playing in has a screen so I'll not be missing the snooker wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012
    Went out with £25, came back with £70 ( plus some change ) biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012
    Time for the second 'julebord' tonight (literally translated as 'Christmas Table'...a Scandinavian tradition....but basically a form of Christmas party). With friends from my hometown here in Oslo. Should be good to hit the town again; it's been a couple of weeks.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012
    Going out to an old friends 50th tonight, things are going to get messy. drink dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2012 edited
    Annoyed now. Wore some 'fancy shoes' to the Christmas party. It has been snowing for a long time, and then it became so mild that it started to rain, making all the streets extremely slippery. And my shoes were slippery. So I fell over 3-4 times on my way back home, the last one really hard with my head first. Fortunately, the glasses were ok. Swearing and cursing the fucking Norwegian weather, I'm going to bed soon.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2012
    'ouch!'
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012
    Three Englishmen, A Mexican, A Frenchman and an Austrian woman go into a pub....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and walk out £140 richer after hammering everyone else in a quiz. biggrin punk
  1. Timmer wrote
    ...and walk out £140 richer after hammering everyone else in a quiz. biggrin punk

? slant ?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Drinks are on you!
    champagne
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012
    Martijn wrote
    Drinks are on you!
    champagne

If we all met together? Gladly! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012
    Taking it easy this weekend seeing as I'll be out on Monday night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Monday night?! Christmas Eve?!

I don't think I've ever gone out on Christmas Eve. That's the biggest family day of the year, the day of traditions, present opening, dinners, church, etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Monday night?! Christmas Eve?!

I don't think I've ever gone out on Christmas Eve. That's the biggest family day of the year, the day of traditions, present opening, dinners, church, etc.

Not here it's not, presents are opened on Christmas day. I'm not religious at all but there have been occasions I've gone to church, I love the ambience and good will and hearing chiors singing hymns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    yeah

Although to be honest I've never been to a church on Christmas. I do like churches though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    yeah

Although to be honest I've never been to a church on Christmas. I do like churches though.

cool 'sort of related' I would love to one day hear Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis performed in Gloucester Cathedral, RVW wrote the piece specifically for the accoustics of that cathedral, I think it would blow my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012 edited
    I'm not a frequent churchgoer either, even though I'm Christian (albeit a liberal one). In fact, I think Christmas Eve is the only time I go to church these days. And that's mostly for the mood! Yeah, I know, I'm morally corrupted.

For a moment there, I forgot that you in the UK open gifts on Christmas morning as well (just as the Americans). Nothing much happens on Christmas Day here. It's basically a relaxed day after the big celebration on Christmas Eve.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    yeah

cool 'sort of related' I would love to one day hear Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis performed in Gloucester Cathedral, RVW wrote the piece specifically for the accoustics of that cathedral, I think it would blow my mind.

That really would be proof of heaven.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed it would. angelic
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Taking it easy this weekend seeing as I'll be out on Monday night.

Well well well, I took it very easy last night, wonders never cease. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012
    Tonights plans? Get pissed and say 'up yours' to last year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Going out to a party at a friend's house. We all bring our food for a common 'tapas' table (I've made salmon rolls, i.e. smoked salmon inside a lefse buttered with a white, soft cheese -- rolled up and then sliced into neat, sushi-like pieces. The end result looks something like this.

I'm bringing all the specialty beers I bought in Sweden for drinks.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I'm with my family tonight. My niece (10 jears) is all exited already.

We had some French oinon soup au gratin with toast for lunch.

Tonight it will be meat fondue. Clishè, really! Everybody does that in Germany tonight. Or table raclette. But it's fun and very jummy! lick
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012 edited
    My evening will be similar to Thor's adventures. I made a winter soup and a little tapas with pear and Gorgonzola cheese.

Thor wrote
    I'm bringing all the specialty beers I bought in Sweden for drinks.

punk

I obviously add to that as well. wink

Enjoy all of you!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I just got white hair, and about to go to a pub. The two things aren't related, but they are things I have and will be doing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A can of lager and two whiskeys later and I'm off out....see ya later, have a good and safe one beer punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2013
    Haven't been out for some time so tonight is get pissed night punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013
    I'm kinda pissed too. been spending the night with a couple of buddies. Been drinking speciality beers and watching the Eurovision song contest, of all things. Very tipsy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013
    Geez,, I drank from a beer bottle that had all my used snus in it, and now I'm naseous. Stupid.
    I am extremely serious.