• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    tjguitar wrote
    Boots aren't worth anything, well, i suppose you might find someone dumb enough to cough up for one on Ebay, but you certainly can't take it to any musci store and get anything for it, even if it were pressed.

You'd be surprised. I usually end up selling all my obsolete CDs in the end. And I also don't really care how much money I get from them, I just want to get rid of them. eBay users aren't quite as well-informed as us concerning new limited releases, it seems. Just one example out of many: I had no problems selling my Concorde release of Bad Boys after the LLL version came out.

You want a boot actually IS a pressed CD, but has terrible sound quality nonetheless? Bernstein's Slipstream. And it's also my favourite Bernstein score, no questions. I would LOVE to get a release with proper sound quality!!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Disney won't let them. EVER. They're too scared to even release it them selves though. rolleyes

You never know... it's good to be a bit optimistic wink

Anyway, I'd keep my hopes up for an expanded John Williams' score like Jurassic Park, Lost World, Hook or Harry Potter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, that's quite a problem with some scores, e.g. Black Rain, which NOT ONLY is sometimes pretty hard to listen, but also isn't helped by the sound quality. And some of cool pieces of the score are unreleased officially.

That's be great if it gets a expanded. Would be probably the first Zimmer expanded score to be released in history? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    You know what... it may very well be the first. I can't think of any other official expanded Zimmer release in the past.

But I'd only be satisfied with an expanded Black Rain if they keep the Zimmer theme song on there. When I bought the expanded boot, I was dismayed that the song wasn't on there. I had to snag it from the regular release and burn my own CD with the expanded score followed by the theme song. I did the same thing with my Grinch and Atlantis expanded boots. What is it with expanded boots and missing theme songs? It's not like they have to worry about "legal issues" revolving around the release of songs, is it?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You know what - we'll hype it up with all the guessing going on, and then it'll turn out to be something like Barny The Dinosaur Complete Sing-A-Long Limited Edition. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    You know what - we'll hype it up with all the guessing going on, and then it'll turn out to be something like Barny The Dinosaur Complete Sing-A-Long Limited Edition. cool

ROFL biggrin

I hope it's not that big of an anticlimax tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I think I heard once that La La Land have made some kind of deal with Mark Mancina to release three of his scores on their label. That said, my money is on Speed 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    HeeroJF wrote
    But I'd only be satisfied with an expanded Black Rain if they keep the Zimmer theme song on there. When I bought the expanded boot, I was dismayed that the song wasn't on there. I had to snag it from the regular release and burn my own CD with the expanded score followed by the theme song. I did the same thing with my Grinch and Atlantis expanded boots. What is it with expanded boots and missing theme songs? It's not like they have to worry about "legal issues" revolving around the release of songs, is it?

Yeah, but they probably didn't put that in since it's the unreleased stuff we're more concerned about, since the official songs/score cues can be gotten easily enough anyway. So they were just lazy enough to add 'em themselves tongue

BTW Atlantis was an Academy Promo I think, for the Best Original Score award, that's why they didn't add the song maybe. Same with Brother Bear etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    I think I heard once that La La Land have made some kind of deal with Mark Mancina to release three of his scores on their label. That said, my money is on Speed 2.

That'd be great. I'd keep my hopes up for August Rush too.
  1. HeeroJF wrote
    You know what... it may very well be the first. I can't think of any other official expanded Zimmer release in the past.

I concur. The song is really amazing.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    We'll just have to wait.
    Thomas smile

Indeed. However, for some reason, film score fans seem to be immune to patience.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Agree Thor. As I've gotten older patience has come much easier for me.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Agree Thor. As I've gotten older patience has come much easier for me.

Me too! I even take my time when it comes to playing new material, at one time the moment I got my hands on something it was straight on the player. Now it can be up to a week or more before I get around to a new disc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    For as long as I've waited for a complete release of The Goonies, I think we need a word stronger than simply "patience".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can only with my slight moral prickles at night were about the possession of a boot or two. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    For as long as I've waited for a complete release of The Goonies, I think we need a word stronger than simply "patience".

You think that's bad!? How'd ya think I felt waiting for expanded Bond scores since I got into film scores in the early 70's! slant wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    dang, that is a long wait. Bet you must've been bouncing off the walls when they all came out? And at the same time, no less!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    My wallet has been going OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!! for years.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    moonie wrote
    My wallet has been going OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!! for years.

Yeah, mine's empty after my spending spree on CD's yesterday. And today I bought some more RAM for my computer. *money death*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    dang, that is a long wait. Bet you must've been bouncing off the walls when they all came out? And at the same time, no less!

Big time! biggrin

One of those weird things where after so many years I never believed it would happen and yet I never gave up hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm not sure, but could this be the Batman Animated Series score album about which there was some word sometime ago?
  2. DemonStar wrote
    I'm not sure, but could this be the Batman Animated Series score album about which there was some word sometime ago?

Can't be. The shows scores take up way more than one CD, and even if they just focused on Walker's scoring, that would take up more than 2CDs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    "ID4 will most likely never come out by any other record company except for the one that initially released it since they have the rights in perp. So, no, do not expect it from us at the end of the month."

La La Land
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ColSharpe wrote
    "ID4 will most likely never come out by any other record company except for the one that initially released it since they have the rights in perp. So, no, do not expect it from us at the end of the month."

La La Land

And that quashes that non-possibility. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ColSharpe wrote

La La Land

Ah... exciting!!!!!
    cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd rather it be something we don't have at all though rather than something that's already had a good release, and a complete bootleg already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    What about Air Force One? Complete with the entire Jerry Goldsmith, Joel McNeely and Randy Newman material?
  3. More than two CD, I guess.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Or Marc Shaiman's George Of The Jungle! tongue I want it so bad. sad

Curse you Disney! angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Or the Batman scores by Goldenthal?
    Kazoo