• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Both of them?? That'd sure be a treat. I think Batman & Robin has enough material to be on its own 2-CD release.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Yeah. I would kill for a legit Batman & Robin 2-CD release.

But I think a Batman-themed release would've been more appropriate timed with the DVD/Blu-ray release of The Dark Knight in early December.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    I wish we had some clues to go on...
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I know, if they could play 20 questions with us or something. biggrin
  1. Looks like the Intrada release to be announced later may be Chris Young's score to Species.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    omaha wrote
    I know, if they could play 20 questions with us or something. biggrin

Or even the vague hints that BSX give for their upcoming releases.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Looks like the Intrada release to be announced later may be Chris Young's score to Species.

...no shame why? sad
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Looks like the Intrada release to be announced later may be Chris Young's score to Species.

Yep! Species: http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5 … egory=-101
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    and there goes Intrada with Species, another OUCH!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    okay... so we still have La La Land on the rise... cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great score but I'll stick with my old copy thanks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Me too!
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    This is the OUCH MY WALLET part of the topic.

Percepto records is releasing THE DAY OF THE DOLPHIN by Georges Delerue

For more details, here's the link: http://www.percepto.com/projects/025/

This is a complete version with some bonuses. I'm glad this one has a proper release. We are very lucky to have such gems available again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    I'd rather it be something we don't have at all though rather than something that's already had a good release, and a complete bootleg already.

Exactly! biggrin

If it's going to be a Batman score, my fingers are crossed for Elfman's original Oscar winning score for the first movie!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *Prays for Barney The Dinosaur Sing-A-Long*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    *Prays for Barney The Dinosaur Sing-A-Long*

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    This is the OUCH MY WALLET part of the topic.

Percepto records is releasing THE DAY OF THE DOLPHIN by Georges Delerue

For more details, here's the link: http://www.percepto.com/projects/025/

This is a complete version with some bonuses. I'm glad this one has a proper release. We are very lucky to have such gems available again.

Great release but I'll save my money for the 6 CD Delerue box set.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Percepto records don't generally sell out too fast, right? We might have more time to pick this up.

I think I'm picking up the Species release, myself. I do have the pressed boot with Species II, but the new Intrada appears to have at least 10 extra minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    DemonStar wrote
    If it's going to be a Batman score, my fingers are crossed for Elfman's original Oscar winning score for the first movie!

Ooh, that was my first soundtrack ever! Would be great, but I wonder how many new music they could put on it... It sounded pretty complete already to me.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Rian wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Ooh, that was my first soundtrack ever! Would be great, but I wonder how many new music they could put on it... It sounded pretty complete already to me.

I don't believe there's much more music.

Oh, and it DIDN'T win an Oscar, in fact it wasn't even nominated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    Poor old Danny never won one ever, did he? Not even in 97 when he was robbed (along with Howard and Zimmer) by a "pity Oscar" to the Full Monty. Ugh, the politics of the Academy are nearly as repulsive as real-life politics. If someone can explain to me how Anne Dudley's little tunes are somehow Oscar-worthy, please enlighten me, otherwise I remain revolted.
  3. La La Land Records has posted this in regards to Percepto Records future releases:

They have some amazing cds coming up. Don't worry -- they have been dormant, but man oh man the cds they have coming are gonna blow some people away!

MV

PS And NO none of those words were hints
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    MV

sleep

Unless there's going to be some Powell in there, they're not getting my money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote

biggrin

A sign of the times!!

And that's not a hint to a complete soundtrack release of Purple Rain.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

biggrin

A sign of the times!!

And that's not a hint to a complete soundtrack release of Purple Rain.

Awwwww!! angry slant
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Timmer wrote

But... the Intrada release has 12 more minutes of music (plus three synthesizer tracks used in the middle of the film), as opposed to 43 minutes' worth of score in the promo. "Are You Out There Somewhere?" along with the remastered sound quality makes this a definite upgrade.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Just hoping it's not gonna be an anticlimax tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    Timmer wrote

But... the Intrada release has 12 more minutes of music (plus three synthesizer tracks used in the middle of the film), as opposed to 43 minutes' worth of score in the promo. "Are You Out There Somewhere?" along with the remastered sound quality makes this a definite upgrade.

I'm afraid it's a cash thing, I really have to tighten my pockets for releases I MUST have.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Just hoping it's not gonna be an anticlimax tongue wink

It will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I wonder what they'll be announcing. It's certainly not the Rest Stop cd, and McCreary is releasing another one of his works on November 18th, but that won't be it either prolly. Man, i'm curious...

My soundtrack for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is already available for pre-order and ships November 18, 2008. A limited number of signed copies will be available directly from the label in a few weeks.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...