• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Next Wednesday, November 5 at 12 PM PST La La Land will start taking Orders on:

METEOR by Laurence Rosenthal

The the first 100 cds sold will be signed by Mr. Rosenthal. However, these AUTOGRAPHED cds will most likely ship on November 19. Mr Rosenthal is out of the country, but has agreed to sign these booklets for his fans while he is away on Holiday. For those whom do not qualify for an autograph will have their cds shipped next week. (If you are confused let me know and I will explain in further detail)

ABOUT THE RELEASE:

The METEOR score was released at the time of the film only in Japan. A limited edition, promotional CD was issued on behalf of the composer in 1997 with just under 39 minutes of music. This album differs from that release in that a couple of cues have been combined, one new track was located (Track 3b: “The Meteor #2”), and the track names have been transcribed from the original cue sheet titles.

This is a limited edition of 1200 units.

Retail Price: $19.98

NO ORDERS will be accepted until 12 NOON, PST on NOVEMBER 5th, 2008.

-Erik-

I will definitely be ordering a copy on 5th.

Great score! ( and originally slated for John Williams )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

That's the big "surprise"? confused
  1. No, as said earlier in the thread, the big surprise (a 2CD) is temporarily on hold.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Good.

Yeah, I wonder how long they will take...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

That's the big "surprise"? confused

Obviusly not! ( according to Justin ) Have you heard it? Believe me, Rosenthal's score is superb!

watchable star filled sorry ass film though wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I already have a pressed promo of Meteor. Looks like this one will have remastered, re-organized, re-shuffled tracks, but not really any extra music, so I'll probably keep my promo. It is, however, very good music.

Christodoulides wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    But anyways, I'm weird. Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive critic.

biggrin
    Tim, i am glad you're liking them movies my friend. To me, THE DARK KNIGHT and BATMAN BEGINS are proper comic book adaptations. Other movies out there are good as well, but spiderman......nah, the absolutely sacharine-packed teen-schmaltz crap that is the spiderman movies is not the slightest better than the larger poop of them all that was SUPERMAN RETURNS, imo.

Tim? confused slant confused Anyways, I look at movies for what they are. I don't think of them as comic book adaptations. I've never been a big comic book person (not American comics at least. I grew up on European graphic novels -Asterix, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke- but not American), so when a comic book movie comes out I just take it as face-value, not for its respect to the original comic book. So basically my ignorance is my saving grace. The Spider-Man franchise may be a bad adaptation, if you say so, but the end results still remains something that pleases me greatly with its character-driven spins and twists and excitements.

...and Bruce Campbell.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The " biggrin " was for what you said. The 2nd part of what i wrote was a reply for :

Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The franchise wasn't ever alive to begin with. And the score to the 3rd movie, although it had some very good isolated moments indeed, with the Deborah Lurie cliched rubbish, the Debney contributions and all, those few Young highlights are lost in the soup.

Nonsense! The franchise was very much ALIVE to begin with and the first two films were great popcorn munching fun rides.

I enjoy the third one but it does throw too much into the mix and loses it's way.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    For me, I think a super hero should be glorious. And look awesome!

In pretty much all the big fights spidey loses his mask and or a portion of is uniform. So instead of spider-man fighting, we are looking at Toby... who doesn't look awesome.

My favs would have to be Batman, and the shadow. The 1994 shadow sucked balls but there is a new one one the rise in 2010. can't wait for that. Batman looks awesome in every scene he is in.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote

In pretty much all the big fights spidey loses his mask and or a portion of is uniform. So instead of spider-man fighting, we are looking at Toby... who doesn't look awesome.

My favs would have to be Batman, and the shadow. The 1994 shadow sucked balls but there is a new one one the rise in 2010. can't wait for that. Batman looks awesome in every scene he is in.

Spidey awesome? Hulk, Thor, Iron Man etc are awesome, Spidey is only awesome in his capabilities.
  2. From the Man of Evil himself at FSM's boards, on Prometheus' upcoming releases:

They have FIVE NEW RELEASES in the pipeline.

THREE OF THEM are 2CD SETS

One of these is considered on of the greatest film scores written by most film music historians.

The two single CD releases are by the same composer..

One has never been avaiable before and the other has only been represented on CD as a re-recording (a rather good one IMHO).

One 2CD Set is in production and the others are just waiting for final artwork approvals.

With luck at least THREE of these titles will be out this year.

Beyond that, I can't say more at this time.

I'm going to go ahead and throw a guess in here: Goldsmith: The Early Years -- Volume 2, and since I think that will be a single CD set, that means the other single CD is by Goldsmith as well.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. One of these is considered on of the greatest film scores written by most film music historians.

I didn't know that film music historians wrote film music themselves lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    From the Man of Evil himself at FSM's boards, on Prometheus' upcoming releases:

They have FIVE NEW RELEASES in the pipeline.

THREE OF THEM are 2CD SETS

One of these is considered on of the greatest film scores written by most film music historians.

The two single CD releases are by the same composer..

One has never been avaiable before and the other has only been represented on CD as a re-recording (a rather good one IMHO).

One 2CD Set is in production and the others are just waiting for final artwork approvals.

With luck at least THREE of these titles will be out this year.

Beyond that, I can't say more at this time.

I'm going to go ahead and throw a guess in here: Goldsmith: The Early Years -- Volume 2, and since I think that will be a single CD set, that means the other single CD is by Goldsmith as well.

ISLANDS IN THE STREAM?
  4. Varese Sarabande:

"CD CLUB – ELECTION EDITION!
    Date: 11/7/2008
    We celebrate the recent Presidential election with a final batch of CD Club releases for 2008. How is it November already? We project four new titles and will unveil the results on November 17. See you then!"
  5. justin boggan wrote
    Varese Sarabande:

"CD CLUB – ELECTION EDITION!
    Date: 11/7/2008
    We celebrate the recent Presidential election with a final batch of CD Club releases for 2008. How is it November already? We project four new titles and will unveil the results on November 17. See you then!"

oh cool, that's quick, hopefully something wonderful is found in that batch
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    Presidential election? CDs? Ok... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A score cd with a black cd cover then? biggrin .............. shame

shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    SHAFT IN AFRICA! punk

shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    SHAFT IN AFRICA! punk

shame

LOL biggrin

shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    omaha wrote

Personally, give me a half-dozen of glorious and awesome-looking superhero movies every year and I will grow tired of it really quickly.

That's why I love the variety of superheroes. I love that Hellboy has that "couldn't care less" attitude, that Iron Man is a playboy, that Captain Hammer is a jerk, and that Spider-Man is a geek. None of them fit the "glorious" bill, but the diversity they bring is a breath of fresh air, I feel.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote

Personally, give me a half-dozen of glorious and awesome-looking superhero movies every year and I will grow tired of it really quickly.

That's why I love the variety of superheroes. I love that Hellboy has that "couldn't care less" attitude, that Iron Man is a playboy, that Captain Hammer is a jerk, and that Spider-Man is a geek. None of them fit the "glorious" bill, but the diversity they bring is a breath of fresh air, I feel.

I see what you are saying. I'm just different. I don't care for those characters except for Iron Man, who is a playboy, yet still is glorious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote

Absolutely. And I think it says a lot about someone's personality what they expect from a hero.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    Sorry, I just haven't been keeping track of the new releases. Could someone tell me--
    LaLaLand was supposed to have 2 releases around the 1st week of November (one of them being a holy-grail of some sorts). I do see that Rosenthal's Meteor was one of the releases. What's the other one? Or when it is releasing?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    BhelPuri wrote
    Sorry, I just haven't been keeping track of the new releases. Could someone tell me--
    LaLaLand was supposed to have 2 releases around the 1st week of November (one of them being a holy-grail of some sorts). I do see that Rosenthal's Meteor was one of the releases. What's the other one? Or when it is releasing?

They said they have put it off for a time mate. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote

Absolutely. And I think it says a lot about someone's personality what they expect from a hero.

Haha, is that a right jab or a left hook?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    omaha wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

They said they have put it off for a time mate. sad

Ah, thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote

Haha, is that a right jab or a left hook?

biggrin Are you calling Omaha a glorious playboy? Or, since I like diversity, are you calling me schyzophrenic?
  6. This comes from the Intrada site

"And speaking of releases, thanks to some licensing breakthroughs, some of the stuff we have coming up in 2010 will be - in a word - spectacular things you never thought you'd get to own. Okay, that's more like 9 words... but who's counting?
    "

Does this mean we can start to dream of a Innerspace and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids release? biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Huh?! Any chances of a Disney expanded score?? shocked

Ok, ok, I can dream on tongue dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Still wishing for Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, including The Crimson Premanent Assurance...

Innerspace I have no doubt I'll get to own as a proper release sooner or later.

But that other bit of pirate music magic? I never thought I'd get to own that!