• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    Where is that from? Bear's site or his myspacE?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Christodoulides wrote
    Where is that from? Bear's site or his myspacE?

His blog. Preorders available form amazon, but signed (in "a couple of weeks") from lalaland.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks. Is that score any good eventually?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I hope so! To be honest, it doesn't really come out much during the series as it does with Battlestar, or maybe that's because i watch every episode of BSG over and over again. :D No, really, it has potential, but it's very similar to what we've heard before from him already. That means a lot of percussion, but I'm willing to give it a try nevertheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, if it means a lot of percussion (which i absolutely adored in all three B.G scores which i play almost non-stop) then i am sold!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks. Is that score any good eventually?

It is good in the show. Don´t know if it is worth to release a cd though. I mean the score is based around Sarah´s theme and the metallic sound we all know for the terminator(s). Don´t know if there´s enough stuff to put together a lenghty cd. We´ll see.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Matt C wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Great score but I'll stick with my old copy thanks.

But... the Intrada release has 12 more minutes of music (plus three synthesizer tracks used in the middle of the film), as opposed to 43 minutes' worth of score in the promo. "Are You Out There Somewhere?" along with the remastered sound quality makes this a definite upgrade.

Listening to my new copy of Species and I have to say that sound quality is a big improvement. Although I didn't think that there was much wrong with the promo version, this new Intrada release certainly shows up the previous release's deficiencies.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Ah, La-La Land is releasing the score for Max Payne by Marco Beltrami it seems.

"MAX PAYNE" IS THE #1 FILM IN AMERICA! ORDER THE MARCO BELTRAMI/BUCK SANDERS SCORE HERE TUESDAY 10/21 AT 12:00PM (PST)!

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent news, i am really looking forward to that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Great! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Has anyone watched the movie yet? The trailer looks intriguing enough but i wonder if the actual film is as good.
  2. La La Land has made some changes:

Also, in regards to our GRANDE GIGANTE announcement on Friday it has been delayed. We WILL be announcing 1 new title on Oct 31, but it will not be the one that I have bragging about. Sadly, that title is still being combed over by legal to make sure all the "I's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    Haha, well that killed the atmosphere. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    La La Land has made some changes:

Also, in regards to our GRANDE GIGANTE announcement on Friday it has been delayed. We WILL be announcing 1 new title on Oct 31, but it will not be the one that I have bragging about. Sadly, that title is still being combed over by legal to make sure all the "I's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed.

They'll probably announce the new Terminator series soundtrack by the end of the month then, Bear McCreary said earlier it was "one of the coming weeks".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Whatever they do, I hope they do it properly wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    Oh yes, and tomorrow morning at 4am we will be announcing when we will announce what MovieScore Media will reveal as its next release...

dizzy

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited
    moviescore wrote
    Oh yes, and tomorrow morning at 4am we will be announcing when we will announce what MovieScore Media will reveal as its next release...

dizzy

mc

NOW you're getting into the spirit of things, Mikael!
    (And thanks for the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-announcement.)
    Can we start guessing already?
    I guess it's the complete, chronological Back To The Future, with outtakes and alternates.
    Either that, or it's going to be an announcement.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I'm betting it will be SpiderMan 3, 2 CD release
    why not?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Because that's a promotional 2CD set, and it's already out.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Because that's a promotional 2CD set, and it's already out.

so, they want to make of it an official release
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    Yeah...because everyone wants Spiderman 3... rolleyes sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Oh oh! We're the 31st.

/me starts visiting Lalaland like crazy. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008 edited
    When does it go live?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Anthony wrote
    Yeah...because everyone wants Spiderman 3... rolleyes sleep

Shouldn't they? Even after all this time, seeing the movie only once in theaters, I still have the "dark suit" theme stuck in my head! I feel this would possibly become one of my top favourite Christopher Young scores, right along Murder in the First and The Core, if they released it.

And I also can't fathom was everybody thought was so dreadfully wrong with the movie. I think it truly had everything you could wish about a superhero movie: every time you felt you'd acquired everything exposed so far, it threw something new at you! It juggled SO many things, there was SO much going on, never a boring moment! In that regard, introducing a new villain in the final act was absolutely brilliant, I thought! After all, I don't hear anyone complaining about having introduced Two-Face in the last chunk of The Dark Knight. But anyways, please don't jump down my throat, because I already know full well I've got the world against me on this.

Has Spider3 killed the franchise? Maybe it has, and I don't even care, because personally I think it can only go downhill from there, after such an amazing third installment.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The franchise wasn't ever alive to begin with. And the score to the 3rd movie, although it had some very good isolated moments indeed, with the Deborah Lurie cliched rubbish, the Debney contributions and all, those few Young highlights are lost in the soup.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The franchise wasn't ever alive to begin with. And the score to the 3rd movie, although it had some very good isolated moments indeed, with the Deborah Lurie cliched rubbish, the Debney contributions and all, those few Young highlights are lost in the soup.

Nonsense! The franchise was very much ALIVE to begin with and the first two films were great popcorn munching fun rides.

I enjoy the third one but it does throw too much into the mix and loses it's way.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008 edited
    Hm... I give your opinion lots of weight because you've probably heard the score in much more details than myself, having only seen the film once and never heard it isolated on CD. As such I'll try to keep my expectations a little lower and not expect another The Core if and when Spider3 does come out.

Actually I agree that the franchise didn't have much life in it with the first movie alone. But I started taking some serious notice with the second one, and the third one feels as alive as movies get, to me. But anyways, I'm weird. Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive critic.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Next Wednesday, November 5 at 12 PM PST La La Land will start taking Orders on:

METEOR by Laurence Rosenthal

The the first 100 cds sold will be signed by Mr. Rosenthal. However, these AUTOGRAPHED cds will most likely ship on November 19. Mr Rosenthal is out of the country, but has agreed to sign these booklets for his fans while he is away on Holiday. For those whom do not qualify for an autograph will have their cds shipped next week. (If you are confused let me know and I will explain in further detail)

ABOUT THE RELEASE:

The METEOR score was released at the time of the film only in Japan. A limited edition, promotional CD was issued on behalf of the composer in 1997 with just under 39 minutes of music. This album differs from that release in that a couple of cues have been combined, one new track was located (Track 3b: “The Meteor #2”), and the track names have been transcribed from the original cue sheet titles.

This is a limited edition of 1200 units.

Retail Price: $19.98

NO ORDERS will be accepted until 12 NOON, PST on NOVEMBER 5th, 2008.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HeeroJF wrote
    But anyways, I'm weird. Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive critic.

biggrin

Tim, i am glad you're liking them movies my friend. To me, THE DARK KNIGHT and BATMAN BEGINS are proper comic book adaptations. Other movies out there are good as well, but spiderman......nah, the absolutely sacharine-packed teen-schmaltz crap that is the spiderman movies is not the slightest better than the larger poop of them all that was SUPERMAN RETURNS, imo.