• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This was posted in an FSM thread, by La La Land Records:

I can give you this heads up -- La La Land is throwing the gauntlet down and claiming the week of October 31 for its OWN! It's also my 32 birthday so you know I want to share this delicious slice of birthday cake with all of you. This AWESOME, HIGHLY REQUESTED 2 cd set is gonna make many of you happy. So, Intrada, Varese, FSM -- BACK OFF. At the end of October put aside $26.98 for one of our greatest releases YET!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    Big talk!

They'd better back it up.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Big talk!

Exactly. This had better be the best damn thing ever.

Like the complete works of John Williams.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Big talk!

Exactly. This had better be the best damn thing ever.

Like the complete works of John Williams.

On 2 CD's Ant! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Everyone will be saying, "BTTF!", "Spartacus!", and "Conan!"

But it'll probably be "Independance Day".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Everyone will be saying, "BTTF!", "Spartacus!", and "Conan!"

that is indeed a big candidate, let's hope they can pull it off smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote

That would be a MASSIVE anti-climax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    justin boggan wrote

Now that would be something else... even though I do have the 2CD boot which is great. But I want the film version of "The Day We Fight Back."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Would it make sense to think horror/terror because of the time of the release?
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Would it make sense to think horror/terror because of the time of the release?
    Thomas smile

ALL the Friday 13th soundtracks! cheesy wink

Being as it's three days off John Barry's 75th birthday I'd hope it was something to do with one of his scores but that would seem unlikely.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I hope it's something horror-related... such as an official release of Chris Young's The Core.

That movie was truly horrific, in the worst sense. But what a fine score.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote

That would be a MASSIVE anti-climax.

Maybe for you!

I'd love it.

i doubt it's that, though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Complete Works Of John Debney

sleep
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    The Complete Works Of John Debney

Sure. Elf is coming out on a Blu-Ray on October 28th. So, this must be it. Complete Elf biggrin

I know it's pointless to guess what it is without clues, but on October 28th is also a release date of "Quantum of Solace". ID4?

Let's just wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We'll just have to wait.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    "AWESOME, HIGHLY REQUESTED"...

A dozen titles spring to mind at once but can't single out any one tongue

La La Land, if you read this, please try for The Lion King someday!! wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    "AWESOME, HIGHLY REQUESTED"...

A dozen titles spring to mind at once but can't single out any one tongue

La La Land, if you read this, please try for [i]The Lion King
    someday!![/i] wink

Disney won't let them. EVER. They're too scared to even release it them selves though. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Well, they have released the 2-CD Godzilla, haven't they? ...so mayhaps ID4 isn't such a throwaway guess? I'd actually like like that. I'm anxious to discard my CDR boot.

But personally, there's only one 2-CD release at the top of my list: a complete Willow release. But that'll never happen as it remains locked in the LucasArts vaults. We'll have to wait for something akin to the new Indiana Jones miracle.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I'd go for a complete ID4 release. Good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    I have never heard the boot of Independance Day, so I don't know if there's good enough material for a 2 CD set. What i know is that the official CD presentation, is a fantastic listening experience.

Personally, i would like to see a complete Starship Troopers.
    Let's just wait and see what LLL have in hands.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NunoM wrote
    I have never heard the boot of Independance Day, so I don't know if there's good enough material for a 2 CD set.

Trust me, there is. wink cool

But then again, as it's already been bootlegged, why bother releasing it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want a score that has never been really released.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Anthony wrote
    But then again, as it's already been bootlegged, why bother releasing it?

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy when I get to replace one of my boots with an official release. Not only do boots give me slight moral prickles when I sleep at night, but most of them are also pressed on CDRs. CDRs do not last forever. My copy of Elmer Bernstein's I Love Trouble rejected score is essentially unreadable by most CD players now and my expanded edition of John Barry's Nightgames is replete with scuffing noises that weren't there when the disc was new.

Before the same thing happens to my ID4 discs, yes, please, I'd love the opportunity to replace them with factory-pressed discs... while my boots are still worth something as resale value. eheh. 'cause, yes, while owning boots kinda bothers me a little, I obviously have no qualms whatsoever getting rid of them on eBay. moon
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Boots aren't worth anything, well, i suppose you might find someone dumb enough to cough up for one on Ebay, but you certainly can't take it to any musci store and get anything for it, even if it were pressed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Boots aren't worth anything, well, i suppose you might find someone dumb enough to cough up for one on Ebay, but you certainly can't take it to any musci store and get anything for it, even if it were pressed.

They are good to listen to or is it bad for your CD player?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Lethal Weapon 4!!!!!

Okay, maybe not... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    NunoM wrote
    I have never heard the boot of Independance Day, so I don't know if there's good enough material for a 2 CD set. What i know is that the official CD presentation, is a fantastic listening experience.

Personally, i would like to see a complete Starship Troopers.
    Let's just wait and see what LLL have in hands.

There is plenty of awesome unreleased material with the 2CD.
    I'd place my bet on that being the release too.
  4. sdtom wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Nothing wrong for the CD player, but bootlegs often have awful sound quality, unless they're stolen recording sessions.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    sdtom wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Nothing wrong for the CD player, but bootlegs often have awful sound quality, unless they're stolen recording sessions.

woohoo!!! kill
  5. Yeah, that's quite a problem with some scores, e.g. Black Rain, which NOT ONLY is sometimes pretty hard to listen, but also isn't helped by the sound quality. And some of cool pieces of the score are unreleased officially.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website