• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    Just got one of Grand Theft Auto Vice City radio stations ripped out of the game. VCPR/Vice City Public Radio. For those that are not familiar with it, check here for some info: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/VCPR

Anyhoo, right now I'm playing the one about morality for the second time and it still cracks me up! ROFL!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Someone next door is playing Meatloaf vomit

But...but...but AAAAAAAAYE would do aaaaaaaanyth<voice breaking>ing for LOVE. I'd RUN <pained face> right into HELL and back WAAAAAA-OOOOOOOOO

EDIT: ah, yes. That was a response to a five-day old post.
    Apparently I'm doing some catching up here.
    spin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Actually yes Timmer. She is a concert pianist. She has played The Planets by the way for two pianos but does prefer the orchestral in that case. She just found that Ravel put too much of himself in the work.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

But...but...but AAAAAAAAYE would do aaaaaaaanyth<voice breaking>ing for LOVE. I'd RUN <pained face> right into HELL and back WAAAAAA-OOOOOOOOO

spin

And what a great LOL response!! lol WHERE ARE YOU ALL THE TIME SIR? WE (I) NEED MORE OF THIS ON THE BOARD! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

spin

And what a great LOL response!! lol WHERE ARE YOU ALL THE TIME SIR? WE (I) NEED MORE OF THIS ON THE BOARD! biggrin

What!? MEATLOAF? shocked vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Actually yes Timmer. She is a concert pianist. She has played The Planets by the way for two pianos but does prefer the orchestral in that case. She just found that Ravel put too much of himself in the work.
    Thomas smile

Well, I'll happily say I'm the opposite! smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You are a street saxophonist. You have played The Atoms for twenty-two orchestras, but you prefer the triangle?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

Well, I'll happily say I'm the opposite! smile

some say nicholas dodd puts too much of himself into david arnold's work, some say nicholas dodd ghost writes a loy of scores people think are by they're "favourite" composers devil
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    You are a street saxophonist. You have played The Atoms for twenty-two orchestras, but you prefer the triangle?

That's one way of putting it!

....eh!? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    *rolling on the floor!*
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I like the work too!
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    NP : The Grateful Dead

This is a compilation a friend did for me, brilliantly played psychedelic rock / jazz....far out man wink cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    NP : 3 VIEWS OF A SECRET - Jaco Pastorius

Been too long since I aired this old favourite of mine. Jaco was one of the best bass players who ever picked the instrument up and hell if he wasn't a damn fine composer.
    Top notch big band jazz with a 'New York' vibe to it....absolute genius!

The title track featuring Toots Thielemons on Harmonica ( he played on John Barry's Midnight Cowboy theme ) is one of the most heartwarming feel good tracks I can ever think of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    NP: ORCHESTRAL MUSIC 2...Leroy Anderson

A nice encore to the first volume. I love Waltzing Cat!!!!
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

spin

Me too! I've moved back to Portsmouth and we have no internet in our flat. sad So I'm using the library at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

spin

Me too! I've moved back to Portsmouth and we have no internet in our flat. sad So I'm using the library at the moment.

*phew* for a second there i thought you were going to wittily back up martijn's love of meatloaf vomit

Sorry to hear that, have you not got access to a laptop at some point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: ORCHESTRAL MUSIC VOL3...Leroy Anderson

This was a 'tunesmith' of the first degree who absolutely loved to use unusual forms of percussion to create sound effects for his recordings.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Leroy Anderson...that's the guy with the famous typewriter tune, right?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. NP: 'Distant Valleys are Green' from ENCHANTMENT (Silk Road Ensemble)

Yo Yo Ma's Silk Road project has given us three great albums so far, searching into classical music traditions along the old Silk Road route (defined rather loosely). Highlights of this second album include this track by Zhao Jiping and Zhao Lin, Kayhan Kalhor's arrangement of the Persian traditional 'Mountains are far away' and Kalhor's original composition 'Gallop of a Thousand Horses'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Due to Michael's post I was influenced into playing this....

NP : Kitaro

A CDR a friend made for me years ago with various tracks from various albums but I've lost the track listing. I know there were some tracks from the soundtrack to THE SILK ROAD. I've gotta say that a lot of this is impressive stuff, very enjoyable mix of synths and acoustic instruments. cool
  2. NP: 'Blue as the Turquoise Night' (Kalhor) from WHEN STRANGERS MEET: SILK ROAD JOURNEYS (Silk Road Ensemble)

The highlight of the Silk Road's first incredible album, a 16 minute long piece that blends improvisatory and written scores with instrumentation and modes that connect the piece to Persian music. Kalhor is a composer I must hear more of.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: 'Distant Valleys are Green' from ENCHANTMENT (Silk Road Ensemble)

Yo Yo Ma's Silk Road project has given us three great albums so far, searching into classical music traditions along the old Silk Road route (defined rather loosely). Highlights of this second album include this track by Zhao Jiping and Zhao Lin, Kayhan Kalhor's arrangement of the Persian traditional 'Mountains are far away' and Kalhor's original composition 'Gallop of a Thousand Horses'.

I like that work; very emotional, moody and spiritual listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

spin

*phew* for a second there i thought you were going to wittily back up martijn's love of meatloaf vomit

Meatloaf? Only when drunk. And even then...

Grr, such a pain in the arse not having internet! angry Soooo many posts to go through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    One to look into Franz
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    NP : BLOW BY BLOW - Jeff Beck

Wonderful instrumental rock album, featuring Jan Hammer on keyboards cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Which one is that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CAT - Jimmy Smith

Elmer Bernstein's brilliant theme to The Carpetbaggers will be much better known to us British as the theme to BBC's long running The Money Program, it's Jimmy Smith's take from this album that is used. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    among others Timmer
    thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Which one is that?

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuDMInQMYQ
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    SUITE FROM 'THE STONE FLOWER'...Sergey Prokofiev
    Thomas smile