• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    "Punk" looks ridiculously similar to "Puke"; not my fault. As for rock and metal goes, i'd rather bang ma head a bit with the likes of fine gents like SLAYER, SEPULTURA, MACHINE HEAD wink punk

vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Somehow I'm not missing much I think

You're not wrong!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Once I thought I was wrong Tim but you know what? I made a mistake, hehehe
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

biggrin

NP : SYMPHONY # 50 'Mount St. Helens' - Alan Hovhaness

Superlative work, really looking forward to the 3rd movement 'Volcano' to give my speakers a workout! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

biggrin

Superlative work, really looking forward to the 3rd movement 'Volcano' to give my speakers a workout! punk

After that fantastic listen I need more power and this delivers too.....

NP : ITAIPU - Philip Glass

My favourite Glass work ever, this version is conducted by Essa Pekka Salonen. What an incredible force of music this is, full orchestra and choir, truly monumental!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: NEW YORK PRESENCE (Extension Ensemble)

Great brass ensemble that performs some REALLY challenging brass pieces by various contemporary classical composers, including John Cage and Elliot Goldenthal's "Brass Quintet No. 2".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

biggrin

After that fantastic listen I need more power and this delivers too.....

NP : ITAIPU - Philip Glass

My favourite Glass work ever, this version is conducted by Essa Pekka Salonen. What an incredible force of music this is, full orchestra and choir, truly monumental!

punk

NP : THE CANYON - Philip Glass

Superbly complex piece, very powerful, very un-Glass like to be honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    WANT!

biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    WANT!

biggrin

shocked

See PM biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can i has pm too?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can i has pm too?

yeah, g'wan smile
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer you can check this out at http://www.classicsonline.com/ and listen to clips.

Thanks Tom. wink

NP : MUSIC OF THE SPHERES - Mike Oldfield cool

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It is still my most played CD of 2008. So this Music of the Spheres would go for best non-score CD. Ponyo on the cliff by the sea by Joe Hisaishi as best score and El Cid by Rozsa being the best CD rerelease of the year. (so far anyway)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer you can check this out at http://www.classicsonline.com/ and listen to clips.

Thanks Tom. wink

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It is still my most played CD of 2008. So this Music of the Spheres would go for best non-score CD. Ponyo on the cliff by the sea by Joe Hisaishi as best score and El Cid by Rozsa being the best CD rerelease of the year. (so far anyway)

If MUSIC OF THE SPHERES was a film score album a lot more people here would have raved about it, it's big symphonic orchestral and it's got THEMES and MELODIES better than any film score I've heard written for this year ( obviously I haven't heard them all, including the Hisaishi score you mention ), and yes Martin, I have played it a lot, it's damn brilliant! cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

Thanks Tom. wink

If MUSIC OF THE SPHERES was a film score album a lot more people here would have raved about it, it's big symphonic orchestral and it's got THEMES and MELODIES better than any film score I've heard written for this year ( obviously I haven't heard them all, including the Hisaishi score you mention ), and yes Martin, I have played it a lot, it's damn brilliant! cool beer

Right, that's it, I'm getting this! I really don't know why I've resisted until now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Tell me about this group called Spyro Gyro
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Spyro Gyra (IPA: /?spa?ro??d?a?r?/) is an American jazz fusion band that was originally formed in the mid-1970s in Buffalo, New York, USA. With over 25 albums released and 10 million copies sold, they are among the most prolific as well as commercially successful groups of the scene. Among their most successful hit singles are "Shaker Song" and "Morning Dance", which received significant play on popular music radio stations, and are still frequently heard nearly 30 years later on jazz and easy listening stations.

Their music, which has been influential in the development of smooth jazz, combines jazz with elements of R&B, funk and pop music. Although generally considered to be more "jazz" than "smooth", Spyro Gyra's music has been criticized for being light-weight and for emphasizing melody over improvisation. They have nevertheless been praised as skilled instrumentalists and for their live performances, which average nearly 100 per year.

With the exception of alto saxophonist, songwriter & founding bandleader Jay Beckenstein and keyboardist Tom Schuman the personnel has changed somewhat over time as well as between the studio and the live stage.

I totally wrote this myself and didn't copy it from Wikipedia or anything.
    Like, totally, man.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: Amarok - Mike Oldfield

Bonkers! Mad as a box of frogs!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    Jim Ware wrote

Not an album I took to Jim slant

D'ya think I should give it another go?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008 edited
    I have a very few classical albums. I haven't played any of them lately, but last night when I realized Backdraft and the battle score of The Lion King were not so suitable for bedtime ( biggrin ), I picked this from the shelf...

NP: Divertimento K.334 & Serenata Notturna K.239 - Mozart

I have no idea what divertimentata or serenarataraaa mean. And the liner notes written in Japanese looks like foreign language to me. dizzy The only thing I know is that it sounds comfortable to my ears! It's my definition of good music. wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    I have a very few classical albums. I haven't played any of them lately, but last night when I realized Backdraft and the battle score of The Lion King were not so suitable for bedtime ( biggrin ), I picked this from the shelf...

I have no idea what divertimentata or serenarataraaa mean. And the liner notes written in Japanese looks like foreign language to me. dizzy The only thing I know is that it sounds comfortable to my ears! It's my definition of good music. wink

He's not my cuppa but there's no doubt Mozart was a towering genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Timmer wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Perhaps. I've gone off it a little; I need to be in a very specific mood (usually after a few drinks) to listen to the thing in one go!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jim Ware wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Perhaps. I've gone off it a little; I need to be in a very specific mood (usually after a few drinks) to listen to the thing in one go!

I'll have to give it a go! There's so many better Oldfield albums though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SIMPLE THINGS - Zero 7

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    NP : LOW - David Bowie / Brian Eno

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    NP: The Phantom of the Opera (Original Cast Recording) - Andrew Lloyd Webber

Excellent album, though the orchestra isn't as full-sounding as that of the film version.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote

Excellent album, though the orchestra isn't as full-sounding as that of the film version.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

What? confused biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

What? confused biggrin

My apologies William shame

I just really can't stand Andrew Lloyd Webber vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana

One of the few classical pieces I listen to a lot. Amazing!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom

A Divertimento in the time of Mozart was what we hear at the end of the movie when the endtitles are played, sort of a mini-suite.

A Serenata Notturna is classified as night music in the time of Mozart. It could have been played under a window to entertain. I'm sure you found it to be relaxing.